It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need new metal music suggestions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Alrighty. I am somewhat picky with my music. But generally people who enjoy metal are as well. So you will understand! I am dying over here. I have been listening to the same music for about the past 10 years. I don't really like any of the newer albums my favorites have put out, so I'm in a weird funk. I need some suggestions. I like more melodic metal with more singing than screaming.
My favorites over the years have been A Perfect Circle, Tool, Trivium (their first and album before last, the other ones have been terrible) Ill Nino (all but their last two albums I can listen to all the way through and love) Some of Soilwork's stuff, Diecast, Killswitch Engage, As I lay Dying, etc.
Help a girl out! Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I always spend some time at the links below to find out what is going on. There have never been more metal bands and metal genres than today. It takes a while to sniff out something I like.

www.metalkingdom.net...

www.metalcrypt.com...

www.metal-temple.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Parkway drive, lamb of god, motionless in white, we as human, bring me the horizon, asking alexandria

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
... weird funk ....

soundcloud.com/bobby-c-sound-tv/home-schooled-1#t=1:30

But seriously, there's plenty of everything , including metal, on SoundCloud ... soundcloud.com/search?q=heavy+metal+groups
edit on DecemberMon, 08 Dec 2014 21:41:36 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Pantera cowboys from hell best and most classic album ever. I've always hated them, but lately albums hail to the king and nightmare. Kind of growing on me

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
As a drummer and fan of metal, trust when i say, i feel your pain! Im a music lovers music lover...all styles, but metal gets my goat. Up until a few years ago, i considered myself a die hard Slipknot fan...nowadays, EEh. No Joey. All $$$ now....u want a raw band hardly anyone knows about? I stumbled onto these guys earlier this year, its screamy, but AUSSIE screamy. Theyre punk-grind-metal-thrash, ALL IN ONE.....KING PARROT. After attending a show in Omaha, Ne. this summer I was SOLD!!! Also found out its Phil Anselmo's (Pantera/Down/Superjoint Ritual) favorite new band. Probly why theyre on tour with Down, Orange Goblin etc!!!! Check em out!! THEY ROCK!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Mastodon.
In this moment.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Melodic ... Metal ...

Iron Maiden - Dance of Death + Brave New World albums
Metallica - Master of Puppets + ...and Justice for All albums
Judas Priest - Painkiller

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
In Flames.

Don't try to dissect the lyrics,though.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've been listening to a lot of Dark Funeral and Old Man's Child, both are awesome. Death Mask by Lord Mantis and Conjuring the Dead by Belphegor are probably my two favorites from 2014. I also liked the Cannabis Corpse, Electric Wizard, and Decapitated albums that came out this year. I also listen to Emperor, Gorgoroth, Hackneyed, Asphyx, Malevolent Creation, Blood Red Throne, Goatwhore, Walls of Jericho, Brutal Truth. Coldworld and Dreams After Death are some cool but slower tempo metal bands. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wolves in the throne room

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Eh... its hard to please a hardcore metal fan... Buuut...I'll try. I like Unearth, The Oncoming Storm. This album was produced by a guy from Killswitch, if whom I am also a fan. So, you probably already know about it... Did you mention Soilwork? Ah, yes you did. I dunno then.... try Machine Made God. They have 2 albums i think. Good Luck. I used to listen to Ill Nino and Atreyu a lot. And Trivium has been hit and miss like you said but had some great songs.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
dbl post

But while I'm here, Dimmu Borgir has the melodic parts as well.

edit on 12/9/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Horns up!

More melodic? Try a wee bit of symphonic metal - like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, Delain etc

There's HIM (I adore their cover of Wicked Game), Tarot (old school almost hair metal), Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica as some others.

Mosh on

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dynamyte666

Heck yeah! King Parrot are regulars where I live, brutal indeed and such wonderful fellas to beer with.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Holy heck, a metal chick! Right on! You might be interested in some of these. These are just some of the groups of the top of my head on my I pod.

Arch Enemy, new and old, the lead singer just changed, but check out early, and new stuff from them.
Older stuff - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=U9C2Vh1HMgc

Newer stuff - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=InRMwptcgAo

The Agonist, new and old. In fact the old singer from The Agonist is the new singer for Arch Enemy
Older stuff - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=FxVWLF6issk

Newer stuff, same song, new singer
m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=wx7mkBtspzQ

Jinjer - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=LgFvXLbJMSE

Cadaveria - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=9jJkyqCNdcY

Ashes of Abaddon - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=639kW8PxN7Q

Texas Hippie Coalition - m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=rc6VANCNMjo

Have fun with these, I'll post more when I take a look at my pod. And I'm adding you to my friends list because you're a metal head! Maybe we can share more tunes in the future!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
meshuggah

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

hmm... Melodic Metal... I like music
- I've sort of given up on genre-ing... melodic tech-death thrash-core, folk-metal glam-slam
xD Things are really getting out of hand!

Anyways, here's a decent site for finding music
www.gnoosic.com...
It asks for three bands you're into and suggests a band you may like.

You can also click on 'map', or follow this link and type in a band name and it will suggest similar bands.

\m/

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I hear ya I have a hard time finding new stuff as well. Your tastes reflect my own. I dig the odd time trying to find modern stuff that I like, but usually hit a wall. Cookie monster growling, silly dungeons and dragons stuff (thanks Dream Theater!) or music that is just too refined. I like it raw!!! (Not meant to trash these sounds, just not my thing)

Im stuck in a NWOBHM faze but check out some of these acts. If you want an album check out NWOBHM: 79 revisisted

I would love to hear some suggestions myself
edit on 9-12-2014 by deuceawesome because: fix link

edit on 9-12-2014 by deuceawesome because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Sylosis
At the gates
Order of the ebon hand

<<   2 >>

join