It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Teleportation Reaches Farthest Distance Yet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think this is pretty cool. Scientists have teleported Quantum particles a distance of 15.5 miles. This is a major feat considering the former recordfor distance was a few meters. It's important too note that this teleportation was just information; not matter. So, people can't teleport just yet.

In a recent experiment, the quantum state (the direction it was spinning) of a light particle instantly traveled 15.5 miles (25 kilometers) across an optical fiber, becoming the farthest successful quantum teleportation feat yet. Advances in quantum teleportation could lead to better Internet and communication security, and get scientists closer to developing quantum computers.

So, what does ATS think?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I really wish i understood enough of this to actually give an opinion of value, but sadly i have to just go with
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

not that i mind, it makes me look at our accomplishments with a childlike wonder.
who knows what the future will be like, i just hope i get to see as much of it as possible

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I think this is pretty cool. Scientists have teleported Quantum particles spin states a distance of 15.5 miles.

Ah. Well. You know the old saw about the military being ahead of the civilian world in some areas?

Rumor has it that the latest DSP satellites use non-interceptable quantum state based sidelinks between the satellites in the constellation.

Probably just a rumor.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

First dude that comes up with a working Ansible wont have to worry about distance i imagine. Great to see their making progress in the field of quantum teleportation all the same as the real world applications this type of technology taken to its logical conclusion could offer Humanity are staggering to say the least. And to be honest probably cannot even be realized yet.
edit on 10-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This isn't particle teleportation... it's is entanglement.

With robust quantum teleportation data transmission would be instantaneous and secure.

Korg.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

This is also very true but Its what we can achieve thus far, certainly a step in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Not quite this then yet:

I wonder if we will ever reach this potential. It is a crazy idea.

We'll just have to watch with eager eyes to see what the limits and laws are in Quantum Technology.

See ya later...Energize

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

Not quite this then yet:

We'll just have to watch with eager eyes to see what the limits and laws are in Quantum Technology.

See ya later...Energize

Not quite there, yet. Maybe 50 yrs?
edit on 10-12-2014 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes it is might be early days for Quantum Technology. At the beginning of yet another great adventure. I think it could mean yet another revolution that would make the digital revolution pale in significance.

Teleportation, replicators, etc may even one day be in our grasp. Building and manipulating the very building blocks of matter is already happening. It does remind me very much of the early days of computing.

Thanks for reporting on this latest "leap" in teleportation.

edit on 10-12-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That's cool.

The thing about moving matter, is that it won't be 'teleportation'.

If you look at Star Trek for example, the whole beam me up thing, isn't a teleporter, it's a molecular transport device.

It breaks you down molecule by molecule and then rebuilds you somewhere else. Which is strange in itself as it leaves the door open for questions like " Are you actually the same person" once you re-materialize.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is flawed science.

It does not 'teleport'. It is still connected within the system which created and measured it. It just happens at multiples of the speed of light; so they mistakenly believe it to be instantaneous. They have PROVEN THIS! But all the data seems to have mysteriously disappeared offline. Guess they don't want holes poked in their fragile science.

Split a photon; disconnect the system into two. Then send them a distance apart and try transmitting a qbit.

Watch it fail.
edit on 753-0600-0600K-0600DecemberCST11-0600CST by BOOKOFTHOTH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

From the OP's source;

"Quantum entanglement happens when two subatomic particles stay connected no matter how far apart they are. When one particle is disturbed, it instantly affects the entangled partner. It's impossible to tell the state of either particle until one is directly measured, but measuring one particle instantly determines the state of its partner."

How strange that this should be so. It is a mind boggling discovery. There is a secret being cracked here. The consequences of this discovery of entanglement is for me the most important discovery in modern physics. I am a complete novice, but very interested.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Ah yes, quantum entanglement.

There's a theory out there, that there exists, a series of particles, that are an exact replica of each other.

Basically called Superluminal communication, it could allow for faster than light transmission of information over vast distances, such as star systems or galaxies.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's pretty cool read.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thank you. I will read that for sure.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Its not faster than light per-say considering there is no velocity involved. Possibly our research into exotic matter may lead to the ability to create a true Ansible, combined with a simple form of the Boolean system one can only imagine the possibilities.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You avoid all those if you can yourself become animated particles or rather embue yourself into a particle that would respond similarly to how these *teleporting* Quantum particles.

If we are no longer flesh and blood, then messing around with this technology to actually teleport short distances is possible.

Without the fear of losing yourself once you reach the otherside. There's no need to make a copy. As it would technically be your consiousness traveling rather than flicking on a cloning device.

As far as i understand how the methods in these particular experiments are done.

The Actual particles themselves are not moving, But rather it is the information or the specific frequencies on either end of the particles that respond. When you change one particle, the other tuned particle changes.

They are taking advantage of what they describe as spooky action. Which to my understand is almost like forming a molecule at a distance or rather using the same type of principals that develope a molecule. Resonate frequencies can travel very far and in a short time by carrying the wave length particle to particle through the actions of entropy and channeling energy. Much like how metal is easily channeled without require much advanced technology as we can see the effects ocure from natural substances reacting here on Earth. Where as it is possible to use specific harmonizing tunes to have similar effects. It's like using a specific particle for something a little faster than radio transmission.

This kind of technology would beable to probably eliminate the need of wifi and upgrade it to specific particle frequencies that will be much clearer, because we can tune out other frequencies for an *artificial* one.

They will beable to do away with the optical cable all together. But the experiment specified here is to first upgrade the
internet im guessing.

But the elimination of Wi-fi will soon come after we learn more about particle harmonization.

There are many particles out there that have a unique and stronge resonance that we could use to *entangle* Each other in their magnetic polarities even at vast distances. As long as the frequency is unique, it will only connect to the closest resonating particle.

And if you make that frequency exotic. Well hot damn, they become entangled. A conciquence of changing frequency can also change how the object appears to be spinning.

Since sub-atomic particles in atoms move to fast for us to see. By changing the speed it also changes the frequency. When you change the speed it can make particles or rather fan blades appear to be spinning in the other direction. By tweaking with the frequency, you can make the osscilation irregular to what we would consider normal, such as observations of a particle spinning the other direction.

One only needs to look at a fan blade spinning at different speeds to know what im talking about. Even on a tiny scale, Light or any such particle does go through or bounce off atoms. Sub atomic particles are made of tinier fragments called axioms so i guess strey axioms could do the same thing. Not sure what technical term is ? Exo-axioms?

Anyways, The particles are physically moving in this experiment from one place to another. They are just utilizing the frequencies of the particles to act like radiowaves sending a signal to a reciever using a channel with little to no static allow the information to travel very quickly and giving a strong solid signal.

But there is no rapid movement of particles from one location to another. Because in this experiment it's mostly dealing with colliding. Tho the applications of the knowledge gained from this experiment can be used in other applications such as the ones i am mentioning.

Its kinda like this. uhh best way to explain. The cable is like a glass table, the particles are like 2 magnets on either side of the table. Holding each other together. When you move one magnet, the other moves with it as well.

Obviously what they are doing is a lot more complicated but its along the same lines.

Oh yeah and they are begining to harness the power of crystals. We have only been using quartz for a little while now well there are many different types of crystals that can be found or synthesized to create better super conductors to allow these quantum computers to operate.

Now if i understand this correctly, they are using a specific photon for this. So if they managed to turn this into a utilizable method of communication. It might also not only change the way our computers are use. But if im reading this correctly such research should lead to electricity=photonricity. Not sure if that's a word yet lol but it might lead to laser powered electronics. Well, not sure if we would call them electronics either since they wouldn't be run using electrons.

The power that would be unleashed and demanded from such devices tho.... The days of our current batteries and rocket cells would be over lol.

edit on 10-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

That guy in the middle. That's Dr Mark Gruneisen, AFRL. That's one smart guy. The stuff he publishes can sometimes be...all hinty and truthified.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: lostbook
I think this is pretty cool. Scientists have teleported Quantum particles spin states a distance of 15.5 miles.

Ah. Well. You know the old saw about the military being ahead of the civilian world in some areas?

Rumor has it that the latest DSP satellites use non-interceptable quantum state based sidelinks between the satellites in the constellation.

Probably just a rumor.

Even if it is just a rumor, that's still way cool.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Its all energy really(or states of such) simply inhibited or en enabled by vibration, such is our reality.
who knows really considering our existence is at the arse end of a vast explosion we call our universe.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

Not quite this then yet:

See ya later...Energize

The trek version of teleportation is incredibly improbable needlessly complex and highly destructive. It involved things like death ofthe original article; enough computer power to record every bit of data of every atom down to the quantum level, ultra precision control of energy and matter beams over a distance of up to 60K kilometers, adjusting this feat to compensate for several types of hidden motions such as solar precession, galactic precession and universal motions such as expansion, ability to reassemble atoms of inert matter into a living biological pattern with the detail so fine a complete living personae is reconstructed on the other end. all extremely unlikely.

The more rational approach to teleportation is using shortcuts in space such as wormholes where no destruction, replication and fine control of megatrillions of atoms into biological entities and minds. with wormholes and similar constructs the whole problem is control of only two entities with all those hidden variables of motion. verses mega trillions plus energy states.

McCoy was right.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join