It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Wallpapers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hi All, I started making a wallpaper for my desktop.....

Here's the first one

its 1920x1080.... thought this would be a good thread idea to get people to start making some and sharing!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Second and third one

Just some blending options on the logo, with opacity sets and blend modes to divide (on the blends as well)
edit on 14/12/4 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Im a Marty

I was blown away by the skull but I think you should be honest and say you've used someone elses artwork for your wallpaper else it's a bit misleading.

I do like how you changed the colours though. Better than the original.

www.wallpapervortex.com...
edit on Fridayam051431Fri, 05 Dec 2014 02:20:59 -0600202014-12-05T02:20:59-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

edit on Fridayam051431Fri, 05 Dec 2014 02:23:04 -0600232014-12-05T02:23:04-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

Yeah the original backgrounds are not mine, just used the ATS Logo and manipulated the rest....

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Im a Marty

Where did you get the image for the first one?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

When I create a piece I use anywhere from a couple to 10 or 20 stock photos - and then make a design all my own.

In the last avatar I made I used 7 photos and made my own design with the pieces of them I wanted to use. This is what most people do.. design using many different stock photos.

When I made the celtic girl I designed, I used the head off one photo, the arms from another, and the dress from another.. piecing it all together for the look I wanted to get..

this is typical in photo manipulated work.
edit on 5-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Very nice work Marty! Love them!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I love illustrating and using Photoshop for photo manipulation.

Stock photos are best or just simply credit artists if you use there artwork or at least manipulate something so much that nobody can tell anyway

I really do like the wallpaper like I said I think the colours are better. I just think it can come across false if you say you've made something which can easily be misinterpreted as 'from scratch' when most of it was created by someone else.

I am honestly not trying to start an argument or embarrass the OP but If I took one of you're designs that you've spent hours on and changed the color and stuck an ats logo on it and just simply said 'I made this' how would you feel?

edit on Fridayam051431Fri, 05 Dec 2014 10:16:14 -0600162014-12-05T10:16:14-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yeah its all good, I just said I made a wallpaper - i didn't say I created the artwork..... Was just some graphical manipulation...

LadyTrick, you're all good, Im not embarrased

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Your right in that most people credit the contributors to the piece.. when I did the celtic girl I credited the dressmaker, since her contribution was truly outstanding. Couldn't have done it without her!

But most people don't know or don't think about it, especially when they are just starting out, and sometimes they don't know where the piece originated or other considerations.

But mostly, just doing it for fun and just starting out, most don't think about it.

It IS good to point out though, since most people who do free wallpapers and whatnot want there name out there, its how they advertise themselves for work that makes them money usually.
edit on 5-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here's the 4th,

Played around a lot with some action scripts, and applied it to the logo itself, you can see its somewhat fiery and elemental like.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
5th one.

This took a fair few hours - Made a gradient background using default rainbow type colours, then run amok with lots of filters etc...

top topics

join