It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have someones lost wallet...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

You have to send it back even if it is for your own peace of mind . I know myself if i lost my wallet i would become a non person . In fact i could not even legally work . The problem is to start getting all the licences back i need the first picture id licence to get the ball rolling . If it was my wallet i would honestly say keep the money . Well unless it was thousands . lol .

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It is absolutely stupid to use a credit card that has been found, because that is the same as it being stolen at that point, which is illegal. And it is super-easy to get caught if one walks into a store and uses it...considering stores have cameras, and it doesn't take much police work to get a picture of the perpetrators. So tell your sister that you might have saved her from going to jail. How much money are we talking about here? Some people would be willing to prosecute if they knew who took the money, even after they get their wallet back. They won't be able to prove that you took it, so you should be fine, but I would not tell the guy about the money. I would just tell him that there was no money when you received it. Definitely give it back to the guy though, as most people's main concern would be their cards, ID, etc...It is a hassle to cancel cards and get new ones, and get a new driver's license. So don't waste any time, and call the guy asap.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Do the right thing and return the wallet to the owner. .....it's a sad day, when we have to hem and haw over wether to return someone's lost wallet or not.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I told them they would get in trouble if they used his credit card. He had tons of them, and he also belonged to some church of ladderday saints. He's a younger guy...didn't seem like an asshole, so I felt sorry for him.

I talked my sisters out of it, so I gave it back to them to give it back...I also told my sister to tell her friend to put the money back.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well let's hope they did the right thing .

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

No offense but since they already stole the money and planned to steal the credit cards, giving it back and hoping they do the right thing was a bit naive.

Dropping it in any post office box is the simplest thing to do.
edit on 27-11-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join