It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you do? 1 million for sure VS 50% chance for 100 million

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So I saw this and it brought up quite the stir in my house.

What would you do? Take the single million or risk it all for 100 times that?

I would take the risk and try to get the 100 million.

A million is allot but chances are you will spend it and then some leaving you in some debt depending how good you are with money.

With 100 million I could change the world.

I would run for freaking office. Start a foundation that peruses my goals and interests...build a fort in international waters on an island and fund a private army. LOL

I wouldnt just chill with 100 million. I would work tirelessly to make every penny count towards something with a higher purpose. Day and night every day until I die. With just a million I would try to hold onto it as much as possible.

edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Taxed or untaxed? It would influence my decision...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

already taxed and clean take home. Well lets say all taxes are already taken out so you dont have to hide it, and the end result for you would be those exact amounts.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I may just take the guaranteed cash at that point. It more than covers my outstanding mortgage balance, which is my only debt, and leaves me with a fairly hefty surplus.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm not lucky like that so...I'd take the guaranteed million. Then work with that to invest to make more.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The sure 1 million without a doubt.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'd take the 1 million. I'm not much of a gambler, and that much would be more than enough to set me up how I'd like to be for the rest of my life, including a hefty sum for my kid's future as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sure thing. You can always invest, buy property and increase your money. If I took the chance and lost..whew. I'd be beating myself up for the rest of my life over "coulda been". Besides, I can have my dream life for far less than 1 million.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Who needs 100m...

Red button all day.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A bird in the hand....

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Good question. Considering that a million would enable me to invest in some business ideas that are presently unobtainable for me, I'd go for the guaranteed million, but if I were to approach this purely logically, it is tempting to go for the $50 Million.

If we assume that there are an infinite number of multiverses, would I rather choose a situation where all of my possible selves had $1 Million at that point in time or am I willing to accept a situation where only half of them have $100 Million. I know that sounds crazy, but that is honestly the way I think about probabilities in my real life. Maybe I play things too cautiously due to this methodology...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Easy for me, I would take the sure thing - the million. If I took the chance at the 50 million and lost, it would bother the hell out of me until the day I died. I'm not a gambling man.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Id take the million, plenty for what id need, house with bit of land, a off road powerchair, new truck and
some goats!!a reply to: tadaman

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't have anything now, so it isn't like I'm losing anything. I'd give the green button a go. I am either back where I started, or YAY ME!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Although I'm unsure about the variables of my retirement, I'd go for the 100 million. I just feel lucky. I could do SO much good with 100 million.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

You and I are the only ones...LOL

I think the same way. I am not a gambler but I think the million would be for yourself, whereas the 100 million would be for the world.

I am not concerned with my life that much. I am fine where I am at trying to scrape a living. BUT if I could be great, I would take that risk and do something Titanic.

a reply to: argentus
exactly.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I would take the certain million. It would get me out of debt and give me a fresh start, one that I fear I will never have absent some kind of windfall like this.

A hundred million would be amazing, but I'd gladly give up the chance at that obscene amount for the certainty of being able to get out of this ever-growing and soul-crushing black hole and to finally have some hope for my future.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
1 million for sure.

link   
The only way I would press the green button would be if I already had a hundred million to begin with.

link   
"A bird in the hand it worth two in the bush"

I would take the guaranteed 1 million and disappear into the forest somewhere. My dream is to live off the grid and a million would hook me up with a cabin and land to do it right.

edit on 2014/11/23 by Metallicus because: Added 2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join