It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a collection of infographics on quantum physics, q. biology, and q. mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
over my time here at ATS i have curated and produced a number of infographics concerning the subject of quantum mechanics, quantum biology, the nature of intelligence, consciousness maps, etc.

the following is a collection of these graphics. i have placed them into an ordering which i think will lead the viewer to a logical progression of concepts.

of course, if you have any questions you may respond here or contact me, or even better, just hunt back through my thread history.

thank you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19409041fbbf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Thank you for the post since I am interested in microtubules.

To point out I do not know how the golden wave looks like in science and is described.

But I still question the above picture that the wave function always is the golden mean wave. Since I do not think the field is always the same and can therefore be different from an optimal golden mean wave if that is the optimal. In a biological machines/nature the fields are not always optimal.

I do find the synchronicity interesting what I find when I Google "golden mean wave" cancer and get the idea that cancer in fact can be an distortion in the wave pattern from the "golden mean wave".

books.google.se... I&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ix9yVLyNFev9ywOuioKYAw&ved=0CCAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22golden%20mean%20wave%22%20cancer&f=false

Namaste.
edit on 23-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

In this post I described a chaotic eigenfunction which may be closer to what you are describing as a distortion on the golden mean. This image is the best I can find on what such a chaotic eigenfunction would look like.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I came across this video yesterday, thought it was pretty interesting, the visible wave forms, what do you think of it, at least a base level of cool aye?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

The video you found has, in my opnion, more actual science than all this New Age pseudoscience about "quantum mind".

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sorry OP, I love you but I need to point out what real science has to say about all that stuff.

"quantum" pseudoscience :

Quantum mysticism is a set of metaphysical beliefs and associated practices that seek to relate consciousness, intelligence, or mystical world-views to the ideas of quantum mechanics and its interpretations.[1][2][3][4][5][6] Quantum mysticism is considered by many scientists and philosophers to be pseudoscience[7][8][9] and "quackery".[10]

The 2004 film What the Bleep Do We Know!? dealt with a range of New Age ideas in relation to physics. It was produced by the Ramtha School of Enlightenment, founded by J.Z. Knight, who said that her teachings were based on a discourse with a 35,000-year-old disembodied entity named Ramtha. It made controversial use of some aspects of quantum mechanics—including the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and the observer effect—as well as biology and medicine.[27] Numerous critics dismissed the film for its use of pseudoscience.[28][29]

quantum quackery

“quantum” became a buzzword used to buttress the trendy, pseudoscientific spirituality that characterizes this movement.4

I am really, so sorry, but "quantum biology", "quantum mind", along with "quantum buddhism" and "quantum collective consciousness", is considered pseudoscience at its best, as they arose from New Agers completely misunderstanding Quantum processes, but nevertheless propagating the misunderstanding around, turning a deaf ear to the scientists' attempts to correct them.

edit on 23-11-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I beg your pardon sir. I am a graduate level student of nanoscience at the University of Utah. I know plenty of god damn science. What I have posted here especially in my previous threads is very well researched. Especially the image from Xia Nano tubesis directly from a science paper.

not to be rude, I love your threads here. But perhaps you are the one who should get with real science.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
em.utah.e eplythought ght-nazisquane. 3]swanne[/post]

also, I have plenty of research science articles concerning quantum biology. Biologists in general are becoming quite disillusioned by the current paradigm of physics telling biology what to do. This is not the proper way quite simply there are phenomena in play in biology which is going to be teaching physics a thing or two.

I may post some of these articles if you wish. There is a recent one in particular concerning the quantum identity of the citric acid cycle which is the best and possibly only explanation 4 abiogenesis that I have ever read.

I have really grown quite tired of the quantum-thought-nazis

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I HATE "what the bleep".

give me some credit man.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

the stable waveforms in that video are very good examples of stability arising in a chaotic system. This is a subject I know you have questioned me on quite a bit in the past. Chaos theory and chaos in general does not refer to this order. It refers to the spontaneous manifestation of stability in disordered systems. Great video.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Simply pointing out the actual position of scientists regarding "quantum consciousness".

I'll be going now, I fear my input here might not receive as much consideration as I would hope.

Good luck,

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't mean to shut you out, friend. It's just that I so often have to deal with this type of attitude. I am certain that you have plenty to add of value to this topic. I am sorry. Thanks for everything.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp
It's just that I so often have to deal with this type of attitude.

Well, I certainly understand the feeling. You probably already saw my threads in physics.

I am sorry. Thanks for everything.

Don't be sorry - I am to blame. I just wanted to make sure no misconceptions were being propagated. They are so popular... They are even being fed on tv, to millions of viewers, and viewers end up believing in these misconceptions more than they do in the actual QM... This just drives me crazy.

No hard feelings, I apologize for my behaviour.

Nice graphics, BTW. You made these?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Why wouldnt the mind be of quantum nature? if the underlying foundation, fundamental basis of reality, or at least the universe, is a quantum foundation, this demands that all that is 'larger' than quantum, is composed, of none other (there is nothing other than quantum) than quantum, and the subsequent quantitative and qualitative interactions of lesser and greater stability of what the quantum nature creates as it interacts with itself at various regions.

Is an electron a quanta, a quantum particle? Are there electrons in the mind? Is light or EM radiation a quantum phenomenon? Does the mind utilize EM radiation? How then, does the mind not have a quantum nature?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Quantum Model is used to explain phenomenas whose size is the quantum scale - bigger objects, from planets to neurones, can be explained using simple classical physics. QM actually stops being accurate when it comes to such objects, just like classical physics do not work on things of the quantum scale.

Look at it this way: do your neurtones in your brain disappear when someone else is not looking at them? Me neither. Heisenberg's Uncertainty makes sense for particles - not for a whole planet, or a neurone.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Quantum Model is used to explain phenomenas whose size is the quantum scale - bigger objects, from planets to neurones, can be explained using simple classical physics. QM actually stops being accurate when it comes to such objects, just like classical physics do not work on things of the quantum scale.

Look at it this way: do your neurtones in your brain disappear when someone else is not looking at them? Me neither. Heisenberg's Uncertainty makes sense for particles - not for a whole planet, or a neurone.

You didnt attempt to answer my questions, and I do not believe in such woo as the "moon stops existing when I stop looking at it" NON SENSE.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Currently at work.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to: swanne

QM actually stops being accurate when it comes to such objects, just like classical physics do not work on things of the quantum scale

this is an inaccurate misconception about quantum theory. The only reason that everyone says that it is true is because the mathematics have not yet been developed for hire systems. Most physicists and mathematicians seem to have no imagination. Not surprising.

All that needs to happen is too rescale the h-baconstant, which really is just a statistical standard deviation measure.so we will need to find an appropriate measure for each level of the macrocosm. The functions of quantum mechanics can just as easily describe the politics of left vs right which are quantized versions of what are really spectra of political opinions. No one person identifies with the true definition, nevertheless, we have a standard measure in use which is indeed quantized as Democrat or Republican. See, easy.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I only made a handful of them. Quite a few are clipped from science papers.the Adam and Eve drawing is of my own work and I am most proud of it.a brief pondering of its content I think would prove useful in understanding consciousness maps, as long as the person is willing to compare it to their own experience of reality and not some artificial necessarily scientific definition which doesnt even exist, as you have pointed out.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: swanneexist ly to: swanne

here is something to chew on regarding the mathematical framework necessary to place the mind I its proper context....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/753792344357.jpg[/atsimg]

from the book "Quantum Theoretic Machines".

august stern ttells us. The mind is made up of between seven and nine topological twists Ahla mobius strip one sidedness and that these twists are located at certain superposed nervous ganglia where the signals get crossed and induce coherence. these crosses are successively nestled one within the next and thus exponentially increasing system complexity. these are his mathematical tools he has developed in order to describe these.

he also gives us the following image to illustrate the symbolic complexity of quantum mind and it is his way of showing how a nonlinear wavefunction can arise and "float above" the quantized linear combination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join