It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Last night) - Totally innocent' unarmed 28yo 'accidentally' shot dead by NYPD police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Totally innocent' unarmed 28yo 'accidentally' shot dead by NYPD police

A rookie NYPD officer “accidentally” shot and killed an unarmed African-American man in a staircase in a New York apartment block. It happened as Ferguson is tensely waiting for a grand jury decision on a police officer who shot Michael Brown.

Akai Gurley, 28, and his girlfriend Melissa Butler were entering a staircase on the seventh floor in Pink House project in Brooklyn late Thursday evening when two policemen came down from the eighth floor. Peter Liang and his partner, Shaun Landau were doing a top-to-bottom patrol. Liang, a rookie on probationary assignment, fired a shot in Gurley’s chest without a warning,

Butler said. “They didn’t present themselves or nothing and shot him,” Butler told DNAinfo New York. “As soon as he came in, the police opened the [door to the] eighth-floor staircase. They didn’t identify themselves at all. They just shot.”

Ok, soooooo last night on an upstiars downstairs kind'a encounter one cop pulls a gun and shoots a man while his girlfriend (and 2 year old?) look on.
But - it was an accident. Oh ok...

Well, whad-a-ya think about that.

And the timing can't be anything but - coincidental - considering the release of the Ferguson decision.

Something really stinks here...but at least have this admission.

"What happened last night was a very unfortunate tragedy,'' police commissioner Bill Bratton said in a statement. "The deceased is totally innocent. He just happened to be in the hallway. He was not engaged in any criminal activity.''

I hope that's enough.

peace
edit on 24-11-2014 by silo13 because: add bold

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yo you are late as hell with this post lol

where ya been living lately

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There's A LOT being left out in this story for the sake of sensationalism.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

Well blame the search engine, lol! I tried!

Can you point me to the original thread so I can go visit there?

As for where I've been living lately? Not in this cess pool obviously.

Thanks!

peace
edit on 24-11-2014 by silo13 because: add bold

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join