It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Of 2/506th Calls Out Fake Ranger At Oxford Valley Mall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From the youtube description,

Ryan a former Infantryman from Easy Co 2/506 101st sent us this video of him calling out a fake Ranger at a local mall. This guy couldn't answer basic questions that he should've known, he was wearing a CIB with three stars and tried to say he got them all for Iraq and Afghanistan, not possible as you can only get one for both campaigns. I'm guessing he was trying his hand at some discounts.

What a piece of work this guy is.
Creep trying to get discounts because he's in uniform? i reckon so

What say you ATS?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
While his impersonating of serving personnel is detestable and illegal, i do feel that the veteran overacted. No one knows the mental condition in which the impersonator is in; and while it is possible he was trying to take advantage of sales, i do think it was wrong for the veteran to verbally abuse him in a shopping mall, and in front of his family no less.

I understand the topic is a touchy one for veterans, but it would have served everyone better if the veteran in question pulled the impersonator aside, and had a chat with him. It's better than making a fool of oneself while embarrassing your family.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
i do feel that the veteran overacted. No one knows the mental condition in which the impersonator is in; and while it is possible he was trying to take advantage of sales, i do think it was wrong for the veteran to verbally abuse him in a shopping mall, and in front of his family no less.

Or..
It's just another example of someone trying to scam the system , they got caught and he should deal with the consequences.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The guy should have asked to see his military I.D. if he doesn`t have one or he says he doesn`t have it with him then you know he`s a faker.

Most stores won`t even give you a military discount unless you show them your military I.D.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

It's better than making a fool of oneself while embarrassing your family.

I agree and I personally see no point in any of that harassing show. My son is an Apache pilot, my brother was in vietnam and my Father and all the rest of the Family in Korea and WW2. I don't think any of them would like what this guy did, you can't steal valor but you can embarrass your Family and others in public and look like a fool.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I can't stand fakers.

You earn CIBs, Ranger tabs, SF tabs, and every badge on that dudes chest by putting in WORK. Hard work.

I have my ACM badge because I worked for it. I earned it and I flew dangerous missions to get it.

Fakers like this use these symbols of valor and HARD FREAKIN' WORK to engage in fraud. They use it to trick women, to steal from people, they set up fake charities and steal money.

These people are criminals and they should be called out where ever they are found.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

and....bwuahahahahahahahah

staff sgt baby huey got schooled son

that was funny.

thanks

shopping with sgt major on black friday
of course
edit on 29-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

These people are criminals and they should be called out where ever they are found.

By screaming obscenities in a crowd of children and Christmas shoppers? Really?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

works for me.
at the mall during christmas time is as good a time as any...
why not?

he cursed a few times....big deal
its just words

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry, but I must disagree with you. These POS need to be publicly humiliated and brought down. The family must know he's lying so why spare them. The only thing missing is the beat down they deserve. I do agree that this should only occur if the family isn't present. I was unable to watch the video (?) but if that ton of lard in the opening is the guilty party he should be beat down just for that. I wasn't Army (Marines for me) but I bet there aren't any fat Army Rangers!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I've known quite a few adults with learning difficulties who dress up in uniform and role play this kinda stuff. Maybe this guy is a fake POS, or maybe he's an adult with learning and social difficulties and there is no one to advise and support him in appropriate ways to dress and behave as your "health" system in the US sucks if you don't got the cash.

And yeah, shouting f'ing a-hole right by kids in a shopping centre, what a role model he is too.
edit on 29-11-2014 by skalla because: Tippo

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

its just words

I always see this statement as very ignorant of reality, words are everything.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

call it what you want.
see it how you want.
its fine...no big
i can see words being everything if someone is speaking directly to you...
other than that....eh

how someone takes what i say is not my problem....(meaning if i am talking to someone else around you and you dont like it or agree. too bad) thats how i look at it.
if youre the one being addressed...well thats different
people use different language....accept it. dont accept it...thats how it is though

of course this is only my opinion an it is no more or less valid than yours....

im not big on censorship
edit on 29-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't really care. I've had friends who wore those badges and wore that uniform for real who earned it all with their blood.

Screw that guy.
edit on pSat, 29 Nov 2014 12:28:43 -0600201429America/Chicago2014-11-29T12:28:43-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Most likely that guy IS a fake POS.

Fraudulent acts like this are incredibly common, to the point where entire efforts to take down these fakers have organized.

www.stolenvalor.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Or it was just a # bag staff sgt. it's not like those don't exist.
Was he right about the CIB'S? Seems like that would be the only thing he really got him on.
I would be willing to be he is a recruiter tho, and would also explain why he was with his Sgt. Major as those usually head the offices and black friday would be a recruiters dream.

I don't think they should be able to wear their fatigues anywhere public, would cut this down a lot.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Or it was just a # bag staff sgt. it's not like those don't exist.
Was he right about the CIB'S? Seems like that would be the only thing he really got him on.
I would be willing to be he is a recruiter tho, and would also explain why he was with his Sgt. Major as those usually head the offices and black friday would be a recruiters dream.

I don't think they should be able to wear their fatigues anywhere public, would cut this down a lot.

As a triple CIB recipient himself, Grange understood that being awarded three Combat Infantryman Badges was a very rare achievement and thought a list should be compiled to celebrate the recipients' distinction. With his urging, the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning began collecting names of known 3rd CIB recipients.

en.wikipedia.org...

The point is not whether or not it is wrong it is wrong but how to deal with it and where.
Like someone said you don't know circumstances, you could even set off a killing or suicide.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

It may not have been done properly, but public humiliation is not a bad thing for this "crime".

top topics

join