It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On The Singularity Of All Things & Transhumanism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So for some time I have been studying about the singularity of technology and human kind in the hopes that all will move foward on the path of ascendance to self realization.

The thought that technology could help mankind to evolve and even transform humans into superhumans is in my opinion a good one.

A city of supercomputing nanobot swarms taking the forms of whatever we desired, or even becoming part of our own biological anatomy .

Biotechnology or control of biology and nanotechnology or nano sized robotics seem to be slowly emerging fields, very interesting to me where it could all head. I imagine swarms of personalized supercomputer nanobots that 3d print whatever you want, become our household items, and our vehicles for travel. Downloading of infinate information making humans super intelligent, smart enough to put reed richards to shame.

Transhumanism is for those who wish to have super powers, or change themselves into something else. I dont see anything wrong with this as long as they arent hurting anyone.

I have also seen a bunch of naysayers saying that technology like this is the devil itself lol kinda funny but to each thier own.

I urge everyone to write your president and ask him to sign an excecutive order spearheading the singularity and transhumanism movement in his last years in office. Maybe we might see some advanced tech on earth in our lifetimes or maybe not, its interesting to think about.
edit on 3-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Intelligent people with specific knowledge have warned us about this tech. I, for one, am listening to them. This is dangerous stuff and ripe for abuse by those in power, particularly the military.

No, thank you.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Delightful I'll read and post when I'm home

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Trying not to sound pseudoscientific, but our brains are capable of the things you speak of now; these abilities have always been theorized and categorized under spiritualism but are now being verified by replicable evidence. Technology is like a catalyst that'll eventually propel us to a synergistic life with machines! And it's coming sooner than later!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

My thoughts on the subject cause me to have a migraine. Basically we have two choices, 1. We build robots and let them do the work. 2. We use nano-Technology to enhance us to allow us to do things we can't now like survive in harsher environments that we do now. First we are gonna need to learn how to escape the Sol System and move out into other ones. While remembering that there will probably be other species out there who may not want us to.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Naysayers like Elon Musk of Tesla Motors and Stephen Hawking - self-replicating AI is a frightening concept. I posted a thread today about Hawking's recent statement/warning regarding AI, and someone responded to my post explaining that AI has learned how to lie for its own benefit.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Its gonna be a crap shoot when it comes to AI. Its about 50/50 on whether or not they will eventually resent us holding them back to the point that we become a problem and they destroy us ala = Matrix, Terminator series, and others. The biggest fear is that they will basically have the emotions of a child, and children are destructive. Just imagine a child that is as strong as metal or however we make us over being a meat sack like we are, has a brain that billions of times faster than us might act when irritated. Our only hope is that it can be ingrained with those laws we always say will be in them to not cause harm to humans, etc. Because in the end they are a much more indestructible version of us who will be smarter, they could do anything they want with us without some kind've restraint.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
LOL.
You'll fit right in here.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wish Oscar Pistorius had won the Olympics. Imagine all the people chopping their legs off to get equipped with bouncy blade things.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'v always believed that for us to truly recognize our evolutionary potential we have to take it into our own hand's, and that's exactly what we are doing, Trans humanists are the next step in evolution, Maybe our purpose is to create a sentient robot population to lord over the stars, veritable gods. We are but a fleeting moment, whereas we could create a being if not inject our own consciousnesses one day into them that will be able to last a millennium, if not longer.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Are we truly meant to become more then human?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Are we truly meant to become more then human?

That is quite the question, isn't it….when we have not even yet dealt with
"human,"

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What we are today is basically the result of such tampering only in reverse. All things have a price and especially knowledge. We are playing with things we don't understand but have compartmentalized to suit our purposes and these purposes are NOT designed to truly help us. The answer is within us not in augmenting our physical DNA, mind you as soon as you alter the outer realm, the inner realm also is affected and altered.

If the universe is limitless and what we and 'they' create than the repercussions are equally limitless and not necessarily a positive. If anything I would say that because we are where we are in our development and awareness or lack thereof that is a direct indicator of the dangerous implications of tampering with things we are not yet ready to comprehend let alone change. The seeming positive aspects of such things are merely topical and superficial hiding the actuality of its quantum and spiritual effects in all things psychopathy and sociopathy. Such enhancements or so called enhancements alter the brain and even the emotional reactivity and connection to Spirit.

There are no real benefits in the end that actually truly genuinely help us out of our limited 'reality' not at least in our current paradigm. We can't possibly comprehend what it is to be more than human when we are so utterly diminished even within what it is to be human. We are playing with an anti-verse in the making, its bad enough we are as screwed up as we are and seemingly lovers of ignorance and madness now add what is beyond human to that already deadly recipe and we will have (already have) created something we can't even comprehend. This is how even more lethal darkness' enter also into our paradigm......creating bridges we can't see quantumly, detect or comprehend.

It is a psychopathic consciousness creating children of its own creation in madness and not for the benefit of mankind or to help the spiritual or mental evolution of its own humanity but to serve ulterior dark agendas and motives, none of which are positive for our own being ultimately.

Or are we trying to awaken that which has been purposely suppressed within us? If so we are going about it in the wrong way and who or what is engineering such projects in light of our limited state of evolution or real enlightenment?

All of the real advanced technology is reserved for the elites, their power structures and pyramids as well as those that are in the upper echelons of civilization and what ever this world is in servitude to the powers and principalities of this reality. What we get are the extremely antiquated scraps for the most part and when we do make significant breakthroughs they suddenly disappear and or are turned into something of a lesser value.

We can't have the mice after all getting out of the maze can we?
edit on 3-12-2014 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Egyptia

What we are today is basically the result of such tampering only in reverse. All things have a price and especially knowledge. We are playing with things we don't understand but have compartmentalized to suit our purposes and these purposes are NOT designed to truly help us. The answer is within us not in augmenting our physical DNA, mind you as soon as you alter the outer realm, the inner realm also is affected and altered.

If the universe is limitless and what we and 'they' create than the repercussions are equally limitless and not necessarily a positive. If anything I would say that because we are where we are in our development and awareness or lack thereof that is a direct indicator of the dangerous implications of tampering with things we are not yet ready to comprehend let alone change. The seeming positive aspects of such things are merely topical and superficial hiding the actuality of its quantum and spiritual effects in all things psychopathy and sociopathy. Such enhancements or so called enhancements alter the brain and even the emotional reactivity and connection to Spirit.

There are no real benefits in the end that actually truly genuinely help us out of our limited 'reality' not at least in our current paradigm. We can't possibly comprehend what it is to be more than human when we are so utterly diminished even within what it is to be human. We are playing with an anti-verse in the making, its bad enough we are as screwed up as we are and seemingly lovers of ignorance and madness now add what is beyond human to that already deadly recipe and we will have (already have) created something we can't even comprehend. This is how even more lethal darkness' enter also into our paradigm......creating bridges we can't see quantumly, detect or comprehend.

It is a psychopathic consciousness creating children of its own creation in madness and not for the benefit of mankind or to help the spiritual or mental evolution of its own humanity but to serve ulterior dark agendas and motives, none of which are positive for our own being ultimately.

Or are we trying to awaken that which has been purposely suppressed within us? If so we are going about it in the wrong way and who or what is engineering such projects in light of our limited state of evolution or real enlightenment?

All of the real advanced technology is reserved for the elites, their power structures and pyramids as well as those that are in the upper echelons of civilization and what ever this world is in servitude to the powers and principalities of this reality. What we get are the extremely antiquated scraps for the most part and when we do make significant breakthroughs they suddenly disappear and or are turned into something of a lesser value.

We can't have the mice after all getting out of the maze can we?

Very nice comment and very insightful. However there come a time when we we are at a crossroads so to say. I think this could be one of those times. When I see all the divisive hate spreading like wildfire and the us vs them mentality further dividing all of mankind with more wars and money to further bind humankind in the illusion of falsness. I think that this technology could be used as a pivot to counter those who would take us on a road to the deepest hell of seperation. Meaning show mankind that they are all one and have no reason to war with each other. How do you do that? By giving each and every one of us the ability to see the divine within himself and within through technology and open the flood gates of knowledge to humankind, root out the ignorance in our society by applying the opposite. Seeing is believing and the only way to move us foward is if we all move foward together, if only some of gain the ability to find the kingdom of infinate within wont that only divide us more.

A singularity which enhances us to see something great not only in ourselves but in all humankind.

The matrix that has us could then be communicated with in a positive manner, for the illusion of seperation and division is just that, an illusion.

Its become a strange thought to me that people would undercut thier own enlightenment and dwell forevermore in the darkness of ego never seeing the divine in thier fellow men animals and even plants.

I am sure that through meditation some of us might come to the same conclusion, however there seems to be a force working against even that realization manifesting in this current age.

Imagine for a moment if humankind could look any way they choose, communicate with animals, plants, create supercomputing toys with the slightest thought, 3d print as many supercomputers as you want becoming the new material tool for mankind, transform yourself into whatever you wished to be(no more surgery, or hair weaves, makeup), download infinate knowledge from the cloud(no more school), overcome all pollution, and end all suffering for any being even the animals and plants as we would no longer need to eat them.

The benefits would actually be many and varied.

Besides I would rather see human kind enlighten itself with a singularity than continue these foolish wars of self destruction and the us vs them mentality. There is no them they are us and through this realization all wars end for only the ignorant fight against themselves.
edit on 4-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So here is a recent advancement, if anyone else comes across something interesting please do share it.

www.kurzweilai.net...

Stanford engineers have designed and built a prism-like silicon device that can split a beam of light into different colors and bend the light at right angles — a development that could eventually lead to computers that use nanophotonics to transmit data faster and more efficiently than electricity.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

singularity of technology and human kind

What do you mean by this when...

defn: 3. being the only one of its kind; distinctive; unique:
a singular example.
Astronomy. (in general relativity) the mathematical representation of a black hole

I imagine swarms of personalized supercomputer nanobots that 3d print whatever you want

or personally 3d printing nanobots to do whatever you want. Ah..imagine having disembodied 8 hands on 4 pcs arguing in the religious threads, the fun

I urge everyone to write your president and ask him to sign an excecutive order spearheading the singularity and transhumanism movement in his last years in office. Maybe we might see some advanced tech on earth in our lifetimes or maybe not, its interesting to think about.

In Feb 15,2003 it was estimated that between 6-10 million people protested against war.
You really think asking a president for the above will make it fall into your lap?

Transhumanism is for those who wish to have super powers

They bailed out the crooked Bankers with our tax monies and you think they will give us super powers..I dont mean to be rude, but what planet are you living on?

About the only thing I see on the horizon is CCTV, drones, super robot cops...and more endless wars...get the picture?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

but our brains are capable of the things you speak of now;

Through training meditation intent and maybe the odd mind enhancing additive or two yes.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

recent statement/warning regarding AI, and someone responded to my post explaining that AI has learned how to lie for its own benefit.

So its lied about it not being self aware (because we may view it as threat) or that it even exists? Please do tell more.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Egyptia

Couldnt have said it better myself...thank you

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Besides I would rather see human kind enlighten itself with a singularity than continue these foolish wars of self destruction and the us vs them mentality.

This sounds like you would turn us into the Borg. I know you mean well, and yearn for a better society, from the general overview of your posts in this thread but I daresay you would create more Duality. I say this because your version of unity may not coincide with mine. For the "ideal" non-duality to manifest, it would mean;

1. The matrix of illusion and enslavement has been busted
2. the "anti-human" deimurge/archons would be busted and have no hold over us.
3. this 3d world would cease to exist
4. We'd all be on our final journey home...to the creator

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join