It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby’s honorary title revoked by U.S. Navy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The thing about honorary titles is that they’re just that – honorary. They come with no salary, no responsibilities, just clap on the back and maybe a plaque. So even when the honoree turns out to be less than worthy, usually no demotion is in order.

But the U.S. Navy is taking the honorary title it bestowed upon Bill Cosby in 2011 very seriously — seriously enough to revoke it.

I'm not sure which is weirder, the Navy giving Cosby an honorary title, or that they are taking it away for rape allegations.

Maybe this is part of the Navy getting firmer on sexual assaults committed by people in uniform, but I somehow doubt it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

The thing about honorary titles is that they’re just that – honorary. They come with no salary, no responsibilities, just clap on the back and maybe a plaque. So even when the honoree turns out to be less than worthy, usually no demotion is in order.

But the U.S. Navy is taking the honorary title it bestowed upon Bill Cosby in 2011 very seriously — seriously enough to revoke it.

I'm not sure which is weirder, the Navy giving Cosby an honorary title, or that they are taking it away for rape allegations.

Maybe this is part of the Navy getting firmer on sexual assaults committed by people in uniform, but I somehow doubt it.

I found the fact they gave him an honorary title odd as well. Read this earlier this morning.

As far as taking it away, I guess they have every right to revoke it even if he has never been convicted of anything, and likely never will be. Statute has run it's course on all accusers, but I find the number of them large enough to deem it likely true.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Was Cosby in the Navy ?

P.S The alleged rape occurred at the Playboy mansion when the girl was 15.
Why was a 15 year old girl at the Playboy mansion ?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In a follow up, Jello is also reneging to finish providing him with a lifetime supply of Pudding Pops.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

Was Cosby in the Navy ?

If you read the article linked, it talks about his Navy service. And there are a lot more than the one girl you are referencing that have claimed sexual assault against him in the last month. I think the count is up to 16 or so now.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I found the fact they gave him an honorary title odd as well. Read this earlier this morning.

As far as taking it away, I guess they have every right to revoke it even if he has never been convicted of anything, and likely never will be. Statute has run it's course on all accusers, but I find the number of them large enough to deem it likely true.

Yeah, it just seems weird that they would take it away when the Navy has a MUCH less than stellar history with prosecuting or even acknowledging rape accusations within their organization.

Seems a bit hypocritical and even a bit disingenuous to take such an interest in an event that they don't actually have to investigate. Like they want to ride a wave of "Anti-Rape" Media attention to further themselves from their own past.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hmm, sometimes the best defense is an offense.
Someone on here has a siggy about "deny everything, admit nothing and make counter accusations". Seems legit in this case with the Navy.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

Was Cosby in the Navy ?

The Cos got her into the mansion by lying about her age.

"Huth claims when they arrived to the club, Cosby served them booze and played billiards -- requiring them to drink a beer every time Cosby won a game.
According to the suit, Huth claims Cosby then took the girls to the Playboy Mansion and told them to say they were 19 years old if anyone asked.
www.tmz.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Wow I should of done better research, a quick Google search does not suffice. I didn't even notice the link in the OP.

When celebrities are accused, and there's dozens of accounts. They're always guilty. We recently had an Australian T.V star imprisoned for the same thing, minus the playboy mansion and drunken billiards.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I have been wondering if Bill Cosby has a sex addiction...so many women have come forward...I have to pay attention.

I wish Cosby would man up and come forward and admit his wrong doings, ask for forgiveness and get help.

Some people say that he may have (Narcissistic personality disorder)...

"People who are diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy" en.wikipedia.org...

As for the Navy revoking his title...I think they are making their own heavy statement.

edit on 2014-12-05T10:15:14-06:00amFridayam05201412America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Cosby allegedly brought her and a friend. After giving them alcohol, he brought them over and told them if asked, say that you are 19.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

And just when you thought it couldn't get worse for him, I believe a few of the women now have that high profile lawyer Gloria Allred representing them. She will for sure brought lots more media coverage.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Exactamundo. I'm an Army civilian employee, and DoD has made an enormous effort to train everybody up on sexual harrassment/sexual assault awareness and prevention, warfighters and civilians alike. And rightfully so. How it's reported and how these reports propagate up the chain-of-command and law enforcement has changed as well. It's a much-needed paradigm shift long in coming.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: XP100

And just when you thought it couldn't get worse for him, I believe a few of the women now have that high profile lawyer Gloria Allred representing them. She will for sure brought lots more media coverage.

Well..that is about all they can do is blast him in the media. Statute of limitations has run out on all of the ones that have come forward so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

People wait all this time, just before the guys about to
croak, to run him over the coals. That's a little hard to
respect.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog
Exactamundo. I'm an Army civilian employee, and DoD has made an enormous effort to train everybody up on sexual harrassment/sexual assault awareness and prevention, warfighters and civilians alike. And rightfully so. How it's reported and how these reports propagate up the chain-of-command and law enforcement has changed as well. It's a much-needed paradigm shift long in coming.

I'd love to believe this will have an effect, but I am a little gun-shy by government (especially military) self-reporting of improvements to their own troubles. VA Hospitals being the most glaring recent example of my distrust.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well that's ironic.

You'd think the military would stay out of topics regarding sexual assault, since they are equally inept at dealing with the problem.

~Tenth

link   

originally posted by: randyvs

respect.

Nobody waited for anything.

Bill Cosby staged a comeback and then all of the reasons he got out of the public eye returned when he did.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well..that is about all they can do is blast him in the media. Statute of limitations has run out on all of the ones that have come forward so far.

Actually, Huth is bringing a civil suit for damages. Source

This traumatic incident, at such a tender age, has caused psychological damage and mental anguish for the plaintiff that has caused her significant problems throughout her life.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

respect.

And he'll still go to the grave denying that he sexually abused those women when they were younger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join