It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leylines and abductions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth that is a good idea staroth mmm how we would find out beats me, we would need his abduction cords and some local ley line expert I think?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ryan2010
You're still not using the ex tags this site requires, it's not hard to click the cloud icon when you compose your message (which creates the EX tags, or you can type them manually without using the cloud icon), see the following:

Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** by springer MANDATORY 3 DAY POST BAN on the first offense

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS by Skeptic Overlord: Violations to these guidelines are subject to immediate post removal or thread deletion.

If you don't include the source and the tags, making work of others look like your own is a form of plagiarism.

In this case since the material you cited is ignorant it also makes you look ignorant if you don't make it clear it's not your material, for example:

A ley-line is a straight fault line in the earth’s tectonic plates; this is a scientific fact.
This is false, it is not a scientific fact, a ley line has nothing to do with faults or plate tectonics but rather "places of interest":

Ley lines

Ley lines are hypothetical alignments between a number of places of geographical interest.
So hypothetical means even the existence of them isn't scientific fact, the idea is not only unproven but highly criticized:

Ley lines

One criticism of Watkins' ley line theory states that given the high density of historic and prehistoric sites in Britain and other parts of Europe, finding straight lines that "connect" sites is trivial, and ascribable to coincidence. A statistical analysis of lines concluded that "the density of archaeological sites in the British landscape is so great that a line drawn through virtually anywhere will 'clip' a number of sites."

Eighty 4-point alignments of 137 random points. The graphic illustrates the idea that straight lines between any number of points can be due to chance and not to design.

hopefully the members can get some information now on ley lines
Here is some information on ley lines. As the above graphic illustrates, it's a misconception to think that alignment of multiple random points is more than coincidence. With enough points some of them are going to line up just by chance, this doesn't give any significance to the so called "lines".

There is basically no scientific confirmation of ley lines that I've ever seen, and your source saying they are a scientific fact is not supported by any scientific papers. Even the idea that they are ancient trade routes, while possible, is merely hypothetical and not scientifically proven. Here's some more real information about ley lines, more accurate than the pseudoscience source:

Ley lines are alleged alignments of ancient sites or holy places, such as stone circles, standing stones, cairns, and churches.

Today, ley lines have been adopted by New Age occultists everywhere as sources of power or energy, attracting not only curious New Agers but aliens in their UFOs and locals with their dowsing rods. These New Age occultists believe that there are certain sites on the earth which are filled with special "energy." Stonehenge, Mt. Everest, Ayers Rock in Australia, Nazca in Peru, the Great Pyramid at Giza, Sedona (Arizona), Mutiny Bay, among other places, are believed to be places of special energy. There is no evidence for this belief save the usual subjective certainty based on uncontrolled observations by untutored devotees.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur I can only apoligize so many times, have you thought that there might be really dumb people on ATS like myself, who still cant work out how to do things properly? if ATS want to ban me from the site for not following rules then im ok with that. Now if your done comparing brain pans il get back to my looking to see if travis Walton was on or near a ley line when he was taken.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's much more likely that Walton made up the story of his abduction to collect $5000, than it being a real story. There are too many problems with it outlined here:

Travis Walton

You've shown you can make an external link, so if you can do that you can definitely use the EX tags also. If you spend more time reading the links I provided about that, and less time apologizing, I'm sure you'll get it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

edit on 25-11-2014 by ryan2010 because: delete

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ryan2010
a reply to: Arbitrageur I can only apoligize so many times, have you thought that there might be really dumb people on ATS like myself, who still cant work out how to do things properly? if ATS want to ban me from the site for not following rules then im ok with that. Now if your done comparing brain pans il get back to my looking to see if travis Walton was on or near a ley line when he was taken.

Take any two geographic points of interest to you. Just to make it fun, make sure both points have something that could be strung to a conspiracy theory, it helps if there is some distance between them. Draw a line between them and voila, based on how some people choose to define it, there is your ley line - if you allowed enough distance, look at all the other places that may be between the two points and start building your theory.

Ley line as a term didn't exist until the early 20th century, there is absolutely, utterly no historical evidence that they were acknowledged prior to that. It's new age pap. The most common understanding is that they may mark where a procession or pilgramage took place, basically moving from A to C, possibly resting overnight at B. That's it, that really is it, anything else is just someone desperately trying to sell a book.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted thank you all for your thoughts on this ley line topic iv learned I lot through all your knowledge on the subject. And thank you all for your patience with my rule breaking posting, I still haven't got it right but im working on it

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Just use the cloud icon when posting other people's work...
Simple.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Well you're a little bit of a downer today? LOL

noticed you didn't mitigate the Dowsers, so all isn't lost.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
It's much more likely that Walton made up the story of his abduction to collect $5000, than it being a real story. There are too many problems with it outlined here:

Travis Walton

You've shown you can make an external link, so if you can do that you can definitely use the EX tags also. If you spend more time reading the links I provided about that, and less time apologizing, I'm sure you'll get it.

it is actually not 'likely' at all...
i realize that this is a difficult thing for most to conceive of, but in fact, travis was taken in plain sight of witnesses..and, this is not just 'surfing the web' but due to first hand knowledge of this abduction

op, you very likely are correct in theorizing that there are ley lines in and around that area. i used to live about twenty miles from snowflake(where the abduction occurred)and i can tell you that soon after i moved there, neighbors were coming to me and saying that the real ley lines were not in sedona, but in that area(tho i do think sedona has something going on for sure
) that area, apache and navajo counties, has one of the highest amount of sightings in the southwest, and the four corners has it's share also(another possible 'ley line?)

i like you theory, and you are also correct when you suggest that the ets may implement the use of the occult; however, it may be in this particular case, the ley lines are more energy that can be used, perhaps even to open a 'portal' to make traveling easier..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: julia53

i realize that this is a difficult thing for most to conceive of, but in fact, travis was taken in plain sight of witnesses

Actually the witnesses drove away and were all scared. When they came back, Travis was gone. That's like saying someone disappeared into thin air when you are in a room together and after you leave the room and come back, they are gone. Most of the time they just went to the bathroom or something. Nobody saw him get taken.
edit on 26-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
Correct.

originally posted by: julia53
i realize that this is a difficult thing for most to conceive of, but in fact, travis was taken in plain sight of witnesses..and, this is not just 'surfing the web' but due to first hand knowledge of this abduction
And why did none of the witnesses ever report seeing Walton abducted? The case was well publicized and such a claim would have come to light had it been made.

Your claim of having secret first-hand knowledge of some unspecified witness making a claim that was never publicized isn't credible. It's not hard for me to believe someone could be taken in plain sight of other witnesses, so that's not the problem. The problem is your alleged version of events having no credibility as it contradicts well publicized witness accounts.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i am sorry, i guess i do not understand? which of the witnesses said that they didn't see a craft?

i mean, i found many many sites with their testimonies..and from my understanding, mike rogers still speaks about the incident

www.ufoevidence.org...
www.travis-walton.com...

as for the rather cheeky comments about me having 'secret knowledge' i did not say that..what i did say was that i did in fact live quite close to that area, and yes, when you do, you do 'pick up' different aspects of a story that may not have had everything disclosed..you must know that so many things are skewed by the time it comes to any press, and very likely, in our day and age, the chances of knowing the whole truth from just a few sites is rather ill conceived imo

but back to the thread at hand? again, i feel that what the op said is a valid idea..and as i do believe that the travis walton case is real, and i do have first hand knowledge of that particular area and what has and is occurring there, i think that these ley lines very well may have some sort of energy that enables easy access and thus, the abductions..

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i am sorry, i guess i do not understand? which of the witnesses said that they didn't see a craft?

i mean, i found many many sites with their testimonies..and from my understanding, mike rogers still speaks about the incident

www.ufoevidence.org...
www.travis-walton.com...

as for the rather cheeky comments about me having 'secret knowledge' i did not say that..what i did say was that i did in fact live quite close to that area, and yes, when you do, you do 'pick up' different aspects of a story that may not have had everything disclosed..you must know that so many things are skewed by the time it comes to any press, and very likely, in our day and age, the chances of knowing the whole truth from just a few sites is rather ill conceived imo

but back to the thread at hand? again, i feel that what the op said is a valid idea..and as i do believe that the travis walton case is real, and i do have first hand knowledge of that particular area and what has and is occurring there, i think that these ley lines very well may have some sort of energy that enables easy access and thus, the abductions..

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: julia53

What you are describing (twice) is in fact second hand anecdotal knowledge.

First hand knowledge would be something entirely different.

So how about sharing your second hand info that conflicts with the official reports?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I drove through Snowflake AZ once in the early 90s. I was like holy crap, this is where the true story from the movie happened. What hand knowledge would that be? That's gotta be first hand.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: julia53
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.travis-walton.com...
How about citing the passage(s) from your source that you think backs up your claim? None of that backs up your claim that "travis was taken in plain sight of witnesses", does it?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I took a look at the leyline map. I'm in south east ohio. That's a bit off from a leyline (looks to be about 200 miles away). Lifelong multiple abductee here.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I took a look at the leyline map. I'm in south east ohio. That's a bit off from a leyline (looks to be about 200 miles away). Lifelong multiple abductee here.

Whether or not you are an abductee is your business, not for me to comment, but any ley line maps you have for America are a total and utter fabrication.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed on ATS live! tonight

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join