It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth Craziness...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bah! I'm supposed to believe all these "Scientists" and their "math" and "calculations"?

Besides, gravity is only a THEORY, so we can't be SURE if it exists or not!

(Okay, I think that's about all the sarcasm I have in me for now. I'm exhausted!)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Your joke would have been better if you said methane (Uranus the planet is mostly methane). I gave you a star anyways

edit on 9-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

originally posted by: intrptr
Earth can't be hollow. Its too big. Any hollow spot would be crushed out of existence by the heat and pressure.

How do you know? Have you ever witnessed what's inside? So you believe everything scientists say even though they themselves have never been there? I'm not saying the hollow earth is 100% real but we never know untill we investigate it.

Um, yeah actually we ARE sure. You do not have to actually travel inside of the Earth's crust to know the planet is not hollow.
edit on 9-12-2014 by jaffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yea, stupid math and science destroying all the fun.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I'm afraid I'm not a very spiritual person. Though, one could say I've done I've done an extensive amount of "soul searching".

That "soul searching" can only occur in you conscience, as it were. Some hold that is directly evident of a soul. Otherwise why would you care if you have harmed others, there no soul, right?

N0 "consequences"?

No soul, eh? This sounds like a place for Don "No Soul" Simmons!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Fixed it, lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hollow Earth - RationalWiki

The Hollow Earth theory is a pseudoscientific belief and conspiracy theory stating that the Earth is hollow. Theories include that the inhabitants of the "Inner Earth" walk around the inside feet-up,[1] or that a smaller sphere is inside the larger (sometimes it is stated this object works like a sun for the inner earth denizens), which is more in line with the theory of gravity, though not geology.

The conspiracy aspect supposedly relates to a large hole providing access to the underworld, which is located somewhere in the arctic or Antarctic regions,[2] and the attempts to keep it quiet made by the superpowers in conjunction with whatever the Grand Theory du jour is, be it reptilians, Tibetan masters, Atlanteans and/or aliens. That there are undisclosed entrances to these "inner worlds" extends also to the moon, with one video purporting that you can see it on Google Earth,[3] though it should be noted that this is very clearly just a graphics glitch caused by stitching multiple low-resolution and high-contrast images together in combination with the usual seam errors produced at the poles when using spherical UV mapping. These theories are also associated with apocryphal stories of apparently bottomless holes in various locations, such as Mel's Hole in Washington, USA.

It's not clear what supports the surface of the Earth according to the Hollow Earth Theory, since the surface of the earth we can see would most likely collapse under the force of gravity without a substrate (the mantle and inner core are solid, the outer core is liquid, and both states are highly resistant to compression). Nor is it clear what keeps the denizens from floating away from the inner surface.

Centrifugal force? The Earth spins, right? Could this also account for the equatorial bulge and the 'flatness' at the poles? A spinning hollow sphere will behave this way, will it not?

I'm no scientist, just curious.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
NASA PROVES HOLLOW EARTH THEORY... PROOF EVIDENCE EARTH IS HOLLOW

not my title

from the description--

This simple experiment makes a great argument for hollow Earth theory. The hollow Earth is not possible in today's understanding of physical so called laws. Physics today requires gravity to be the main force. In the the electromagnetic universe theory electromagnetism is the main force in the universe. So in this model the centrifugal forces separate the earth through densities giving a hollow core. However, the other portion of the Earth and it's atmosphere would be mainly influence by electrostatic attraction and pulling in matter from outer space, thus explaining our atmosphere being lighter in mass, yet still existing in the outer sphere of the planet. Please see my playlist "The Science Delusion" to begin to understand not only how we do live in an electric universe but how our sciences have been led astray in the other fields.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Yea, I posted info about earth not being a sphere on the previous page. And while a hollow earth would also have a bulge, the centripetal force isn't great enough to overcome the force of gravity on the planet pulling it together. The earth would have to spin MUCH faster for those two forces to overcome each other. And if that was the case, we wouldn't be here.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Would one be weightless in the center of the earth?

If matter means gravity that attracts matter, when pulled in all directions, would that be the same as none at all?

EDIT: whoops, forgot to say that. i think it would mean feeling like zero G, but if you got too close to the edge would you then be walking around on the inner crust ? weird.
edit on b47471115 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Of course the Earth is hollow. That's where us Masons keep our treasure.

Don't tell anyone though...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1 If the earth is hollow, where does all the magma come from?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
youtu.be... , This is what may be what we live on, mud and rocks mixed up in a big ball of water spinning in space. Anyone who has claimed to have been to the hollow earth is ridiculed, but scientist and geologist, who are speculating, and theorizing, should be believed.
edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: nuff said

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chopperswolf

You forgot what was below all that dirt, rock, and water.

Magma. And lot of it.

Oh and let's not forget our wonderful Magnetic Field, which is generated by a liquid IRON core. If there were any need for proof of a solid earth, it's the magnetic field we all enjoy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how much of the fictional realms created by sci fi/fantasy writers ends up morphing into weird cult like systems?
The growth of the internet has been a great way to see how these things happen...from Real Jedi believers,abductees to Hollow Earthers,Hubbard botherers...The list goes on.

You can sort of see how ancient tales did the same kind of thing.

Make up a good story-and eventually some folks will believe its real,and it will become an almost sacred truth to them,no evidence required.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."
-Joseph Goebbels

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What happens to superheated iron? at what point does iron become non magnetic? point of decalescence? large chunks of rock rubbing together at high velocity would probably be enough to liquify some of the rock, that would be magma, i think. couldn't magma be made in the outer layers if the core were hollow?a reply to: ScientificRailgun

edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: more questions

edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: edited for clarity, crust wasn,t the right word.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You know what happens when rock rubs against other rock quickly? There's an actual term for that.

Earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Magma, as liquid, preferentially forms in high temperature, low pressure environments within several kilometers of the Earth's surface." quoted from Wikipedia, so, thats where we live, the earths surface, and several kilometers, which is pretty close to the surface relatively, thats also where these big rocks that rub and make earthquakes are at also, right? so, whats under that? wasn't there just a discovery of a giant underground ocean, or absu, that scientist just discovered recently, where did that come from, and how could it exist around and so close to that huge ball of molten magnetic iron without just turning to steam, or cooling the core to a solid? I have never seen volcanic activity on the scale that amount of steam would produce heating that much water to steam constantly. a reply to: ScientificRailgun

edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: confusion

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Because magma is formed in the mantle, NOT the crust. The crust doesn't get hot enough to form magma.

Liquid Rocks - How Magma Is Formed

1 There are three states of matter commonly found on earth: solid, liquid, and gas. When something changes from the solid state to the liquid state, we say it has melted. Ice melts. Chocolate melts. But did you know that rocks can melt, too?

2 Hot, molten rock is called magma. Magma is a mixture of liquid rock, minerals, and dissolved gases. It is formed by the melting of earth's mantle. Magma is found deep below the surface of the earth. If you hold a chocolate bar in your hand, it will melt. But have you ever melted a rock? What causes hard, solid rock to melt?

3 Magma forms when rocks reach temperatures high enough to melt them. Most rocks begin to melt at a temperature between 800 and 1200 degrees Celsius. We rarely find temperatures that hot at earth's surface. (During a hot summer day, the air temperature is about 35 degrees Celsius.) But remember, temperature increases the farther you go below the surface.

4 Temperatures like these are found at the base of the lithosphere. This is the solid, outermost layer of the earth. It includes the crust and the upper mantle. Just below the lithosphere is the asthenosphere. This layer is partly molten rock. Temperatures here are also very hot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join