It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good and Evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

But even them are capable of good if it serves their own purpose.
So is that good? Or evil?.

Hitler invented the overpass and cloverleaf, autobahns and the volksgwagen. Although those inventions helped folk, that was secondary to how those things helped him conquer the world.

If the people are happier they will do more for that goal (of his). That goal hurt more people than it helped.

Des that make the Volkswagen evil?

I think evil hides behind good, it pretends to do good things in order to perpetrate evil. Serial killers for instance live ordinary lives (on the surface) but long to be killing. Does that make the good facade evil?

Doing good for others without hiding behind that for evil intentions is goodness. Or something like that. Its not coming out like I intended today.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet...I only got so far into the replies.

Not taking a role as some kind of a person is the first key.

Being yourself, what kind of person are you.

Do you believe in self improvement? And what is it's cycle in real time.

Life is not a show and we are not actors, or are we?

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i developed a working definition for evil and I suppose good, nine years ago.

Evil is actually two things:

1. Rejection of the Truth (this is Truth in its most formal condition...it is assumed that the truth is known widely as such)
2. Attempting to replace the truth with a lie. (despite knowing the truth).

Most people are not capable of anything approaching evil because they are clueless.

Good, then, is simply:

1. acceptance of things as they are; almost blindly without question. its almost like a risk free position...unless of course you encounter evil. then you might have to give things some thought. but you still have an idea of truth.

its not a popular definition and evil people often encourage debate concerning truth.

but it is what it is. and ultimately doesn't matter...because people can always Rumble.

let God sort it out.

edit on 6-12-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's a perception and everyone's perceptions vary. Just try to be the best person you can, someone your ancestors would be proud of. That does not mean you need to be rich or famous.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok I would say that good and evil are one and the same however your own perception of the actions are what give them thier emotional charged status of good or evil.

Also we can see by the effect or result of the action if it was a good action or an evil one, if it causes suffering it would be said to be evil, if it causes joy and peace it would be said to be good.

Think that all is connected to the same soul of the universe so by harming others you harm yourself, and by helping others you help yourself, one is considered evil while the other good. Why because one helps the other harms. Of course you might help your friend beat up a bully or two but that couldnt be considered good as you are causing suffering in the bully which has the same universal soul as yourself.

A good and classic example of how to use science to prove positive and negative results is to look at the frozen water expiriment by thinking different thoughts at the water and then freezing it you can see the different results under a microscope.

Heres a 2 minute linky that clears it all up for you:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In truth, there is no such thing as good and evil.
It's simply weighing the consequences of actions.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No no no again shooting yourself is evil why your hurting yourself, shooting someone else is evil to why because your still hurting yourself in the form of another. Get it got it goooood!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
In truth, there is no such thing as good and evil.
It's simply weighing the consequences of actions.

All we know is the difference beteen good Choices and bad Choices compared to Our experiances. But we dont know the moral code so in reality we dont know if good Choices really are good.

In Our society good and bad morals depend on its politics and sosial standards.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I don't understand. Did you start a thread just to tell us not to get a rightous ego, or to start an intellectual discussion? If your purposes were the latter, please tell me what discussion you intended to spark?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Promoting rape, stealing and murder are we? Because this is what you are doing. We are on the top of the food chain for a reason. Comparing our intellect with animals is for the feeble mind.

When you can get a animal to do computer programming in C + and fly a helicopter, drive a standard transmission vehicle cross country and through NYC morning traffic and speak several different languages....... give a call and I will rethink your theory.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Here watch this for the first one minute and ten seconds.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Lets include two human emotions, pride, and, guilt.

Some experience pride as they believe that what they have done is "right".
Some experience guilt as they believe that what they have done is "wrong".

An animal? They don't feel these emotions, and just do what they do, either that, or a psychopath, who will gladly give to charity to keep up appearances and think nothing of the good that was done with their money, they might also end up being abusive, and won't feel any which way about it.

They say that psychopaths operate from the "animal" brain - perhaps they are still animals at heart...

However, as mature humans, we have a range of emotions that serve to guide us.

Why feel a sense of pride?
Why feel a sense of guilt?

Because, it is the way that we are wired and these emotions have purpose to define our actions in the sphere of morality.

It does not mean, however, that we do not engage in these actions, it means that we have a consciousness - we have the capacity to know the effects of our actions on others.

That is all it really is.

edit on 7-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join