It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most infuriating details of the torture report that people are posting to Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Distract, divide and conquer. I open up news sites and it's celebrities. I hear people talking on the streets it's Cam Newton (some football player?), or Kim Kardashian. Really, anything but admitting we've been had, anything but admit it's worth uniting for even a little while to gain back our rights...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nothing to see here- move along: www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Some of the stuff i just read was absolutely discusting...

I do not even know what to say. I just do not get how the people who made this all happen still walk the earth living the good life, boggles the mind.

And the people are all out there protesting the wrong things..

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So when does the CIA get gutted/over-hauled?

How can this rogue agency be allowed to remain operational in it's current form?

Oh wait, we'll all lose interest when the next sports fugure scandal pops up or a celebrity sex tape or a natural disaster.

Whatever happens, pay no mind to the man behind the curtain, he's just a rogue agent.

Never, I mean we didn't kick James Clapper out when he said he told the least untruthful lie.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

That's what they want them to do. Keep them divided. It secures power. Everytime someone holds their hands up, or makes a mess of their town, it's one less calorie expended securing freedom for every person.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: Dimithae
The difference is, the Nazis lost... victors dont get prosecuted :/

a reply to: abe froman
An eye for an eye means we're no better than him. It means we are what we're fighting against

Bullspit. Just because something sounds good on a greeting card doesn't make it true.

What we are fighting against are those that would kill us and rape our wives and daughters while laughing, the sad truth that people don't want to believe is that some aren't redeemable.

Some people deserve to die.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Why isn't the public horrified over what they're doing over in the ME? Kind of hard to speak the truth when you get accused of being bigoted or American-centric

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: Dimithae
The difference is, the Nazis lost... victors dont get prosecuted :/

An eye for an eye means we're no better than him. It means we are what we're fighting against

Bullspit. Just because something sounds good on a greeting card doesn't make it true.

What we are fighting against are those that would kill us and rape our wives and daughters while laughing, the sad truth that people don't want to believe is that some aren't redeemable.

Some people deserve to die.

Really Abe? No offense intended, but your posts are usually smarter than this.

Surely you can't be saying that all of what's been done to these people (many of whom we know are completely innocent and have been vacuumed up in mass sweeps, with shoddy intel, on misinformation from 'rival' parties etc) was done because they were going to come and 'rape our wives and daughters while laughing', just because... just because they're young, male and Muslim... that's the only reason they want to go to the USA and commit these atrocious acts against innocent Americans??

You don' think it may have something to do with America Foreign Policy in their homelands? US bombs killing entire villages of innocent wives and daughters for no justifiable reason? Occupying forces terrorising them and their homes on a nightly basis basis for no other reason than some informant told the soldiers an anti-US protester might be living there and on and on it goes... and what or hw would you retaliate against this aggression or defend those you l've and hold dear against continual and brutal oppression of their homes, villages and country?

Even hardened CIA Vets from 15 or 20 years ago, all say that the 'blow back' the US are getting and will get from their myopic, ignorant, arrogant and often times 'illegal' follies they carry out around the planet with impunity, against those unfortunate enough to be in their gun-sights this week/month etc and with no way to remotely fight back or defend themselves effectively, is the sole reason for the US being the sights of the Jihadists and other just as 'unspooled' Islamic recruits. This latest 'revelation' showing that the US administration is no better than any of the tin=pot dictators and despots they're so quick to vilify, denounce, depose etc for their brutality and inhuman actions in these modern times... in fact, often times they're worse, because they've convinced themselves they're on the side of 'good', 'democracy' and 'freedom' so they can do and act as they see fit and 'be damned' those who question or criticise, because guess what?? They're obviously 'terrorists' too... and you know what we do with them don't you!!??

You need to hold you government and those who bring it and your flag into disrepute, to account... and sooner, rather than later because you're fast running out of friends and allies willing to sit back and ignore the bleeding obvious of what's been being committed in the name of America and all it used to stand for.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I'm weeping for this poor guy that ran terrorist training camps and plotted the deaths of thousands of innocent people. This guy has a death sentence on his head in Jordan already. He enjoyed his position and power when he was a terrorist leader now it's time to pay the piper.
Torture and rape were this man's friends and allies for decades and karma's a bitch.

How about the times the victims were innocent, mistaken identity, or the times they tortured are very own informants?
You shouldn't carry such a simplistic view.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Here is a quote from Cheney on the report and why they need to go before a UN tribunal....

" Cheney said. "I think we were perfectly justified in doing it. And I'd do it again in a minute."

From CNN www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

You can't make am omelette without breaking a few eggs. Our informants are generally just the members of the same terrorist organizations trying to make a buck on the side and are just as guilty as the brothers they are betraying, I'm not losing any sleep over their "plea bargains" being forgotten. These are brutal violent animals. How about I work on my "simplistic view" and you work on your childish naivete?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You can't make am omelette without breaking a few eggs. Our informants are generally just the members of the same terrorist organizations trying to make a buck on the side and are just as guilty as the brothers they are betraying, I'm not losing any sleep over their "plea bargains" being forgotten. These are brutal violent animals. How about I work on my "simplistic view" and you work on your childish naivete?

Everybody is expendable to you, as long as it's not one of yours.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
And they are fighting against those who bomb their wives, and rape and kill their chidren

Regardless, torture is wrong no matter how much you believe someone deserves it. It doesnt undo a person's crime. All it does is destroy your humanity. Well, yours is gone already.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Totally agree. All of this is calculated

Win win for 'them'

Lose lose for 'US'

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

The UN is calling for the names of the interrogators for prosecution. I have a much better idea,why doesn't the UN DEMAND that Bush and all the elites that okayed this be brought before a UN trial and be prosecuted? You all did it with Hitler and his henchmen,and ALL the Nazi's you could get your hands on. So it should be no different for this. They are saying that they are releasing this so it never happens again. Bull#,the only way that it will never happen again is if these people that all okayed this are brought to trial. Then the USA would know beyond a shadow of a doubt,that they too are subjected to the rules they signed with the UN. That these rules don't just apply to other countries that have fallen into disfavor with us,but to us as well.

HANG 'EM HIGH

Get real...Back in the 60s during Viet Nam they pushed Viet Cong out of helicopters at a thousand feet to encourage the next one in line to speak up...This was under Kennedy and Johnson...Been going on forever...Why don't you bother to read the reports that claim thousands of lives were saved because of these tactics???

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

What lives? They have already looked at it and said the information they got from the torture was dubious. That very little of it had any value. It was torture for the sake of torture. When you lower yourself to being worse than your enemy,you are now the enemy. Right now I am reading about pretty much all the countries are coming out and condemning us for what we have done. And reading between the lines, I can't help but feel that some country was behind this pushing the white house to reveal the info or they were going to . Therefore the government sanitized it and released themselves to try to do damage control as best they could. While reading it,you have to wonder,if they are admitting to this much,what AREN'T they saying? Torture has been shown to NOT work. By the time you break someone's will, they will say ANYTHING to end the torture,they will lie,make up things whatever it takes to get you to stop. Nothing someone says can be trusted when done under torture. I find it hard to believe that anyone can get behind this method which makes us no better than Joseph Mengles because they wish to believe it saves lives. For those that profess religion, yeah Jesus never talked about torturing people. There is no footing to stand on this issue. It only brings out the extreme cruelty of man to his own kind.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

AND he authorized YOU ALL for experimentation.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi, long time lurker first time poster.. I felt compelled to join so it was possible for me to participate in this discussion. I have to say after reading the tweets that American general public have made, and after reading some of the posts on this thread, it infuriates me that people wrapped up at home in their warm blankets sitting on their couch even have an opinion on this!! The men who were subjected to this torture have taken part in huge atrocities against western society all simply because its their interpretation of their holy book.. they are men cut from the same cloth as those we see on liveleak clips etc beheading innocent journalists and aid workers.. leaving IEDs in the streets for women and children in their own countries to be hurt and mamed by.... and you have a problem with trained operatives using a heavy hand to gain vital intel that could perhaps save lives!! Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot.. They have no regulatory committee to report on them they have a no holds barred mentality and I GUARANTEE you all of them wouldve been involved in the equal mistreatment of other human beings under their authority... and you take issue with your own govt dealing out some tough justice.. call me ignorant call me whatever you like but these men got exactly as they deserved and I truly hope the operatives that facilitated this torture arent charged. . They did what they did to keep your soldiers and civillians safe!!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

We need patience, dialogue, compassion, understanding, and love,.... not more war or torture. Nothing else to say.

Tell that to the Yazidis in Iraq in regards to ISIS, see how that goes over. I'm terribly sorry to tell you that there are people out there who don't believe any of that. You think all the world is all puppy dogs and unicorns, it's not.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: diggity

Nail on the head, glad you signed up.
I don't hear very many veterans spewing this nonsense. A few,sure, but there's a Bergdahl in every bunch...

As to the poster who said "everyone is expendable to you instead of you and yours", you're damn right and I weep for the family of the mewling, apologist, whiner who puts the aid and comfort of their sworn enemy above his family.

I am so happy for those that can sit in ignorant bliss without ever having had a taste of true brutality and war, but perhaps you should show a little deference to the opinions of those of us that have.

To those of you with the "greeting card" mentality that we shouldn't fight our enemies in the same dirty fashion they fight us, because it will make us just as bad... Pacific_waters said it best, that's why i quote him in my tag line.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join