It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli airstrikes near damascus airport

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

This is just wrong. Israel is over-stepping its bounds now. The claim is that they are protecting themselves but there was no attack on Israel only a shipment of arms, and it took place in another country.

Why do they have to wait to get attacked with these weapons?

I'm not saying "wait to be attacked" however attacking based on fears of potential attack is wrong. There is potential calamity all over the world all the time but never actual pre-emptive attacks because people know what's at stake. The Cold War is a prime example. Had the US or Russia pre-emptively attacked a shipment based on fears of "they will attack us" we could all be dead by now from Nuclear War.

If Israel truly wants peace then those in power should stop acting irresponsibly with the power they have.

Hezbollah isn't Russia. They attack Israel all the time. No comparison.

Just making a comparison. I know the stakes are different this time but since when has it been ok to attack in another country based on fear(s) of attack? Based on this thinking there should be a lot more worldwide conflict than there already is.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If Syria took it's gloves off it would expose it's shattered hands that are incapable of even fending off locals in its own country

You mean these locals that turned into the FSA and then became ISIS that both Isreal and the USA financed.

Why do you denfed child killers and the steeling of land ?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm not saying "wait to be attacked" however attacking based on fears of potential attack is wrong. There is potential calamity all over the world all the time but never actual pre-emptive attacks because people know what's at stake. The Cold War is a prime example. Had the US or Russia pre-emptively attacked a shipment based on fears of "they will attack us" we could all be dead by now from Nuclear War.

If Israel truly wants peace then those in power should stop acting irresponsibly with the power they have. They are adding fuel to the fire which is brewing.

Israel is officially "at war" with Hezbollah and Hamas, pretty much all the time, isn't it?
Bad comparison. Cold War was cold, this war is hot.

It's not just fear of attack, they are regularly attacked and know they will be attacked again as soon as possible.
edit on 12/7/2014 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

If Syria took it's gloves off it would expose it's shattered hands that are incapable of even fending off locals in its own country

You mean these locals that turned into the FSA and then became ISIS that both Isreal and the USA financed.

Why do you denfed child killers and the steeling of land ?

Why do you defend a ruthless dictator who kills children and lie about Isis who wants Israel's land also?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is bad news for Syria it makes them look weak and impotent if they don`t do something.
Syria didn`t see those planes coming? did they even try to shoot them down?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Syria IS weak and impotent. The country is a mess.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why do you defend a ruthless dictator who kills children and lie about Isis who wants Israel's land also?

Obama keeps going over the head of Congress if you are looking for a dictator and if Assad was hated by most of his people then he would had been dead a long time ago but instead they continue to vote for him.

You need to read some news outside of CNN to know that ISIS started off as the FSA and this is why they all have M16s

In the land of an eye for an eye, Is-so-hell would have its head chopped off and can shut up if/when Syria hits back as they have every right to do.

Tell me why are we in the west all being told to fear ISIS when the number one enermy has supossed to be Isreal to them or do you think something else is going on

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

If Syria took it's gloves off it would expose it's shattered hands that are incapable of even fending off locals in its own country…

Do tell. He's been fending off NATO and a gaggle of insurgents for years. If his hands get shattered it will be fighting against the invaders of his homeland. Just like in Libya.

Who's hands are dripping with blood, again?
edit on 7-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This headline should just read "Israel attacks Syria".

What it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This is just wrong. Israel is over-stepping its bounds now. The claim is that they are protecting themselves but there was no attack on Israel only a shipment of arms, and it took place in another country.

Yes, but do you realize this is third or more such attack in the past 2 years? By Israel? On Syria

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
This is bad news for Syria it makes them look weak and impotent if they don`t do something.
Syria didn`t see those planes coming? did they even try to shoot them down?

Guys, Israel has now preemptively attacked Syria now at least 3 times.

Why is Assad not attacking back?

I will tell you right now. He knows that will be the excuse that Israel, the US, and West need to hammer him and finally take him out.

He isn't stupid.

However, Israel is the aggressor in this case and is playing with fire.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

If Israel truly wants peace then those in power should stop acting irresponsibly with the power they have. They are adding fuel to the fire which is brewing.

Israel is officially "at war" with Hezbollah and Hamas, pretty much all the time, isn't it?
Bad comparison. Cold War was cold, this war is hot.

It's not just fear of attack, they are regularly attacked and know they will be attacked again as soon as possible.

Regardless, it is still an act of war AND illegal under international law to conduct strikes preemptively in another country. By international law, Assad actually as the right to fully attack Israel.

Also, at some point it is important to be objective and say that while yes, Hezbollah or others have attacked Israel in the past, Israel has attacked them, invaded, and struck preemptively targets in places like Syria. So from Hezbollah's perspective, they think they are fighting the righteous fight.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I will tell you right now. He knows that will be the excuse that Israel, the US, and West need to hammer him and finally take him out.

History will reflect that Assad never did anything to deserve having his country destroyed and his people murdered. But then history is written by the Victors.

One sided narrative in the west.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

History will reflect that Assad never did anything to deserve having his country destroyed and his people murdered. But then history is written by the Victors.

Wait a second he has not lost yet for that to happen

I would debate you but i've already had 1000 points deducted by posting in this thread and i don't like fighting with one hand tied behind my back so i hope you understand

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I don't claim that he is a saint. But our funding of the proxy war to remove him has NOTHING to do with that nor democracy/freedom/etc. It is all about knocking out a proxy of an enemy of ours. Geopolitical hegemony. That's it.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I would debate you

No need, I was agreeing with you.

Wait a second he has not lost yet for that to happen

Inevitable (imo) at this point. Now that airstrikes and insurgency both active (NATO finally has its way) the same will result that did in Libya.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I know the stakes are different this time but since when has it been ok to attack in another country based on fear(s) of attack?

Since the War on "Terror" began. Convenient that. The enemy is whomever the US state department tells the media to say they are.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I don't claim that he is a saint. But our funding of the proxy war to remove him has NOTHING to do with that nor democracy/freedom/etc.

Well said.

Saddam was a freind of ours whilst he was attacking Iran but then had a stroke to turn him into a mad man like Qddaffiy

Now I knew Assad was stuffed when he got the kiss of death from Tony Blair because his lips were still wet after kissing Qddaffiy.

All three of them were our bitches at one time but I am not sure if this ploy will continue to work with Iran but i will point out that Tony also kissed that Netenyhoo guy a few years back

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Lol, "Changling Terrorists".

They morph into any enemy whey need.

TalliQuedaSis. See, there goes one now. In a Toyota. Better hit it with a million dollar bomb from a billion dollar bomber to be sure…

Then take out the 'Albansis' capitol city while were at it…

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Since the War on "Terror" began. Convenient that. The enemy is whomever the US state department tells the media to say they are.

We have terror on our streets allright that leads back to 9/11 and today thats the police.

The war on terror is like the war on drugs with the opium harvest in Afgainstan going up 700% since we liberated them and dropping bombs on inocent peoples heads is guaranteed to create more terrorists that are not on the payroll of the USA or Isreal but are the real deal and i think this is what they want so they can "Protect" us.

Syria is home to a lot of Christains which goes to show Isreal will have no trouble bombing us if the time comes

Nice clip, makes the point.

The USA has the over priced F-35 that its insisting behind closed doors that its freinds buy in Europe which then leaves no money to develope our own systems which is scary because we also have US military bases all over the place.

International Zionist banking and US hardware in Europe means we have a gun pointed to our head, our politicans will agree to anything asked under those cercumstance

edit on 7-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join