It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Dangerous Fog In Hungary Froze Nearly Everything In Its Path

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's hoarfrost. Here's a lovely specimen, called Frost Flowers.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Where's that global warming when you need it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Strange weather these days, & constantly changing every day like winters are not what they used to be & summers are even worst.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
When I first read your thread I read DANGEROUS FROG FREEZES EVERYTHING IN IT PATH, my silly spoonerisms brain............ What a frog that would be. Friggin amazing photos everyone. a reply to: onequestion

Yeah, every once in a while a brain f*rt will come along and you just have to laugh at yourself. The other night I stopped on the way home to grab a pizza and started to pull into what I thought was a handicap spot (I've got a parking permit). Then I realized that, while it was blue, that wasn't what the sign said. I had to stop for a sec for a Reality check. My brain saw "Polio Room Parking Only" at first glance. Made my head spin for a moment, Then I saw that it said "Polo Room".

ETA:
To stay on topic... A few years ago we got an unexpected 23" of snow on Christmas Eve. We were worried about our son and his family because we had freezing fog about midnight (when they left) and they lived right on the Ohio River. The closer they got the worse it got. He finally told his mom to quit calling them because he had to concentrate on driving and that they'd call either when they got home or when they DID have a problem.
edit on 12 9 2014 by CornShucker because: self explanatory

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
All that information that you recited there I already knew of and yes, the vortex is caused by Fukushima. They won't make the connection and admit we're all Frukkt beyond conceivable limits and they'll continue to lie to the Scottish that everything is alright but what they don't tell you is how Scotland sits on a supervolcano.

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Asynchrony
You know, where I am thus far this winter has been exceptionally cold yet the thermometers don't seem to be detecting the extra "chill factor" in the air. Also, I noticed a very thick and freezy fog these past two days that seems abnormal for the usual weather in these months. Maybe this "polar vortex" thing can only get more extreme. Remember, they've found wooly mammoths frozen solid in a standing stance, chewing on cud. "Flash freeze" seems more and more likely as this "new ice age" weather pattern expands and gets more extreme.

"new ice age" what nonsenee. A "cold weather spell" is wt you are experiencing. Come here to Scotland where we currently have nice sunny weather where you can walk around with jacket open, no gloves and no hat!!!! Go back 30 years ago and this time of year if would freeze your face off as you skate around on the ice.

YOUR WEATHER is due to a kink in the jet stream which is causing cold air to be pulled in from the Artic. Excess snow is due to warm (!!) moist air. You do know that the warmer the air the more moisture it can hold. Hence the expression "It's too cold to snow". The prolonged period of "the same" weather is due to he jet stream not meandering as much as normal. The meandering slows down when the differential between the tropics and the artic is lower ie when the artic is warmer. Oh dear, there goes the ice age theory.......

NB "artic getting warmer". FYI just in case maths in not your strong point -5 (cold enough for snow) is considerably warmer than -30 (too cold for snow)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join