It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Vote To Defund Acorn For The 12th Time...Why?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Tears Of Sisyphus: Republicans Resurrect ACORN, Only To Murder It. Again.

WASHINGTON -- Great empires rise and fall, rise again. Byzantium survives in splendor as Rome collapses before the barbarian hordes.

So it has been with ACORN. So it shall be.

Fear not, America. House Republicans have resumed their war on the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, an anti-poverty nonprofit staffed by low-income people, a scant 4 1/2 years after the organization officially folded.

Truth be told, there are no signs of a resurgent ACORN. There have been no attempted coups at other nonprofits, no banners bearing the seal of the mighty oak's seed raised above the ramparts of the Department of Housing and Urban Development. By all accounts, the organization that shattered in the spring of 2010 remains in pieces.

And yet.

On Tuesday, House negotiators unveiled a bill to fend off a looming government shutdown that included the following ominous provision:

"None of the funds made available under this or any other Act, or any prior Appropriations Act, may be provided to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, allied organizations, or successors."

A mere four months ago, it appeared that the long Republican crusade against ACORN was at an end. None of the piecemeal House appropriations bills funding various parts of the government had included anti-ACORN language. The GOP, it seemed, was finally laying down arms against the phantom menace.

But the so-called cromnibus proves Republicans have not lost their resolve.

At this point in history, educated persons of all backgrounds are familiar with the saga of ACORN and the House GOP. But it is a good story, one that bears repeating.

Congress cut off federal funding for ACORN in late 2009, after a selectively edited video from conservative provocateur James O'Keefe appeared to show its employees aiding tax-dodging schemes for prostitution. Subsequent government investigations cleared ACORN of wrongdoing, but the PR blow proved fatal, and the organization closed in the spring of 2010.

The mere demise of ACORN, of course, didn't end the Republican assault. The House GOP over and over blocked federal funding to ACORN in appropriations bills, ultimately voting more than a dozen times to prevent the non-existent entity from receiving taxpayer money.
www.huffingtonpost.com...#

Look this is among the reasons I can't do Republican,I mean stupidity is bipartisan but Republican leadership have a greater piece of that pie,do they not have more important sh!!t to do than voting over a non existent organization,it Is DEAD !! it died more than one election cycle ago.Let it go let it gooo!!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just pandering to their base. Keep them distracted from the CIA torture report.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This article is misleading and so is your post. If they don't defund it then money disappears into a defunct organization. Good luck getting that money back after the check is written. Until the bill that created funding for ACORN (and other organizations) is repealed the money has to be shut down by this vote.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This article is misleading and so is your post. If they don't defund it then money disappears into a defunct organization. Good luck getting that money back after the check is written. Until the bill that created funding for ACORN (and other organizations) is repealed the money has to be shut down by this vote.

What money?? It's been defunded there is no money earmarked for Acorn period!

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Okay I see you don't understand how this works. Every time money is about to be sent out to ACORN like organizations it has to be defunded. You are assuming that ACORN is defunded in perpetuity which won't be the case until the original funding bill expires. Inefficient? Yes, but completely necessary as a procedural vote.

You and your article failed to understand or print the facts which was done in error or more likely on purpose to mislead people for political posturing purposes. I hope you now understand my issue with your post.
edit on 2014/12/11 by Metallicus because: fixed autocorrect correction

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hoax bin

An article that is just Dems crying they can't get their hands on more taxpayer money to commit voter fraud. They were counting on that to fuel all the busses crossing State lines for multiple voting, now what are they gonna do hahaha.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Okay I see you don't understand how this works. Every time money is about to be sent out to ACORN like organizations it has to be defunded. You are assuming that ACORN is defunded in perpetuity which won't be the case until the original funding bill expires. Inefficient? Yes, but completely necessary as a procedural vote.

You and your article failed to understand or print the facts which was done in error or more likely on purpose to mislead people for political posturing purposes. I hope you now understand my issue with your post.

Okay I kinda get your point for Acorn like organizations,but Acorn is dead there is no one home.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Republicains think that wasting peoples tax dollars to pander for there vote base is an effective way to run the country. Oh and gotta love the personal attacks by people defending these actions.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Don't count on it. If the check comes, someone will be sure to spend it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

An article that is just Dems crying they can't get their hands on more taxpayer money to commit voter fraud.

Prove this voter fraud if anyone is committing voter fraud it's the GOP not ACORN. The video by O'Keefe was proven to be nothing but a lie and the GOP is relying on the ignorance of the public to believe it was the truth that is what they are basing everything on.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: TinfoilTP

An article that is just Dems crying they can't get their hands on more taxpayer money to commit voter fraud.

Prove this voter fraud if anyone is committing voter fraud it's the GOP not ACORN. The video by O'Keefe was proven to be nothing but a lie and the GOP is relying on the ignorance of the public to believe it was the truth that is what they are basing everything on.

Actually, there is some voter fraud going on.

The O'Keefe video which you mentioned proves it.
He, himself, committed voter fraud and tried to entice others to help him.

It is right there on his own video! PROOF!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Ahhhhhhh, because the tax payer shouldn't be funding them in the first place.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Okay I kinda get your point for Acorn like organizations,but Acorn is dead there is no one home.

Googles:

" acorn new names "

" acorn criminal convictions "

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Googles:

" acorn new names "

I did aaand Breitbart??? am supposed to listen to Breitbart the same phony rag that blatantly lied about Arcon by omission??,look Republicans got their turn at bat cut whatever do whatever the pendulum swings both ways...but Acorn is a waste of time.. let it go let go!!.hack away at school lunches for I care but stop bsing and wasting tax dollars on sh%t that's non existent, do we need a vote to against not funding al-Qaeda every year.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Look this is among the reasons I can't do Republican,I mean stupidity is bipartisan but Republican leadership have a greater piece of that pie,do they not have more important sh!!t to do than voting over a non existent organization,it Is DEAD !! it died more than one election cycle ago.Let it go let it gooo!!

Anything to make the Democrats look bad, even if they have to beat a dead horse to do it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Googles:

" acorn new names "

I did aaand Breitbart??? am supposed to listen to Breitbart the same phony rag that blatantly lied about Arcon by omission??,look Republicans got their turn at bat cut whatever do whatever the pendulum swings both ways...but Acorn is a waste of time.. let it go let go!!.hack away at school lunches for I care but stop bsing and wasting tax dollars on sh%t that's non existent, do we need a vote to against not funding al-Qaeda every year.

Breitbart came up with thousands of links?

CUT !!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's the actual "Bill".

It's actually an amendment to a Senate amendment to House Bill H.R. 83.

I think the original H.R. 83 is from January 2013.

Amendments to Amendments

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

in GOPWORLD there still is....they want to make damn sure no more government money goes to poor people, at the exact time that more poor people are being created by the very laws that the GOP lawmakers enact.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ahhhh, the Dems have been in charge for some time now. Seems that the laws created over the last couple of years have hurt the most.

Your Dem/Progressive backing really is about as much BS as anyone can handle.

You truly think that the Dems care for the poor??? Guess that is why the wealthiest of those in politics are Dems. Hmm, go figure.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

You truly think that the Dems care for the poor??? Guess that is why the wealthiest of those in politics are Dems. Hmm, go figure.

That is the only way they stay in power.

Poor voters. Hell if they actually lifted people out of poverty their 'base' would be non existent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join