It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Deal With Unwanted Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Increasingly, police officers are simply becoming agents of the state, unconcerned with individual liberty. Know your rights, don't be bullied! The liberty you protect may be your own. From Reason.tv, FlexYourRights.org and CopBlock.org www.LibertyPen.com...
I donno good advice??.. or an invitation for a police beat down,try lawyering up doesn't work for everybody (Blk folks) and can end badly,but I also hate being bullied or punked into anything.
Whats your opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

All of this is totally true, we often forget that the police are not some kind of God.
But it's also true that if you act that cocky around cops you have an 88% chance of meeting Mr. Baton.
and Mr. Baton is not a people person.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I agree with you entirely. At best cops show up AFTER a crime to document and take statements. In fact, my only interaction with cops during my entire life has been them stopping me or my family for some minor traffic violation. I can't recall one instance where cops were useful or helpful.
edit on 2014/12/11 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I know you maybe in the right standing up for your rights,but in real life situations lets say stop n frisk in many state or cities how do that work I mean a Mayor can say stop and frisk anyone under 35 ,can the friskee say no officer you may not search me without a warrant after all the city's fathers said he can.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I know you maybe in the right standing up for your rights,but in real life situations lets say stop n frisk in many state or cities how do that work I mean a Mayor can say stop and frisk anyone under 35 ,can the friskee say no officer you may not search me without a warrant after all the city's fathers said he can.

I would be willing to take that stop and frisk to the Supreme Court. It is totally unreasonable and against the Bill of Rights.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Spider879

I would be willing to take that stop and frisk to the Supreme Court. It is totally unreasonable and against the Bill of Rights.

Hmmm! understood, a class action lawsuit then,work with in the law and don't allow your self to be bulldozed,I often worry if I got stopped for no reason what's the best choice at the moment, I know very well I could be combative for that's part of my make-up but I also have kids so I think I would like to breathe at-least for them rather than some discomfort at my rights and personal dignity being violated for the time being it's not a choice I have to make but many others do so on a daily basis.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

But it's also true that if you act that cocky around cops you have an 88% chance of meeting Mr. Baton.
and Mr. Baton is not a people person.

I hear ya. In days past, we were introduced to his cousin. Mr. Maglight. He stood 4 D-cell and was quite mean.

Not sure if guns are replacing these now.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

eish man if you watch the news and i am sure you do, Mr bullet gets to talk before the cop does.
Sure makes you miss Mr. Baton and Maglight's old antiques

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Good video

I'd just like to add two things, from the other perspective:

Please don't tell a LEO you know your rights. That's the quickest way to get tuned out, because it's a phrase thrown at any LEO 30 times a day. And please don't start talking to a LEO about "the oath" they took. I know some of you may not like it, but that comes across as a personal jab at the officer (and yes I know, it's already personal for you because of the stop). Just stick to the law, and facts, and don't offer any commentary on the LEO's ability or inability to uphold the oath they took.

Second thing - if you're going to go this route, BE READY TO GO THIS ROUTE. Like they said in the video, don't start down this road and then start trying to back out because somebody said the word "arrest." If you're gonna do it, be prepared to get peppered with questions, possibly detained, possibly arrested, or possibly sent on your way with a smirk and a handshake. And know what you're talking about. If you're gonna go this way, really know what you're talking about and be confident in it. It may not work right there in the moment, but at a minimum you've set the stage for later on.

Again, good video. I hope more people watch it. S/F

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Getting the Orks on film in their native habitat whilst not resembling a "demon" or "bulking up" or making them fear for their lives is a true challenge.

I believe this is the fastest and best way to raise awareness. Do it now, before filming the Orks is rendered a crime.

The best cops may show up before, during or after, but they always stay late.

edit on 11-12-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Mmm, good old dehumanizing tactics. You know this is the very same tactic people used in wartime to dehumanize their opponents, right? Give them a nickname that makes them seem brutish and faceless. For the Vietnamese it was Charlie, for the Japanese it was Tojos, I could go on.

Cops are now orks? Excellent propaganda, my friend. Cheers to you!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How can I avoid being a responsible citizen? This is how children talk.

Grow up.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

can the friskee say no officer you may not search me without a warrant after all the city's fathers said he can.

You can try standing on your rights. But typically, they will then say that your refusal to allow a search is indicative of something to hide and will then wait (while you wait) for a dog handler to arrive and "sniff" (not a violation of your rights according to the constitution) and if that dog gets an any indication (and sometimes if it doesn't) then it becomes lawful to rifle you and your stuff.

Then they may or may not find something. If you "aren't cooperating" then wasting their time while you stand on your rights might invite a wider abridgment of those "rights " as you see it.

They have all day to mess with you until they come up with something… "bald" tires, for instance. All you have to do to make it worse for you is resist more. If you want to war with the cops on the side of the raad then thats your prerogative.

I['d advise just letting them prove you are "compliant" and be on your way, rather than let them prove you need a lesson in "compliance".

Despite what keyboard warriors here will tell you you are not going to win a war with 'cops rights' vs. yours.
I guarantee it. If they single you out for maltreatment and you do nothing to invite that, maybe it will come out in court later and you'll get a bonus from the city for your trouble.

Otherwise, just avoid them the best you can. If they invite you to "stand tall", try not to set off their insolence meter.
edit on 11-12-2014 by intrptr because: speling

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I see a lot of these "Stand up to the Cops! Know your rights!" kinds of movements, and they all end with a bunch of half-baked wannabe law students screaming "AM I BEING DETAINED" at cops who just want to write a speeding citation and go on about their day.

Here's a tip from someone in the real world. If a cop stops you, smile, be polite, and cooperate.

If you hassle a cop, chances are he's gonna hassle you right back, and trust me, they're MUCH better at it than you are, and can make "standing up for your rights" pretty expensive.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the easiest way to secure your rights from LEOs, especially the lower rungs, is to be able to roll down your window, smile like a shark, and say "My name is US Senator Tom Bedlam. What is your name, what is your partner's name, and what is your extremely valid reason for stopping me, son?"

My observation in life is that cops don't come off nearly as aggressive or arbitrary once they find the target's a judge, the local prosecutor staff, mayor's staff or the like.

CSB: One of my happiest moments was when a cop asked the guy I was with who he thought he was, and he replied "Why, I think I'm the circuit court judge." You could see the gears grinding. Alas, so few these moments are, like diamonds in rain.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It's pretty entertaining. That's why I caution people to be ready to fully commit to this is they're going to do it. Otherwise hilarity will ensue, and they will likely not be the ones laughing. I enjoy the videos of people running in to officers who know the law better than they do immensely. Cracks me up every time.

Always remember peeps: the stop may be a waste of your time, you may be wasting his time, but he's still getting paid to be there and you're not. He's still going home at the end of shift, and you may be spending the night somewhere else. It's a very fine line to walk.

And 3%ers crack me up lol

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is a real life situation I had posted this before on another thread and I was simply amazed I was waiting for the body slam and night sticks,and again while this is out right dangerous for White folks this could be deadly for Black folks, not something I'd recommend and he walked unscathed like wow.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
LOL yes sometimes to shut down a bully you need a higher grade bully..I jest..somewhat.

edit on 11-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I believe this is the fastest and best way to raise awareness. Do it now, before filming the Orks is rendered a crime.

It's already too late in the state of Illinois

Illinois Just Made it a Felony for Its Citizens to Record the Police and the Media is Silent
thefreethoughtproject.com...#

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

and when cops do show up to simply ask a person a few questions cause a 911 call was made, people bitch and complain about that too.
there is a thread about that here.
cops are in a lose/lose

they do show up after to the fact to collect the pieces for the most part.
when call is made about something and the cops come to check out of course they are harassing people or profiling people or violating their rights.

gimmie a break.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join