It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to ANYONE on the Ferguson Protesters Side...And some facts!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What EXACTLY would you like to happen to change the way things are? Seriously, what do YOU feel is the problem with the police and the "treatment" of blacks across the country? All I hear from everyone including President Obama the other night, is how much disparity there is between blacks and whites and their treatment by the police. Lets look at this closely and determine the facts. Here is a look at the real numbers. I found this:

According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports from 2000 to 2004, police-involved “justifiable homicides” kill about 350 people a year, 99 percent by shooting. [Update: see below for 2014 links.] Virtually all police-involved killings, most for good reason, are categorized as justifiable. Of those killed by police, 32 percent are black and 64 percent are white. While the percentage of blacks killed is high compared with the black percentage in America (13%), it is low compared with other indicators of violence, such as the percentage of homicide victims and offenders believed to be African American (both 48%).

Perhaps it is more useful to compare police-involved shootings with those killed by non-police officers. Among “justifiable homicides” by regular citizens—about 210 a year—African-Americans are 40 percent of those who kill and 56 percent of those killed. Compared with these numbers, police seem restrained in their use of force toward the black community.

So in fact, DOUBLE the amount of those killed yearly by police are WHITE. From the same site as these numbers came from, here is a story of a BLACK officer that killed an unarmed WHITE disabled VETERAN.

Though horrible and in hindsight wrong, I think the shooting was justifiable. Clearly in hindsight it's not a good shooting. And yet when that guy gets out of the pick-up truck and the long hard object goes up and into my face -- and keep in mind I'm watching a youtube video and I *know* it's not going to be a gun -- I still felt my ass pucker.

Would a reasonable officer have feared for his or life in that situation? Yeah, potentially, probably, I think so.

It would have been great if the cop had known it was a cane. It also would have been great if the guy hadn't gotten out of his truck on the highway and reached for his cane.

A mistake. But I think a reasonable one. I'd let that cop off.

So basically, this man was shot because of a misunderstanding of the cop thinking this man had a weapon. However, this man clearly WAS getting out of his vehicle and reaching into the back for something, and honestly, if I were that cop, I also would have thought he was reaching for a weapon. It is a pretty commonly known fact that IF you are pulled over or stopped by a police officer, you are to do EXACTLY what you are told, and you most certainly DO NOT get out of your vehicle!!
Now lets look at the reason WHY there are a great number of blacks incarcerated. Look at the enviornment they are being raised in, and influenced by. A great number are born into the thug or ghetto life, mostly because that is how their parents live, and they were probably raised like that, and so on. Look at the Hip hop music and the drugs, and the crimes they glorify and put in these young peoples minds. For many, this is all they know, and the patterns just continue and continue generation after generation. It also does not help the cause, when you see the way some of these people are acting, and always react when there is something they do not agree with, such as the non indictment of Darren Wilson. Some are burning down local BLACK OWNED businesses, and inciting violence. WHAT is this going to do to help their cause? HOW is this going to STOP police violence? I can think of many more NON justified shootings than the Michael Brown shooting. In my opinion, what we are also seeing is the result on the entitlement generation. An entire generation of youth that grow up feeling entitled to do whatever they wish, and think that rules and laws do not apply to them. Though this is something we have seen from the black community for many years, such as the Watts riots over 40 years ago, the detroit, to the LA riots in 1992.
In the end all I can say, is that IF the violent protesters that are inciting violence and starting their neighborhoods on fire, and running around the streets like idiots and wild animals, are indeed a reflection of the kind of person that Michael Brown was, well then I can clearly understand WHY he ended up being shot and killed. Again, blacks kill blacks ALL the time all over the country, NOT A WORD by the black community. I saw a great meme online the other day that makes a great point. It was a picture of OJ simpson and his legal team, and it said "Remember when OJ was acquitted and all the white people were rioting?......Me neither!
www.copinthehood.com...

edit on 26-11-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
www.usatoday.com...

So, could that maybe just be because of the fact that more blacks are committing crimes? When it comes to a government, I guarantee the ONLY color they see is GREEN.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Everything is going as planned.
The end result, anarchy and the destruction of america.
To build a new world.
Thats what they want.

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Well it's kind of a chicken and egg thing, no?
If you stop black people 10 times more often than you stop white people then it goes without saying that more will be arrested and charged.
People of all colour and creed break the law and carry things illegally... but if you stop one race far more frequently (10 times more) then it's likely that race will end up having higher crime rates than other races.
edit on 26/11/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus

I seen this and it is indeed very sad. Poor guy! Comes to America to try and get ahead in life and probably works very hard, and this is what he gets......Speaking of this store and man, I seen an interview with one of these black advocates on CNN last night, and she says "So Brown deserved to die over a few ciggarilos?" I just seen that as an ignorant statement/question. No, he deserved to die for roughing up this man and thinking he could just take anything he wants from this mans store, for that in my opinion he did deserve to die.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i think one of the major factors is that it is being passed down to the younger generation.
how many protestors were on the street the past couple night, NOT home with their kids...

theyre going to go home and rant and rave about the cops and how they got hit with the tear gas for no reason..they are going to complain about how there are no jobs, while they burn businesses down.

all their hate and perceived injustices are going to be passed on to the next generation, just like it was passed on to them....

i also see the majority of them seeing as nothing they do or nothing that happens to them as their fault.

the cop are not saints. im sure profiling exists to a point.
i also think whatever profiling does happen is less about skin color and more about how someone is dressed. how someone is acting..
walking down the sidewalk with jeans that fit and a shirt that fits is not going to get you the same attention as walking down the middle of the road with your pants hanging down past your ass, shirt off, with the bandana hanging out of your pocket.
thats just the reality.

the higher percentage of blacks in jail has to do with a higher percentage of blacks committing the crimes...yet its not their fault. its the law and the gov and this and that.

did you see the presser with the milwaukee police chief?
he was pretty upset cause they were tying to insinuate he didnt care cause he was on his phone.
he said he was on his phone getting updates about a 5 year old girl that just got shot in the head in a drive by.

he goes to say how in his jurisdiction or whatever that 80 of violent crimes are committed by black males. 80% of all homicide victims there are black males...80% of the homicies are committed by black males.

people try to toss out every reason and excuse in the book as to why that is. every reason except the actual reason..
reason being they are actually doing it.

i guess it is just lost on some people.

dont have a job? not my fault
in jail? not my fault
didnt do anything after school except bum around ferguson? not my fault

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If you stop black people 10 times more often than you stop white people then it goes without saying that more will be arrested and charged.

really?

ive been stopped a couple times over the past few years for traffic violations.
i didnt get arrested. i listen to the cop and did what he said when we were talking.
i didnt cop and attitude and start flipping out

theyre not going to get arrested for no reason...

you saying the cops are letting the crimes by white people slide?

thats crap and you know it

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

People of all colour and creed break the law and carry things illegally... but if you stop one race far more frequently (10 times more) then it's likely that race will end up having higher crime rates than other races.

True, and people of all colors and creeds GET charged with crimes too. It is a myth by the way that police just pull over people based on their color. NOW, maybe they get pulled over more because of the neighborhood they are in, as MANY of the black communities are FULL of drugs and violence. All you need to do is take a look at a city like Chicago....Look at all the violence there on any given night, and you know what? I am willing to bet that over 90% of these crimes/shootings are committed BY BLACKS, ON BLACKS!!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

drive a car with 25's, neon light, and loud bumps through the neighborhoods with drug problems and yeah, youre probably going to get pulled over....

people say there is no reason for it but there is a reason...they just dont want to accept it

not saying black people are the only people that drive those kinds of cars.....hell,im looking at a bad ass, bagged truck with 22's on it right now...thinking about buying it. what i wont do is drive that vehicle through the local neighborhoods with the known drug problems.....

there are reasons why things happen beyond the cops are racist.

if there is a robbery or this or that suspect out and about and that suspect is 5 foot tall and black driving a green caddy, then yeah, if youre a black dude driving a green caddy in the area the suspect was last seen, youre probably gonna get stopped.
there is a reason for that.

why would they pull over a fat white lady driving a mini van?

you see

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And not to mention the extortion of black people, after doing 20 30 years in prison they get released because there was false witness testimony.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Let me just throw this out there.
An 18 year old white boy got killed about 2 months ago close to where i live.
The boy, like Michael, had been in trouble in the past.
But, there is no protest here... actually everyone has forgotten about it. The sad part is the boy had a 2 week old baby. I know its irrelevant, but still sad.
Here is a link.. Im not saying it was wrong or right. Just sad someone so young does not get a chance to redeem himself.
Most young people do make mistakes, and eventually they grow up, get their # together, and make something of themselves.

point5digital.com...

Here is another thing I did notice about the protests I was watching. The majority of the protesters are millennials.
Which makes sense. Millennials were not raised in a culture deep seated in racism like our ancestors. We were almost competely out of this "race" thing until the media started reported numerous white cop, black man stories...

I am a millennial and I can tell you that the government is going to have problems trying to oppress and manipulate us . Most everyone around my age is awake and totally against the American government. We are not as gullible as some earlier generations. (indigo children ect.) Which mostly has to do with technology!

The protests I saw were a banding together of ALL races. And they were not just protesting the jury's decision. They are against the numerous social, economic, and national problems we are facing today.
This boy's death sparked a revolt against government and police manipulation.

The outcome of this is the complete opposite of what the government wanted.
It brought people together instead of tearing them apart.
Their "divide and conquer" technique backfired.
Can I get an amen!

link   
You also have to realize that Brown could have just as easily been shot and killed by the store owner that he robbed that day. I know a lot of shop owners that will/have defended their businesses with lethal force. I know I would have. If I were the owner of a business and someone came in trying to rob me and rough me up, I guarantee I would have shot them and would have been WELL within my rights in doing so.

link   

originally posted by: MX61000
And not to mention the extortion of black people, after doing 20 30 years in prison they get released because there was false witness testimony.

yeah
only black people are wrongly imprisoned

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

All you need to do is take a look at a city like Chicago

www.blacklistednews.com...

155 homicides (74% black males)
725 shot & wounded
Six (6) 18 year olds killed: Kawantis Montgomery, Kamaal Burton, Tony McIntos, Alexandra Burgos, Rayvon Little, Johnathan Cartwright
59 18 year olds shot & wounded
29 teenagers (13-19) killed
244 teenagers (13-19) shot and wounded
10 shot (5 killed) by the CPD

All of these homicides are just since Brown was shot. Pretty insane stats.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenOne23
Let me just throw this out there.
An 18 year old white boy got killed about 2 months ago close to where i live.
The boy, like Michael, had been in trouble in the past.
But, there is no protest here... actually everyone has forgotten about it. The sad part is the boy had a 2 week old baby. I know its irrelevant, but still sad.
Here is a link.. Im not saying it was wrong or right. Just sad someone so young does not get a chance to redeem himself.
Most young people do make mistakes, and eventually they grow up, get their # together, and make something of themselves.

point5digital.com...

Here is another thing I did notice about the protests I was watching. The majority of the protesters are millennials.
Which makes sense. Millennials were not raised in a culture deep seated in racism like our ancestors. We were almost competely out of this "race" thing until the media started reported numerous white cop, black man stories...

I am a millennial and I can tell you that the government is going to have problems trying to oppress and manipulate us . Most everyone around my age is awake and totally against the American government. We are not as gullible as some earlier generations. (indigo children ect.) Which mostly has to do with technology!

The protests I saw were a banding together of ALL races. And they were not just protesting the jury's decision. They are against the numerous social, economic, and national problems we are facing today.
This boy's death sparked a revolt against government and police manipulation.

The outcome of this is the complete opposite of what the government wanted.
It brought people together instead of tearing them apart.
Their "divide and conquer" technique backfired.
Can I get an amen!

Fair enough...Now let me ask you, what do these people WANT? For the police not to stop them from doing whatever the hell they damn well please because they are young and dumb? As far as them protesting the social economic and national problems we are facing today? Seriously, all this kind of behavior will accomplish for them is arrest, and the possible enactment of martial law....Lets see how much they like martial law....

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
By the way, I heard Browns stepfather after the decision was handed down was screaming "Lets burn this bitch down!!!" In my opinion, he should be charged with inciting a riot!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

All you need to do is take a look at a city like Chicago

www.blacklistednews.com...

155 homicides (74% black males)
725 shot & wounded
Six (6) 18 year olds killed: Kawantis Montgomery, Kamaal Burton, Tony McIntos, Alexandra Burgos, Rayvon Little, Johnathan Cartwright
59 18 year olds shot & wounded
29 teenagers (13-19) killed
244 teenagers (13-19) shot and wounded
10 shot (5 killed) by the CPD

All of these homicides are just since Brown was shot. Pretty insane stats.

Thank you for posting that! WoW, is all I can say, those numbers are just staggering!!! So all those killings, and ONLY 10 shot by police...not bad considering the WAR ZONE they are trying to enforce laws in.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

oh yeah.
watched it live.
wasnt even 2 minutes after the decision was announced.

before that though the browns were calling for a peaceful protest.

only till they didnt get what they wanted

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join