It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new YOUTUBE tab

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sorry.. just got out of surgery..
So I'm a wee bit stoned...
But I just noticed the bright red You Tube icon in the upper left..

That new? And what's it for?
Forgive me in advanced... drugs are bad! Unless you had surgery :-)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It makes more sense if you can see the left side-bar...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

They want to know who you are…

Why I stopped trolling YouTube, every time I want to comment on a video (Google) wants my email address.

They run dupe tube now. If you sign in from ATS then they have your email associated with your user name here, too. Don't connect the dots for them.

Edit: Someone clarify this for me…
edit on 9-12-2014 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

It makes more sense if you can see the left side-bar...

I'm on a tablet... as soon as I get a laptop..
It should make more sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Funny you say this..
I noticed lately more so that..
I don't even have to do a search on Google.

I was reading a thread here with no attachments .. and then went over to YT..
The next 50 suggestions were of what I read here..
Starting to get a little to personal...

So this YouTube works in conjunction with the NLBS forum?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
They run dupe tube now. If you sign in from ATS then they have your email associated with your user name here, too. Don't connect the dots for them.

I'll clarify. You're grossly mistaken.

There is no data communications from ATS to any third party. It's in the privacy policy, linked at the bottom of every ATS page.
edit on 9-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
That new? And what's it for?

It offers users to directly subscribe to the NLBS YouTube channel without leaving ATS.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The thing is that Google owns youtube so having filters thats block Google and all its spyware is curcumvented if a page contains images/ scr1pts/ vids that are hosted by Youtube because Youtube then takes over from Google as the main spyware server and will know each page that you view here on ATS

I've not looked but i don't mind a button i need to click connecting to youtube but I hope ATS hosts any Youtube images needed for buttons themselves.

When it comes to embeded vids then ATS cannot do much about it and YT will know you are viewing the page.

No one does something for nothing and YT earns its keep to offset the huge upload bandwidth by spying with the add advert making a little income and this is the buishness model they use.
edit on 9-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Youtube then takes over from Google as the main spyware server and will know each page that you view here on ATS

1) We used the minimal version of the YouTube subscribe box, it only checks to see if the user is logged into Google/YouTube, nothing more than that -- and all visible in YT/Google's privacy policies.

2) We use Google Analytics -- so what's your point?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I'll clarify. You're lying.

Steady on Boss! Perhaps you should understand the difference between "lying" and being "wrong".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'll clarify. You're lying.

I'm mistaken would have fit better…

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It was a pretty definitive statement. Making such a decisive declaration without facts, or seeking to obtain facts, isn't being mistaken, it's lying.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

...... or seeking to obtain facts......

er...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It was a pretty definitive statement. Making such a decisive declaration without facts, or seeking to obtain facts, isn't being mistaken, it's lying.

Thats why I asked for clarification…

I wasn't sure.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

2) We use Google Analytics -- so what's your point?

So many people block GA.JS that i use software to pump the numbers back up for page views

it's not easy since the 5000 lines of google Analytics spyware code has been written to make it just about impossible to read by a human and this code pulls anything it can to create a fingerprint that is then encoded and uploaded to Google along with a check-sum to make sure no one has tappered with the data.

ATS gets all the GA reports for free but as you know nothing is free and comes at the cost of members privacy.

You collect a lot of stats yourself already and i would recomend extending that myself and i could even help by giving you a table that will resolve just about any IP back to a country code, ASN and Whois name.

Closing one door and leaving the Youtube door open is not so easy but it is possible to scan YT vids to pull a fron picture and embed that in forum posts and then only connect to YT if the member presses a "play" button that ATS embeds in an I-Frame.

Do i want Google to know I clicked on a page that has *SNIP* in the title knowing that they sell the data and have the police knocking my door, no sir, i don't

edit on 12-11-2014 by Springer because: Don't announce your perversions here

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
it's not easy since the 5000 lines of google Analytics spyware code has been written to make it just about impossible to read by a human

It's not spyware.

And the reason it "looks" that way is because it's been "minified." This tool does it for you automatically. StackOverflow is always a good source to learn about this technique that's been in use for over six years.

ATS gets all the GA reports for free but as you know nothing is free and comes at the cost of members privacy.

A review of the Google privacy policies will clarify your misconceptions.

You collect a lot of stats yourself

We collect none.

a table that will resolve just about any IP back to a country code

We subscribe to GeoIP, which does exactly that, for the purpose of targeting specific ad networks to users from specific countries.

Closing one door and leaving the Youtube door open is not so easy but it is possible to scan YT vids to pull a fron picture and embed that in forum posts and then only connect to YT if the member presses a "play" button that ATS embeds in an I-Frame.

Not sure what you're getting at, but our YouTube embeds are already sandboxed in an iFrame. A simple "inspect element" would confirm that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I see where I misspoke but the edit window time limit has expired so I can't redact my post. Thanks for setting me straight.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's not spyware.

Then why does most spyware blockers block it and if it's not spyware then just what is ?

And the reason it "looks" that way is because it's been "minified." This tool does it for you automatically. StackOverflow is always a good source to learn about this technique that's been in use for over six years.

Thanks for the lesson but most developers would call it "anonymized" and goes past compression and they also like to use it over SSL when they can but this makes trouble if the page is mixed.

Have you ever looked at the code ? I don't think you have but it goes like this

var k=window
var q=k.document .............................
var t=q.location....................................
var h=t.href

it's done because using a simple var Href=window'document'location'href makes it too simple for developers to see what is going on and adds nothing to reducing download speed.

I Said "You collect a lot of stats yourself" and you say "We collect none"

Then what is this ATS Stats

Not sure what you're getting at, but our YouTube embeds are already sandboxed in an iFrame. A simple "inspect element" would confirm that.

div class="video-container" iframe width="550" height="344" "http://www.youtube.com/embed/6-t_SKe0qW4?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen //div

The I-Frame does not have the sandbox attribute and the URL of the page being viewed is sent to Youtube as part of the HTTP Referer string so they know the page i am viewing

Here is the HTTP head
GET /embed/95KTrtzOY-g?rel=0&autoplay=0 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.youtube.com
Connection: keep-alive
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/29.0.1600.1 Chrome/29.0.1600.1 Safari/537.36
Referer: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8
Cookie: VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=JW2qzaxfZ9o; YSC=7sSHl9-W9h8; PREF=f1=50000000&f5=30&fv=15.0.0; GEUP=fb60f144d208896cc8edc526efcbde09aRAAAAA=; ACTIVITY=1418170100107

edit on 9-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: had to edit because it contained HTML tags

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

We subscribe to GeoIP, which does exactly that, for the purpose of targeting specific ad networks to users from specific countries.

I would had thought you would had let the add-servers do that for you but good to see if you can omit a few steps on some adverts on parts of the site.

Having your own table that includes Geo aswell as Whois makes things much faster even just using it as XML file but take it from me who spent 3 months scanning data and no one has the data right because Whois data does not use a strict type let alone servers who act as gateways.

Some use "UN" or "EU" as the country code, some don't and its not like anyone will give you a snapshot when changes take months to propergate down the chain due to the size of the data which is unlike DNS that often about works in less than an hour even if they all quote 24 hours

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join