It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis Rams come onto field displaying ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ in support of Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Are you sure they weren't standing up for woman and children gesturing what really means, "please don't beat me"

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12 St. Louis Rams come onto field displaying ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ in support of Ferguson

Well thankfully the players didn't stage a 'Die In' and collapse lifelessly to the ground. Many could of been confused thinking they were bringing attention to Ray Rice's and other players penchant for spousal abuse.

The Rate of Domestic Violence Arrests Among NFL Players

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turkenstein
a reply to: olaru12
Are you sure they weren't standing up for woman and children gesturing what really means, "please don't beat me"

idk....that's the curious thing about symbology. It can change, morph and have many meanings at the same time to
different demographics.

C G Jung explored this in depth with his book "Man and his Symbols" still required reading in almost all Anthro. 101 courses.

www.amazon.com...=la_B0034OBAE4_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417398653&sr=1-2

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Except the street thug from Ferguson didn't get shot with his hands up, it was all a lie.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ok, lets all contact the NFL Commissioner and file the complaint about 'hands up'.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

Ok, lets all contact the NFL Commissioner and file the complaint about 'hands up'.

Won't have to,

St. Louis police group demands punishment for Rams players in Ferguson protest

A St. Louis police officers' group called on the NFL to punish five Rams players who stood with their hands raised before trotting onto the field for pregame introductions Sunday.

The St. Louis Police Officers' Association said it was "profoundly disappointed" with what it called a "display that police officers around the nation found tasteless, offensive and inflammatory." It called for the players involved to be disciplined and for both the league and team to issue a "very public apology."

Source

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
That's awesome. And will be pretty hard to ignore, either, given the place football has in American life.

I'm finding it hard to see what's so 'awesome' about NFL players who are parroting a highly refuted and unsubstantiated claim as the 'hands up' meme suggests. Are we to be a sociiety where hand gestures are the new political discourse? Especially when those hand gestures are a symbol of something that didn't happen according to multiple witnesses and ballistics testing?

I'm not really seeing how this is awesome.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This just in.....

www.rawstory.com...

Ex-cop behind St. Louis police NFL threat has history of lying, protecting crooked cops

Suprised?

The former police officer demanding the NFL discipline five St. Louis Rams players over their display of “hand up, don’t shoot” before a game on Sunday has a history of controversy, including being disciplined for lying in police reports as well as sponsoring legislation that would shield the names of police officers from public scrutiny unless charged with a crime.

edit on 1-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Love it. This is peaceful, respectful protest.

Why would you be against peaceful, respectful protest? Unless your a communist?

Remember that most protesters are and were peaceful. Don't let those few who looted or burned buildings down cloud your judgement.
edit on 1-12-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
I see it as the NFL supporting burning down innocent businesses.

Way to go NFL, jump right into the controversy and open itself up to scrutiny.

Teebow couldn't bow in the endzone but players can support violence in America.

Excellent point!

But, the NFL won't do a thing about it. You know why? They are afraid of more black riots, mayhem and destruction. The animals are running the farm right now, my friend. Personally, I think it is part of the agenda to push the people toward something....never let a good crisis go to waste. Now they are manufacturing the crises.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great! Some undereducated NFL players who take one too many hits in the ol' brain pan are giving gestures they most likely know nothing about nor could care less about. Sounds about par for the course for the majority of professional athletes. I never quite understand why anyone would listen let alone care what these dumbasses say, the same goes for " actors" .

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Maybe if when a cop say's Hands up. you put your Hands up.
You dont reach for your waistband, a wallet, a note from your mamma. You dont move towards the Cop, you dont give it some BS...just put your hands up. if you are innocent you have nothing to fear.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kdyam
Sports and the arts are not your thing then? lol
How about amateur, that less repugnant to you?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: kdyam
Sports and the arts are not your thing then? lol
How about amateur, that less repugnant to you?

I never said it was not my thing, just that most of them could care less about what goes on around them but feel like they have to do something stupid in order to try to be relevant in any other way than on the field or on the big screen.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Except the street thug from Ferguson didn't get shot with his hands up, it was all a lie.

Is it a lie that police shot and killed and unarmed man?

Is it a lie that police are violating people's rights to peacefully protest?

Is it a lie that an entire department laughed at a woman being shot in the head with a rubber bullet?

Is it a lie that the Mr. Wilson's reaction was greatly unskilled? (firing wild shots, and not being able to remember how many shots he fired. He said all he saw was a demon... lol professional?)

Is it a lie that police are violating constitutional rights of citizens in alarming numbers all across the country?

Is it a lie that police will plant violent protesters among the peaceful protesters so that they can further violate constitutional rights?

Answer all of those (not just one...not just two...ALL)

The police in this country are supposed to be subjected to the same hand of judgement as any other US citizen.

But, people won't open their eyes to what is going on outside because they are all inside with their eyes focused unflinchingly on the propaganda box.

All the videos we see of police brutality is just a small percent of the problem as a whole. Very few people ever venture into the idea of how much is happening that DOESN'T end up on youtube.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
NFL has to do something to 'look good,' with the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson cases popping up.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Maybe if when a cop say's Hands up. you put your Hands up.
You dont reach for your waistband, a wallet, a note from your mamma. You dont move towards the Cop, you dont give it some BS...just put your hands up. if you are innocent you have nothing to fear.

www.youtube.com...

^

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

Is it a lie that police shot and killed and unarmed man?

Is it a lie that police are violating people's rights to peacefully protest?

Is it a lie that an entire department laughed at a woman being shot in the head with a rubber bullet?

Is it a lie that the Mr. Wilson's reaction was greatly unskilled? (firing wild shots, and not being able to remember how many shots he fired. He said all he saw was a demon... lol professional?)

Is it a lie that police are violating constitutional rights of citizens in alarming numbers all across the country?

Is it a lie that police will plant violent protesters among the peaceful protesters so that they can further violate constitutional rights?

Answer all of those (not just one...not just two...ALL)

The police in this country are supposed to be subjected to the same hand of judgement as any other US citizen.

But, people won't open their eyes to what is going on outside because they are all inside with their eyes focused unflinchingly on the propaganda box.

All the videos we see of police brutality is just a small percent of the problem as a whole. Very few people ever venture into the idea of how much is happening that DOESN'T end up on youtube.

You can make an irrelevant list a mile long and it won't cover up the lie that the thug from ferguson did not have his hands up.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

WAS HE UNARMED????

Nothing YOU say can change that fact.

Nothing!!!

Also, why should I believe one word of a testimony from a cop that shoots and unarmed human?
edit on 1-12-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

...and, I knew you would avoid the questions.
edit on 1-12-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

WAS HE UNARMED????

Nothing YOU say can change that fact.

Nothing!!!

Also, why should I believe one word of a testimony from a cop that shoots and unarmed human?

...and, I knew you would avoid the questions.

Live the thug life, die the thug life. Your crocodile tears don't change the facts, the thug from Ferguson who got shot did not have his hands up.
edit on 1-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join