It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your personal belief?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I go with #1 sort of. I don't believe we are alone in the universe, however, I do believe that we have dominion of all living things in the universe.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
probability for decent planet - about 900 in hundreds of billions, of having a moon form to stabilise orbit of planet - 1 in hundreds of billions, of lasting long enough to develop intelligent life - huge, of being around in the universe at the same time as we are - huge too many fractions to multiply together then compare to number of stars. This leads me to think, no, life elsewhere might be possible but intelligent life possible but not probable. Saying that, any night I look at the stars, I hope to see something come down from "out there" and say hi to me : )

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980
www.abovetopsecret.com...
*The above thread was mine earlier this year.
ET's. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming

Of course there are millions of other life forms out there. It would be absolutely impossible for there to be just US. Given that and 40 years of personal study...we are not alone.

And, they arent coming. They are already here. They have been here, always have been coming and going, and more on the way, and some never to return.

There will never be any "disclosure" of something thats already around us everywhere we look in the present, past and our future plannings.

Its us that have to come up to a point...so "they" understand we are ready. So far, we ignore all the evidence, looking to the skies and temporary governments to tell us something.They arent going to...gov's are all temporary...

But, the "others' are here as always and are waiting for us...but we arent there ...yet. far from it
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ukmicky1980
Hi Everyone,

I sort of justify my opinion to myself by thinking that it’s pretty safe to assume that if an extra-terrestrial race arrived at earth would be far, far more advanced than humanity, and would have little trouble in taking over if they so wanted, and would presumably study the planet and its inhabitants beforehand, so would know that our political systems are corrupt and not necessarily in the interests of the people. Why would a visiting ET go through the process of negotiating with politicians and religious leaders etc.?

It would be interesting to hear everyone's personal beliefs and reasons why.

I watched 'Battleship' on and off last night, in the picture the aliens had a few tricks up their sleeves while the aliens themselves were still vunerable, (yeah I know it is in the 'Rotten tomatoes' hall of fame) as a movie. But there was something 'human' about the aliens, apart from looking like humans that is
and that was they made the same mistakes that we humans always do, and are doing now, like embracing technology as the be all and end all of everything when it is clearly not. So the aliens got stuffed..in fact that was the end of the film...apart from the medals.
As far as your given hypothesis,
"What if Humanity is the most advanced civilisation in our galactic neighbourhood?" None could actually apply to the five given schools of thought at all when you think about it.
There is a need to make the initial hypothesis correct. That is not to say that numbers one to five are incorrect in themselves, just that they don't work with the initial hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: csimon
I go with #1 sort of. I don't believe we are alone in the universe, however, I do believe that we have dominion of all living things in the universe.

I hope some of the "others" have the same belief. In fact there is evidence that humans are in fact owned.

Akin to cows in the pasture oblivious to the fact that the trucks are on their way to take them to the slaughter house.

Ever heard of the "Loosh Harvest"
edit on 8-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: csimon

number one does not work with the given hypothesis. If you don't believe we are 'alone' then there is no clue as to dominion.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

yep that was a mental post.

"how is it possible to know why they are visiting here(if they are),it could be easy or not to know how they got here or why visit us.

along those lines i dont even know how i messed that post up,doh!! human brain,lol
edit on 8-12-2014 by ben555 because: still didnt make sense,cleaned up a bit more

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

i dont believe we are owned,not from what i have seen anyway. i believe more along the lines of the post from mysterious stranger. proof is on a personal level,not for the masses. you want it go and look for it

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is closest to my personal belief.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
From my own up close and personal experiences in the San Luis valley of southern Colorado.
I don't think that it's just travelers from outer space. It seems much more complex and involving entities that actually defy classification. UFO, quasi religious and metaphysical beings with an undefined agenda is what I was presented with.

We are so primitive and new to the neighborhood we may never be capable of understanding what is really happening.

This may not be a valid comparison but humans and their science is like little kids finding coins on the beach; all they know is that it's money and they can buy candy.

If they exist, and they are from out there. I mean way out there, to get here their technology must be so advanced, they must use vessels that are faster than light. If they are faster than light with our present understanding of the way the Universe works, then they must experience some strange experiences regarding time. Like arriving before they left? this defies our logic. Or more likely its we haven't a clue as to the reality of the Universe. If that's the case they might not be based so far away, perhaps in our solar system. Or more likely in a dimensional state that we have no concept off.
If they are Alien, then it figures that they might have serious problems with terrestrial biology, like the bugs of this planet could be dangerous to their physiology. As theirs to ours. They might need a bug free environment like our moon.
Then If they exist, we must not think that our generation, is the first to have experienced their presence. If this is the case then past generations would have to describe them in their context. i.e. gods etc. if they have been around for a while and they are below the level of general perception, then what would be their purpose.
On the other hand, before we ask what they are, and what is their purpose, it might be more reasonable to ask ourselves what are we and what is our purpose, then when we ask the previous question, its answer would then have more contextual meaning. If we keep it simple and define our state as "disciplined consciousness " The only reason it is disciplined is that we have the constraints of a physical body, depending entirely and virtually part of this specific ecosystem. Where most of our thought processes are confined to breeding and survival. Whereas if they were able to travel the Universe at will , they would not have our constraints. Our constraints are dependent on a physical body, perhaps because they have none of our constraints, then they might not be physical at all in our sense of the word. They do tend to present in the context of the age. So if they have been around for a long time, and clearly we are still here then clearly they are not malevolent. The only thing that would engender malevolence would be competition in the same ecosystem ,then clearly we are not in the same ecosystem. if we are not in the same ecosystem, their system must be at present unknowable to us. The only thing that I can suggest is that when our body finally gets recycled for the last time. Then our environment might be similarly unconstrained So they might be, what we encompass as the Supernatural, and we might be what they call, the Simple Nature.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I view the whole thing solely through probabilities:

Considering the sheer size of the universe/multiverse:
1. Is there life out there? Probability = Astronomical.
2. Are we being visited? Probability = Microscopical.

I do not believe ANYONE who claims to have met,
or claims to have ANY knowledge of aliens.

edit on 9-12-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ok I think 1-5 may al have some truth in them however I propose the elephant in the room of god/goddess/gods from ancient legends from around the world including the bible show up in giant space ships. Just a thought some might consider that which others might think of as an omnipotent god to be an alien force with infinate power and vision at its, his, her, or thier disposal.

I think that the big G may eventually show up and set the world on a path towards the next evoluion and woe to any that would seek to stand against the omnipotent ones.
edit on 9-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Is it?.. wheres your proof of that indisputable truth? For all we know they might be younger than us, just got further tech wise quicker for what ever reason (human species has stop started its way through history so often if we hadnt had such a bumpy ride imagine where we'd be today). Sure its a thread about opinion and belief but as such nothing is Indisputable.

I think you misunderstood what I meant ... My premise for the existence of Aliens before Humanity was born is ... The Earth is formed from the Sun ... It has a certain life span ... Other stars with planets existed before our Sun came into being ...

Of course it can be disputed that there is no proof for sentient life on other planets ... but today with our knowledge of the Universe it would be rather like saying the Earth was flat ... hence my comment.

By the way I am open minded but sceptical regarding aliens in spacecraft or probes visiting Earth ... But I believe that Aliens also incarnate here in Human form ... This is a belief I hold for my own personal reasons

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Ok I think 1-5 may al have some truth in them however I propose the elephant in the room of god/goddess/gods from ancient legends from around the world including the bible show up in giant space ships. Just a thought some might consider that which others might think of as an omnipotent god to be an alien force with infinate power and vision at its, his, her, or thier disposal.

I think that the big G may eventually show up and set the world on a path towards the next evoluion and woe to any that would seek to stand against the omnipotent ones.

I'm surprised that option wasn't in the OP thread.

Related to that one, is this one:
that they want us to believe they created us and that we'll soon have a great spiritual evolution because they are against the God of the Bible, so by saying they are our creators they're usurping He's place, like Revelation 13 says.

Some refer to this as the "alien savior" or "alien deception" hypothesis, it is worth investigating.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

1. We haven’t been visited and humanity is alone in the universe

This seems to be the extent of our collective knowledge so far.
personally, I like to believe that we have been visited but I don't think any of the evidence is solid enough. It may very well be the case that all the "evidence" that UFOlogy is built on is wrong and we are just looking in the wrong place

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

2. We have been visited but governments keep it buried so deep that we’ll never find out.

I have seen two films of UFOs

One was a high speed camera film taken during a weapons test at a navy research base.

The other was Reconnaissance photos taken during the Vietnam war over the Hồ Chí Minh trail.
The film caught a UFO hovering in a valley just off the trail area.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I was mostly arguing wording, so many people use words like 'truth', 'indisputable', 'fact' or 'undeniable' when talking about UFOs when all they are doing is giving an opinion or repeating some other persons opinion on a subject (there is if your honest about it, as to date has no tangable evidence to its exsistance so anything given as evidence is still purely subjective interpretation) they happen to agree with.

Its just a pet peeve of mine and something alot of people in the UFO community seem to do, not realizing it makes them look kinda iffy.

Not saying they couldnt be older, I just dislike the whole premise of 'their millions of years advanced than us' some proponents of UFO's spout. If they've been around that long then id have expected them to have been alot more advanced than they seem to be. The uber ancient idea in my mind is simply a way of covering your bases with regards to 'what they can do', oh you found a hole in my story well they can do that because they are millions of years old so to us its all 'magic!'... same way UFO's have shifted from physical grounded things to pan ultra intra inter dimensional non physical ships or life forms unto themselves in the last few years, you cant logically pick holes in something that can be simply dismissed by the teller with some creative handwaving.

Again just a pet peeve.

And to reiterate, this is coming from someone who genuinely believes he's seen at least 2 UFO's on two separate occasions. So not deliberately trying to slam anyone in here.

edit on 9-12-2014 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Humans are really only interested in aliens that are like Star Trek or Star Wars aliens. Basically like us in their level of intelligence and appearance, and similar to us in emotions and motivations. We might be able to recognize some kind of intelligent alien that was composed of wet clay and lives for hundreds of thousands of years. Brains as big as planets. Tree-like things that see time as a color. But we wouldn't have anything in common with those things, we wouldn't be able to exchange anything with them, and they wouldn't let us ride on their flying saucers to see colorful alien sunsets.

If an alien species was only twice as smart as us (which wouldn't be hard), we would be terrified of them. I had a dream once about encountering an alien that was extremely intelligent and was like a slimy, 9-foot tall combination of a locust and cicada. It buzzed and howled so loud it rattled your teeth, and it was horrifying and obvious that we could never co-exist in any positive way.

So by needing them to be like us, we limit ourselves to an even more infinitesimal selection of aliens from the ones already unlikely to be out there.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I have seen two films of UFOs
One was a high speed camera film taken during a weapons test at a navy research base.
The other was Reconnaissance photos taken during the Vietnam war over the Hồ Chí Minh trail.
The film caught a UFO hovering in a valley just off the trail area.

That must have been awesome. However, my experience is that I once read a post from a guy who said he has seen two different government films of UFOs, but he obviously didn't have them and couldn't show them to me, so it was just a "cool story, bro," and all I could do was shrug.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ
...And to reiterate, this is coming from someone who genuinely believes he's seen at least 2 UFO's on two separate occasions. So not deliberately trying to slam anyone in here.

I saw something one night on a run (back when I was young and actually ran to stay fit) that I cannot readily explain, but I'm not ready to call it and alien craft. It's simply an unidentified object.

I saw three lights in the night sky that I think were originally stationary that then suddenly began to move and fly over me, as a plane would, but more quickly (about the speed of a jet flying at about 5,000 feet). Maybe the lights were not originally stationary, and I just perceived them as such, or maybe they were and it was some secret aircraft that could hover. I truly don't know.

However, just because I couldn't explain the sighting, that doesn't mean I would add that to evidence of alien visitation of Earth. I would need much more than "I couldn't explain what it was" before I say "thus, it was alien".

edit on 12/9/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join