It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson Breaks His Silence: I'm Sorry, And I Would Shoot Michael Brown Again

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I believe what he is implying is that if he was presented with the same set of circumstasnces where he felt where his life was in danger such as Michael Brown punching him in the face, trying to take his gun, charging him, etc. he would do it again. I think your thread title should contain the caveat "Darren Wilson Breaks His Silence: I'm Sorry, And I Would Shoot Michael Brown Again, if faced with the exact same circumstances". Watch the whole interview to get the proper context.

edit on 26-11-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If YOU believe in a Higher power Guiding and or Overseeing the SOULS here TRULY believe , then you tend to conduct yourself in a manner as if you know there will be a period beyond this perceived reality of which your actions here WILL be evaluated upon so that you can Ascend where you wish to be...

If you do not truly believe then...

The human souls do not carry a skin complexion but they do tend to carry identifiable frequencies, please remember this and what frequency your soul may resonate on.

God Bless their Souls

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: NoAngel2u

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

He may have thought if the next punch knocked him out, then Brown would have his gun.

well if he was hit like this i would agree :

but it would appear if he was hit it was more like this

How was he to know the next punch wouldn't have been like

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I would not have a problem if the first two shots would have landed better. We all hear how wilson was hurt and could not take another blow and how he was overmatched. then being injured with help on the way he somehow manages to cover 150ft and force the situation further. Those things are contridictory and are not police procedure. Procedure is to save lives and his actions after the car were not what is taught today to officers. if brown would not have been a thug this would not have happened. if wilson had waited a minute or two for backup then things would not be burning today.

One is either injured to the point of not being able to handle another blow or one is able to chase a suspect 150ft and kill him. it does not work both ways. not to mention how we hear nothing of where the second suspect was. Again it is not procedure to chase the suspect givin the injuries and multiple suspects. If they were true thugs wilson would be dead by gunshots cause they would both be armed. wilson did not know that at the time and put himself in grave danger.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Truthbadger
a reply to: LibertyPD32

Yea man, us white people get harrassed and shot by cops daily man. WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE THE WHITE MAN ALONE?

/sarcasm.

I'm white and can tell you several stories of harrassment from law enforcement. I have no criminal record to blame either. But the fact remains that I have been - twice - targeted by cops for no good reason. One held a gun to my head and told my companions that he was going to kill me and put a throwaway gun in my hand and that nobody would believe their story over his. This happened because I was coarse enough to inform the officer that he was illegally searching my backpack.

He also stole several items that day, from my backpack, and laughed about it.

The second time, a local cop started arresting me on trumped up charges literally every time I left my house. He would wait at the end of the street I lived on. This went on for about two weeks. I went to jail four times during that period and had to bond out. In court the judge threw everything out.

Years later I discovered the reason. I had begun dating a woman who had, previously, been having an affair with the officer. She cut him off when she and I began dating. He was seeking revenge.

It does happen top people of all races.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No Michael put them both in danger when he instigated the physical altercation.

It's cause and effect. Adrenaline doesn't always induce logic. Quiet the opposite right?

His job was to pursue the suspect(now offender). He was now without question a violent criminal who had just committed assault and attempted murder.

He pursued mike 150 ft. Blood drops show Michael then turned around and advanced back to the 125 ft mark where he was taken out. No shots to the back.

What should have happened???

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

One is either injured to the point of not being able to handle another blow or one is able to chase a suspect 150ft and kill him. it does not work both ways. .

this is true cause you say so?
BS on that

in several of my amateur fights i have been in a situation where i dont think i could have handled even 1 more strike...i was able to trap and hold for 20 seconds to ride it out till the bell.

you saying this like this does not make it so...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wilson was in a situation that required backup. From his own words he could not take one more blow. Training is what over rules adriniline. He was out numbered by for all he knew were two armed suspects. He put his own life at risk and those in the area. Do you really want an officer that is one blow from being his last to be firing his weapon? Yes the two criminals started the situation but through not following procedure wilson now has the blood of two fbi agents on his hands.

If he would have assesed the situation properly when there was distance between them he would have waited for back up. None of the logic he used makes sense. You all ignore the fact that his actions goes against training and in future situations will result in more deaths that could be avoided if he is not called out on his decision making.

All responsibility that was on the two criminals shoulders went to wilson when he being injured and back up was on the way he choose to run down one of two possibly armed suspects while not knowing if the other was out to kill him too. He made poor choices and now america is paying for it while ignoring facts that show police procedure was not followed.

this is not mma fight
edit on 26-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No, who ever pulled the trigger is responsible. I am not a supporter of police, you can take a look at my post history and see that. But, unless you've been in the exact same situation, or were actually there when it happened, it is impossible for you to say whether he was right or wrong. A Grand Jury decided he committed no crime. Would you want to be tried in the court of public opinion if this had happened to you?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

not impossible cause i done it right above you.
i am a supporter of police and can see clearly how he broke procedure and warrented a serious review of his decision making process. When you are surrounded as he was by two suspects possibly armed you wait for back up. this is taught and known in police training. at the least we can say that if the two were out to kill wilson and would have been armed then he would be dead because he left cover to give chase and he had a suspect at the rear of the vehicle and wilson gave him his backside. if this was a academy training exercise then wilson would have failed. there is a valid reason for the protest. why? because there is a killer on the loose.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I understand what you are trying to say, but what I don't understand is why wasn't non-lethal methods utilised? Why couldn't he just wait for back up in his patrol car from a safe distance? Even if he lost sight of Brown, surely LE could follow the blood trail?

So you are suggesting he wait and then a group of cops can follow the blood trail? lol Do you think there is anywhere in America that would do this, or even in the world?

edit on 27-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If he would have assesed the situation properly when there was distance between them he would have waited for back up. None of the logic he used makes sense. You all ignore the fact that his actions goes against training and in future situations will result in more deaths that could be avoided if he is not called out on his decision making.

All responsibility that was on the two criminals shoulders went to wilson when he being injured and back up was on the way he choose to run down one of two possibly armed suspects while not knowing if the other was out to kill him too. He made poor choices and now america is paying for it while ignoring facts that show police procedure was not followed.

You assume all cops are trained well, or take the training well. This guy had never been in a confrontation like this before, so who knows how he will react. You can't train out fight or flight responses without actually triggering it, and I would bet my bottom dollar this was his first fight or flight response situation. Being prior military, in the battle zone you learn to deal with this since its there all the time, and one finds that after awhile you are actually calm and collective in a gun battle. The vast majority of cops are not this way and will do stupid things.

In the end all one can say is he didn't follow protocol exactly, but the situation still warranted deadly force.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Years later I discovered the reason. I had begun dating a woman who had, previously, been having an affair with the officer. She cut him off when she and I began dating. He was seeking revenge.

It does happen top people of all races.

The difference is today he would have mostly likely shot you and put a drop gun in your hand than just threaten about it...hehe

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

what is the purpose of training? So that by repetition training will overcome adrineline. yes cops are trained and continue to recieve training. wilson stated he did not know if the two were armed. most would see the need to be aware of surroundings and take into all likely possibilities like the second criminal crouched behind a vehicle. if the two wer real thugs wilson would have been gunned down. yes you wait a couple minutes for help and then get them. the situation was diffused for the moment and brown was not really hiding himself as to allude the officer. visual contact could have been maintained while waiting and figuring out about the second one at your back. instead he charged a possibly armed suspect while giving his back to a second possibly armed suspect. wilson was not in fer but anger ruled the scene.

I get what you are saying but the situation that required deadly force had been diffused and the officer refuled the situation when he charged the suspect.
edit on 27-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

what is the purpose of training? So that by repetition training will overcome adrineline.

You are wrong...

The purpose of training is to do something without the need to think it though first. You are mixing up the training/experience of an MMA fighter, Boxer or even a street fighter with that of the typical Martial Artist type training. All can be highly trained but the first three actually train using the flight or fight response that typical Martial Artist AND cops do not train with. Kind of comparing a cop to a soldier that spent a year fighting in Afghanistan. The cop may never use his weapon in 20 years in a real situation where the soldier it could be common event.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

ok i dis agree a bit but anyone out there would have to question where both the suspects are and not focus on just one. that comes natural.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

ok i dis agree a bit but anyone out there would have to question where both the suspects are and not focus on just one. that comes natural.

Ya, I don't know, but it was just one suspect that attacked him right? I don't think Brown was a suspect any longer after the first round of attacks as he entered a whole new category of very dangerous, and not just a suspect of stealing cigs.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thank you. You summed it up well.

Police brutality and harassment cuts across
all racial lines. Cops are predators, and like any predator, they target prey that they think is weaker and has a lower chance of fighting back. Mainly, not having money. Because they know if you don't have money, you probably can't afford a lawyer and thus, will be an easy catch for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

we would know for sure if it would have went to trial in some form but some reports being touted is that the little guy had him by the leg. other statments say that after the first shots the second perp hid behind a nearby car in a crouching position. I am not saying that i judge this to be murder but that more than enough probale cause is found that some form of open investigation should be taking place at the very least to avoid the outlash of the public and give real closure to the event.

at the very least imo this officer should not be policing the streets anymore cause his actions very well could break the bank of his employers or lead to his own demise or other victims. He got lucky that both of them were not out for blood and yes people make mistakes.

Does anyone remember now a couple yrs back when this same town was top of msm because their choice to take a zero tolerence stance with the public in the future. That is around the same time this officer was hired and we were hearing then the calls of extreme racism in the town annd the warnings of this event was on many tounges at the time then we went back to sleep.

also it is stated that the officer made first contact to the perp from inside his vehicle. that is definitly not protocall to try and subdue a person while you are still sitting down. so many bad choices but somehow the cop is ok. other forces at work
edit on 27-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join