It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Core published (Experiential Data Project)

page: 1

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm pleased to say that Project Core is officially finished and published for you to download.

The project was comprised of team members (in alphabetical order):
Kimbal E. Cooper, Ph.D., Tyler A. Kokjohn, Ph.D., Jeff Ritzmann, D. Ellen K. Tarr, Ph.D., and Jeremy Vaeni

Project CORE was a massive online survey asking questions and gathering data of those reporting “paranormal” experience. Questions ranged from psychological, and physiological data to ancestral heritage and outlier data. The questions asked by the survey were comprised of questions submitted by all Project CORE members, and then as a team questions were edited, subtracted and added until we arrived at the final version that was ultimately used.

Participants were asked to give written account of their experience(s), and there was a written stipulation of the survey page: The survey required complete, raw honesty in relating the experiences. No matter how utterly bizarre or self-negating those experiences may have been. We also asked that the accounts submitted not be edited, sanitized, nor derived from hypnotic regression.

The survey actively collected data via the internet from participants over the course of a full calendar year, and the survey was widely promoted on social media, message boards, and podcasts. After data gathering, the work presented here in it’s final form comprises nearly 2 years worth of analysis and discussion between team members.

You can view all component pieces of the work here:
Project Core

Many thanks,
Jeff

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jritzmann

Good work Jeff. Glad to see it reach completion and a quick skim of the synopsis shows some interesting findings and a couple of concerns regarding the sampling.

I'm going to read it thoroughly and post a more thoughtful reply in the next couple of days.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nice. I have been waiting for this. Look forward to some good discussion.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

My Win 7 won't open the graphics file.
It doesn't recognize the file type.
I have it set to open all standard file types.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
you have to install the power point viewer from Microsoft
www.microsoft.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

This seems like a really great idea. And thanks for all the hard work.

I would love to get into it and read but I'm not seeing more than a page and a half. I tried to download the Microsoft link above but it isn't available for mobile devices.

So, do you think you could give us some thoughts or a brief synopsis on what you've discovered from the results? Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: homeskillet

There's no way to give any "brief" on this as it's fairly involved. You should be able to download the commentaries and synopsis by clicking the red buttons that take you to the download pages for the different components.

Also, this is not anything you're going to be able to read on your phone (unless ya wanna go blind), so probably best til you're in front of a desktop.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Liminality is the quality of ambiguity or disorientation that occurs in the “between” stage of rites of passage when participants no longer hold their pre-ritual status but have not yet begun the transition to the status
they will hold when the ritual is complete. In other words, it’s the state of being in transition. ...
The personal state of marriage separation – not divorced, but certainly not
married in the commonly accepted sense. Being between jobs, or in the process of
embarking on a new one.

www.paranormalwaypoint.com...

I sort of live in this state. This concept is fairly new to me but I can attest to having experienced some bizarre uncanny things while going through the first stages of separation. There was a random phone call from a friend at a critical time that seemed to come from the cosmos. Is it that we attach meaning to random events while in this state? When I was in between jobs a little over a year ago, I noticed that I would start to drift into "magical" thinking like there was some meaning to the pattern of interviews that I bombed that led me directly to the one I nailed and stuff like that.

With UFOs, Is it that people are seeing some mundane light in the sky and attaching some profound meaning to it while in this transitional state? This also seems like a mild form of mania like those suffering from bipolar disorder. I think I am oversimplifying, but is this what we are talking about?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Liminality is about the blurring of boundaries, neither here nor there. I don't think it has anything to do with mania or any other disorder. It has to do with things and experiences that defy categorization because they're between categories. Think of sunset and sunrise. They're neither day nor night yet they exist and contain the properties of that which lies on either side of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

have you read my private message to you?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Liminality is about the blurring of boundaries, neither here nor there. I don't think it has anything to do with mania or any other disorder. It has to do with things and experiences that defy categorization because they're between categories. Think of sunset and sunrise. They're neither day nor night yet they exist and contain the properties of that which lies on either side of them.

Ok. scratch mania for now. When I am in these "transitional" states, they are stressful times in my life where I am uncertain of the outcome. I am usually preoccupied with basic survival so that I go into a heightened state for an extended period. But you are saying its something not quite as dramatic maybe? I am going to start reading this book. bare with me

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I have sent you another message (misspelled your name the first time) and am awaiting your response before starting another thread.

new topics

top topics

join