It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ager Now Born-Again Christian Testimony (Read this if you hold a pagan belief system)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Like many others from the new age movement, I have come to accept that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior. I used to mock Christianity and I used to buy into the deception surrounding it. If you are open minded, as being new age would suggest, you can at least watch this video. It is extremely relevant to the life you are living!

Any thoughts?
(Please don't turn this into a thread SOLELY for the hate of Christianity.. I'm not talking about anyone in particular just seems to be the general theme of ATS in regards to Christian threads. If you don't like it you don't have to read it or post)

Peace
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Okay. I read it. I still hold a pagan belief system. What now?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Okay. I read it. I still hold a pagan belief system. What now?

Watch the video.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am sorry, I'm sure you are a lovely person but born again Christians are the most annoying christians, I started watching the video, but stopped at the point about a minute in where he said yoga n a derogatory voice, I stopped there as I don't have time to watch the rest, gotta get kids ready for school, maybe I watch tonight if insomnia gets me and maybe you will have converted me but I don't think so. Enjoy your day and Allah blesses you.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Omg...does that mean I should stop my Pilates?...Pilate!!!

Å99

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yeah... about that. I got to the part where he said yoga can lead to a demon infestation and started laughing. No thanks OP but I'm not an idiot. I think I'll stick to being an evil evil pagan.

Kallisti

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I also hold a pagan belief system, and the video did little to change my mind.

Why?

Because I have a deep respect and faith in spirituality, and Christianity is a path to find one's own spirituality. It is as valid a path as Paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism or the Islamic faith. They are all paths that seek to enlighten.

You see, I wasn't born into paganism. My mother was a spiritualist, with a very moral and ethical code that derived straight out of her Catholic upbringing. She passed it down to me. I follow all the commandants, as I promised my Grandfather before his passing when I told him of my pagan path. As a pagan, I celebrate all the Christian holidays with my family. There is no separation or conflict with my honoring Christ and the stories of the bible, and honoring the older pagan religions that celebrate the Earth. I see all religions as a beautiful tapestry, woven together. Each thread of that tapestry (religion) is a different color, and our task is to find which one calls to our spirituality and most uplifts us.

Once humanity can set aside their differences in their ideology, and instead seek to find what connects us all together. We will progress in consciousness. My Pagan self salutes and honors your Christian self.

Blessed Be,
CirqueDeTruth

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There once was a missionary
others said how can he dare he
spreaded lies and he refused
to read oh how he seemed confused
we asked how can we believe
there is smarter dirt beneath my feet
than what you say oh
do I believe you oh no
that would make me dumber dude
it's more fun to state the truth
than run after some shallow priest
I read and I dare to think at least
all alone and foohohohr myself
got dear friends on my book shelf
did you ever meet them?
je suis une femme!
yet my mind is open free
to explore the web without a fee
I am okay you won't agree
while I stay free, free, free!

Wrote you a song, hope you enjoy it

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yoga as i understand it its just more depth into stretching your body in type of meditative manner and so it will create more calm spirit as do proper stretching right?
I am not saying hes experiences have been false but i think hes problems comes from those other things he has no real understanding but just going with the flow, listening to ppl who clearly want just gain from him and what i studied about new age religion or whaeva its called, they are all about money and creating followers to gain more money and power, they most likely have much more sinister plans as well but i have no interest to study that sh1t.
Simply put i see that they have punch of good things to draw ppl in need of help and then push hard the rest of their agendas with different methods and obviously much of the "advanced" knowledge from them cost insane amount of money and devotion and those who are desperate enough (which i think are quite many these days) might bite the scam.

Similar stuff with tarot reading and some of the astrological theories, they are to get ppl false hope to buy their way to secret of universe and our human experience, many ppl are gullible enough or just so depressed etc about their life that they might bite into it but in all fairness many if not all religions today use similar methods for personal gain and some sort of war against other religions etc.

Dangers are real in these scams, ones with innocent seek of help will open their hearts, spirit, wallets and get stuffed with false hope and disgusting energies from these "false prophets" and then they will be even more confused and lost.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

A succubus came to me in my sleep last night and told me that the mythos of the Elder Scrolls universe is more or less true and that she is Meridia. While I was trying to figure out the puzzlebox on her chastity belt, she stabbed me for being an imbecile, but I think she did it lovingly more or less. ;p

I'm sorry, but you all must convert to the cult of Hermaeus Mora. He and Meridia are entering this cosmos in about 20 seconds via an Oblivion gate in order to end the reign of the undead here in this dimension and we're about to mess some things up.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I watched a good portion of the video and now im going to mock both Christianity and new age freaks....

Besides of all the religions out there the old Germanic Pagan religions like Odin and stuff is so much cooler....Odin has my vote if I have to pick one. But hey...to each their own..whatever brings you happiness makes me happy.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have a great deal of respect for any individuals personal path to enlightenment, however, I also believe it is a violation of a moral if not spiritual law to interfere with the consciousness of another without their invitation to discuss their beliefs.

I have never had a new ager make an unwelcome foray into my personal space where as many Christians do this on a regular basis. Why?

You will generally find me supporting Christians, but not in their attempts to gain converts or proselytize.
edit on 2014/11/25 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What is amazing is if you actually investigate each group or religious belief with no pre-conceived notions, and try to understand what they believe and more importantly, why, then you come to understand that all of us are on a journey and taking different paths, but looking for essentially the same thing.

To call anything "satanic" or "evil" simply because you don't understand it is, well, idiotic is the nicest way I can say that.

Since you seem to be in a "Jesus Christ" frame of mind, I challenge you to study a bit about what Jesus did during the time the Bible lost track of him. Some say, he traveled around learning about different cultures and different beliefs, so he could better understand all of us. A noble task if even I hear of one.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm smart enough to know that Jesus crushed many Gods, so were safe....

Cause it Jesus.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I got news for you. If a Youtube video was enough to convince someone to doubt their faith and then convert to Christianity, then their faith was never very strong. You gotta try harder than that...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I watched about half of the video before my phone stopped streaming. I have to say, what that man discribes as demon possession is exactly what happened to my friend, through "merkavah meditation". These people think its a game, but it isnt. Like he said, New Age is the spiritual glue of the NWO. Whoever thinks that all "paths" lead to the same destination is believing a lie. There is only one truth, told from one perspective (that of God's):

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There are three kinds of responses, related to this verse.
1) The kind who will mock me for quoting it (you are really mocking Christ) out of spiritual insecurity.
2) The kind who will ignore it and move on.
3) And, the kind who will take the time to investigate my claim.

Ask God for the truth, and search for it. You will find it if you ask.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I watched about half of the video before my phone stopped streaming. I have to say, what that man discribes as demon possession is exactly what happened to my friend, through "merkavah meditation". These people think its a game, but it isnt. Like he said, New Age is the spiritual glue of the NWO. Whoever thinks that all "paths" lead to the same destination is believing a lie. There is only one truth, told from one perspective (that of God's):

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There are three kinds of responses, related to this verse.
1) The kind who will mock me for quoting it (you are really mocking Christ) out of spiritual insecurity.
2) The kind who will ignore it and move on.
3) And, the kind who will take the time to investigate my claim.

Ask God for the truth, and search for it. You will find it if you ask.

Never trust a man or woman who says there is only ONE way, or ONE truth. That is fanaticism.

Even scientists understand this isn't true. Theory of Relativity/Physics and Quantum Mechanics contradict each other, and yet they are both true.

Which is the correct language to speak? English? Spanish? Chinese? They are all proper, under the right circumstance. Likewise, there are MANY truths, because truth is relative.

Spirituality is about merging Point A (ourselves) with Point B (our destination....whether you call it God, Truth, Enlightenment, etc).

How come there only be ONE truth, when Point A is never a constant? Can you open your eyes, and see that since every human has a different point of reference, each persons truth will be thus according to his disposition?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

wait, the merkabah? haha dude that is hebrew mysticism. kabbalah? tree of life? these things are tied into the bible. as for your allegations, do you know what a smear campaign is? did you get some kind of demonic signature on paper along with a written confession? or do you just "know"?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

My friend, the sky is only blue and the grass only green. Once truth becomes a relativity, then all is lost. Science is man's limited observation. If the sciences do not harmonize, its because there is a flaw in our understanding of the truth.

Languages came from one master language, either Proto-Cainaanite or some Sumerian dialect. So our ability to communicate with others has degenerated. This is a loss of truth.
edit on 25-11-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added points

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join