It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 yeah takes a lot to wake me up during the night, but last night was pretty crazy

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
does this mean that if the aged queen slips and fall while walking ahead of me I shouldn't reach out and try to catch her so she doesn't break her hip???

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: Ameilia

This isnt the UK, they aren't royal here. Just people. When in the USA their rules don't apply.

That's why Obama wasn't invited to The Royal Wedding a couple of years ago.

You just can't have Yanks at High Society Functions.

I think that was for all non Royals the Frenchies didn't get ther invite either, I guess they still have a grudge about beheading their royals or us giving them the finger back in the day, but ooh well some traditions are ever so quint

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85
and haven't heard a dicky bird...

For my own edification, what, exactly, does a dicky bird sound like?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

According to history, America waited until they were sure that the Brits would be able to pay for all the ammo and tanks befor joining in?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

and haven't heard a dicky bird...

For my own edification, what, exactly, does a dicky bird sound like?

Dickey Bird.....

On topic....isn't this type of thing exactly why Diana was so loved....she did not follow the same stuffy traditions as the other royals?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Dickey Bird.....

Cool, I like the Big Band Era sound...

On topic....isn't this type of thing exactly why Diana was so loved....she did not follow the same stuffy traditions as the other royals?

Well, in that case maybe someone can set up a take-a-ticket in front of Kate for free gropes.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought you were serious for a second. Ha ha
Thanks for the laugh funny guy

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I personally wish that anything having to do with "Royal Protocol" would burn in hell & soon.

The people lining up to cheer cry wave & piss themselves at sight of the Royal family are worse than the people lining up to cheer cry wave & piss themselves at the sight of Lebron or [insert celebrity name].

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
a reply to: IamAbeliever

According to history, America waited until they were sure that the Brits would be able to pay for all the ammo and tanks befor joining in?
Not to worry...most Americans have never figured out that they lost the War of 1812.

But as to touching Royals? Manners and custom is one thing...but relevance in the 21'st century is quite another. Unless they want to be regarded as museum pieces, they ought to drop this pretense.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I thought you were serious for a second. Ha ha
Thanks for the laugh funny guy

This whole thread is a giant goof. Glad I could make you laugh.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

It's custom in the UK to not touch royals. Michelle Obama caused a scandal when Obama was first elected because she touched Queen Elizabeth. Just because we don't do it that way in the USA doesn't mean their customs and rules shouldn't be respected. If you ever find yourself around a royal: no touch. It's very rude.

Michelle Obama only put her arm around the Queen after the Queen did it first.

"Harmless gesture? Michelle Obama with her hand on the Queen's back as they met at Buckingham Palace
She is not renowned for public displays of affection. Which made the Queen's decision to put a friendly arm around Michelle Obama's waist at a Buckingham Palace G20 reception - prompting the U.S. President's wife to return the gesture - so utterly astonishing.
Finding herself next to Mrs Obama, the Queen remarked on their height difference. As she did so, her hand edged towards the small of Mrs Obama's back. Mrs Obama responded - and even rubbed the Queen's shoulder - before both women moved gently apart after about ten seconds.
The sight of the Queen publicly hugging another woman astonished other guests. An onlooker said: 'It was a pretty simultaneous gesture. We couldn't believe what we were seeing.' "

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
American savages!
You can dress them up but you can't take them out to dinner.
Damn shame too, we used to know how to act in this country.
Best the royals go home before someone does something really drastic like feeling up the royal fetus.
"Lordly bump you have Lady Kate, I think it will be a prince"

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I assumed your question was a joke which made me laugh but the answer is nothing. That's why people say 'Well I didn't hear a dicky bird, about it.' It's just something I've used and heard people use around my area (London UK). Its kind of like saying 'Wow I've not seen you in donkey years' or 'Yeah she'll drive that car once in a blue moon'.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I assumed your question was a joke which made me laugh but the answer is nothing.

Well, I was sort of joking, but also curious. I have never heard that expression.

Thanks for the answer and glad I made you laugh.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm outraged!

Why didn't that woman show proper respect to the king!?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Who is he? does he play male netball?.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The article said king james. I demand respect for the man who has achieved royalty because he is really good at a sport.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do they wear those little skirts like they do over here when playing?....or do they wear body armor like that funny game of rugby you all play?.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
does this mean that if the aged queen slips and fall while walking ahead of me I shouldn't reach out and try to catch her so she doesn't break her hip???

She has people to do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join