It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mom has cancer and has to start getting chemo. Tomorrow my dad and I have to get a flu shot.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They have done remarkable strides in cancer elimination. Just keep spirits up, eat healthy, bit of exercise, and chances are good..I mean, its cancer, so not like a stubbed toe, but just keep up a very valid hope for a speedy recovery and hopefully things will work out perfect.

I would say to your mom, you all may crash in a car tomorrow, or she may live to see 100. you don't know the future, so stressing about a potential is useless and uses up the moments she is alive anyhow..best to have a good sense of humor about all this craziness called life and simply enjoy breathing today..tomorrow is promised for nobody.

And meh, its a flu shot. of course you don't have to get it, but I haven't heard many people complain (outside of conspiracy forums of course). I personally don't get it because I tend to buy into the idea that the odd illness here and there is healthy for a strong immune system overall...but I am certainly not a doctor, just gut instinct (*which has been wrong in the past of course)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am so sorry too hear this Rukia I think everyone has covered what you can do too help your mum and make this as easy for her and yourself as possible but I just wanted too let you know that you and your mother are in my thoughts and im sending you all my best, the chances are high that everything will be okay there is many, many people who beat cancer

I'm a 23 year old female too and my mum had a cancer scare earlier this year, she had numerous breast tumours and it was honestly the worst agonising wait too see if they were benign or not, that was scary enough can't imagine how your feeling, positive thoughts go far though.. Stay strong xx

As for the flu shot, I have only ever had one and I was cornered by this nurse while pregnant with my 2nd baby and at the antenatal clinic and she made me feel really guilty about not getting it and said how it will protect my baby for the first 6 months of his life etc. so I caved and got it and some few days later suffered through the worst flu of my life, while being heavily pregnant so yeah never again!!! Everyone I know gets the flu after the shot without fail, its mainly more older people (50+) who I know that get it and it could be coincidence but I doubt it, however in your situation the benefits outweigh the risks and it would be much better if you got the shot than potentially give your mum a nasty flu through flu season while her health is already fragile.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I STRONGLY suggest you look up thread on ATS called

Radiation and Cancer, you don't have to die I didn't

You better hurry before stage 4,

if you can't find it using ATS search function, use Google to find that thread

HURRY

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Chemo kills. Cannabis oil. Try it.

It didn't kill me. It saved my life and millions like me.

It didn't kill me either or many other members of ATS who are still here because of chemo. It's not very nice, but I'd rather be alive than dead. I had the flu shot lastweek just as I have for the past 4 years. It's not really worth the risk of getting flu, with a weakened immune system. This year I did feel a bit ill for 24hrs, but not that bad really. I'm just giving you an honest answer. Stick with the advice of your doctors and clinicians. Not the advice of anonymous conspiracy theorists on a website when it comes to medical treatments.
Just be there for your mum, be positive and encouraging, look into
some alternative treatments that will make your mum feel better and more relaxed. I've had reiki a few times and meditatate and do yoga just simple things that stop me stressing and worrying
edit on 26-11-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
thanks everyone

yeah, i just got back from the stupid shot--and so far so good haha

She has breast cancer--DCIS and also had a malignant tumor which they already removed during lumpectomy but it hadn't metastasized. I guess she has some weird genetic marker and that's why she is going to get chemo to reduce chances of recurrence. I cautioned her against chemo also, since I'd rather go a more natural route personally but she made her own choice which is legit. Yeah I agree on the cannabis oil--as would she--but we live in wisconsin where it is still illegal unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
please whatever you do don't get the flu shot and dont get chemo there are natural ways to heal cancer!! first is an alkaline body GO VEGAN! and the soursop fruit. please please avoid big pharma at all costs, take matters into your hands. sending vibrations your way, infinite love!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I cautioned her against chemo also, since I'd rather go a more natural route personally but she made her own choice which is legit.

Before I had cancer, I always said I would go the natural route and never do chemo and radiation. I have to tell you, when you are sitting in that office with a diagnosis of an aggressive cancer, you can change your mind pretty fast. I thought do I really want to take my chances with those things, or go the route of millions of others who have survived from receiving chemo and radiation. I chose the chemo and radiation and survived.

My husband and I had a friend who used the cannabis oil and he has passed away anyway. Cancers are tricky and different for everyone. There are no gaurentees, only chances.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join