It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Caught on Video Groping Restrained Woman’s Breasts and Genitals, Woman Cries

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

edit on 11/30/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So if someone is already cuffed... what is it that the police officer has to fear?

That is some serious naiveté.

Are you telling us a cuffed suspect poses no risk?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18718789]hellobruce

reference onequestion, (Taking 100 peaceful protestors in for questioning without filing charges and grabbing them and questioning them for no reason.)
There is no evidence that occurred.

Happy now?

Well there is according to LA Times. Take it up with them, but don't link.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a cold hard fact of life that everyone should heed:

When you are dealing with police officers, it's ALWAYS best to cooperate.

Resisting or arguing with the officer is utterly fruitless.

If you feel that you're being treated wrongly, take it up in court after the fact.

With that said, the only reason the officer's behavior seems excessive to the uninitiated is because of the woman's protests and crying. If not for that, there would be nothing about the video that seems out of the ordinary. Some people see a video with a woman overreacting and suddenly they see inappropriate behavior just because she makes it seem that way. If I get cuffed and start screaming that the cuffs are too tight and struggle with the officer, the situation will escalate quickly and to any bystander, it will seem like a case of police being too aggressive when it was I who caused the interaction to deteriorate.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You know why there was no incidents in the Nashville protest? Because the police stayed out of it and didnt interfere.

Incase you forgot...

humanrightshouse.org...

People have a right to assemble together to promote and protect human rights through peaceful protest or the expression of their views. States have a responsibility to ensure that people are able to demonstrate peacefully and express their views without facing threats, intimidation or violence.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Praetorius

a reply to: projectbane

Since your not getting it here....

Codified. Follow proper procedure or expect backlash period.

1.) I didn't see a strip search occurring, nor a body cavity search. I saw a pat-down/terry search, which can properly involve feeling body parts for weapons or other illicit substances.

2.) The event in OP is from Los Angeles; the video in the comment I'm responding to here refers to law in Wisconsin.

3.) I WILL absolutely agree that we generally have a good bit of issues with law enforcement here in the US on various fronts, with more attention being needed and solutions found. However, I don't see any 'groping' or sexual assault/malicious intent in your original video here.

Regards.

Beat me to it. These guidelines are irrelevant to the discussion.

She wasn't sexually assaulted. She was patted down, within reason, to be sure she wasn't a threat to herself or others. This is what happens when you are placed under arrest.

I am very willing to call out misconduct when I see it - in this case it didn't occur.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Amerika.
Land of The Free, home of the Cop-A-Feel.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Its funny how its suppose to be government sanctioned protest... against the government right?

Guess you dont see the irony. LOL.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You know why there was no incidents in the Nashville protest? Because the police stayed out of it and didnt interfere.

Incase you forgot...

humanrightshouse.org...

People have a right to assemble together to promote and protect human rights through peaceful protest or the expression of their views. States have a responsibility to ensure that people are able to demonstrate peacefully and express their views without facing threats, intimidation or violence.

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with the thread.

The protesters in question, in THIS thread, were blocking traffic and that is not legal.

People have the right to assemble and protest peacefully. They don't have the right to block traffic.

You should focus your energy on actual cases of inappropriate police behavior instead of over-dramatizing cases like this where you fell victim to a sensational headline on a cop-bashing website and allowed the article to influence your opinion of the video. Otherwise, there will be no one left to take your posts seriously.
edit on 11/30/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Oh yeah traffic.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Smurfy

yeah but they arent interested in analyzing they either dont agree with me, or its something to do with me or its the cause behind the protest.

trust me with those 3 its personal, its not about the subject matter.

It may be personal, but look, you need to do things right you have a decent thread here, don't wreck it or yourself for that matter by your own hand. I agree the officer was OTT, and that the woman had every right, (at least at once apon a time) to object. What I see there is Martial Law which is bad enough, without the I's dotted and the T's crossed.
There was no need to pen people in and data gather. The police should only be there to keep the peace, that's what they were dressed for.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: TinkerHaus

Its funny how its suppose to be government sanctioned protest... against the government right?

Guess you dont see the irony. LOL.

It's just..not a huge deal. As a male, if you were arrested, you would most definitely get a pat around the junk.

The female officer was probably uncomfortable, and did a very quick pat down simply to comply with procedure. It was certainly not groping, and was a much less thorough search than was probably justified - I'm not talking about an invasive search, but rather a more thorough pat down.

I think you're all ramped up about this topic in general, and will cry wolf at even the slightest perception of police misconduct. As someone who is strongly against REAL police misconduct, I would advise you to focus your efforts on actual incidents of misconduct rather than squalor what credibility you have on events where no real misconduct took place.

ETA: When I was about 16 or 17, my girlfriend and I were parked at a cemetery. We were approached by police and thoroughly searched. They patted my girlfriend down MULTIPLE times and there wasn't a female officer present at all, but at least three male officers patted her down. I didn't personally see it, but she claims they touched her breasts and butt and I believed her then and I still do. THAT was actual misconduct, and I really think those cops were intentionally feeling her up. When I compare when I just saw, which seems to me to be a legal and even minimal patdown, to what I personally witnessed (I was present, just not able to watch all of the going-ons as we were separated), I can't help but dismiss this. And, if you care to know, they found nothing because we had nothing and eventually let us go after keeping us in the cold without shoes and jackets for over an hour. This is not the only time I dealt with this type of mistreatment growing up in the town I did..

edit on 30-11-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Oh yeah traffic.

Yeah, traffic. Because running into oncoming traffic, as you have conveniently avoided addressing so far, is hazardous and illegal.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thats your perception.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oh yeah traffic.

Like it or not, if you block the street, the cops will come to break up your protest unless there's been a specific directive to allow it.

If you break the law and the police show up to enforce the law, you can't really get butthurt over that.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Thats your perception.

Just like it's your perception that the female officer in the video behaved inappropriately.

See how this works?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Its funny how all the problems happen when the police get involved isnt it?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Its funny how all the problems happen when the police get involved isnt it?

In this instance they should have been involved. People running into oncoming traffic poses a serious risk of injury or worse to innocent bystanders.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join