It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad but true

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Wow twenty years, That's so nice to hear when people have been together that long. And I bet there has been many ups and downs. I believe some couple's can learn a few things from those who have been married for many years.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flowfessional

but know that things would be different if i opened up to em so i dont.Just figure its best that i don't.

Me too. Don't feel guilty about that. Thats the same position a lot of people find themselves in. Every family has its conformist and its rebel, a golden child and a black sheep. Usually the first born gets the worst of it. Children don't come with instruction manuals. Parents get better at parenting as they go.

I'm the rebel and the black sheep. I am the mistake they wish they could go back and get right. Since they can't they will always try to fix me to make up for their mistakes. If they should just accept me for who I am and allow me to be myself that would be great.

Instead I pretend around them and I know that thats what they want. I'm still me, I don't have to be like them, and I don't have to justify myself to them. They will always have those expectations that I can never measure up to.
Maybe its they who aren't measuring up, maybe they should take a look at themselves and their weird behavior.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah i feel ya.They should def have a talk with the man in the mirror before they say anything

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I can relate to a lot of what you're going through. Stay strong, man.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join