It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper facing life in prison... because there's a gun on his album cover

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This all sounds so promotional.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"That gang" refers to the San Diego Lincoln Park gang, of which Duncan is a member, according to San Diego police. According to the Times, at least 15 Lincoln Park gang members have been charged in a recent string of shootings in the city.

Well, you don't become a member of a gang without participating. This sounds like it's about more than just the album cover.

The Lincoln Park gang are Bloods. If he really is a member he's likely committed plenty of felonies, perhaps even involvement in murders. I don't think anyone would be fooled into thinking you become a Blood without participating.

I suspect there is more to this that will come out in the trial.

You see what I mean? Speculation doesn't mean, that they can put a person in prison. Imagine your neighbor is suspicious about you, because he thinks you committed a crime. He reports you and you go to jail and prosecution wants you in prison for 25 to life. It's absurd. This person has no record, yet they want him in jail for 25 to life based on their speculation and his album cover.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

cant see this standing up as NWA didnt seem to get time for their F the police album (fbi did yell at their publisher to try to stop them but failed) or ice t cop killa or sublimes 187 from the second hand smoke album

articles.latimes.com... old link from the old NWA controversy

www.nytimes.com... comparable case that led to the ruling at the link below

www.npr.org... not sure if this applies to ca as it could be a different court area then ca but some what relevant on the general case law on the matter

On Monday, the Supreme Court of New Jersey ruled on just that issue, saying that rap lyrics can't be used as evidence unless they include "a strong nexus" to the crime in question. At issue was the case of Vonte Skinner, an aspiring rapper who was convicted of attempted murder in New Jersey in 2008. Violent lyrics that Skinner had written years in advance of the crime figured heavily in his trial. In the opinion written by Justice Jaynee LaVecchia, the Supreme Court noted that rap lyrics, even those depicting acts of violence, aren't a crime. The Court also said that reading the lyrics risked "poisoning the jury" against Skinner. "One would not presume that Bob Marley, who wrote the well-known song 'I Shot the Sheriff,' actually shot a sheriff, or that Edgar Allan Poe buried a man beneath his floorboards, as depicted in his short story 'The Tell-Tale Heart,' simply because of their respective artistic endeavors on those subjects. [Skinner's] lyrics should receive no different treatment," LaVecchia wrote.
so im not sure its relevent but it could be used by the defense in theory

www.nytimes.com...
this one gives a few examples of other cases with different circumstances ie the two arrested for posing the video saying they wanted to kill the two officers who arrested them(citing specific threats in that case) so unless the guy from the OP's case named names or something like that i dont see him being convicted solely on the basis of an album cover

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I actually have no problem with this. He belongs to a gang, he runs with criminals, he does benefit. America has a gang problem, as far as I am concerned willfully joining a gang is enough. If you join a group that robs banks and you drive them around you are participating in those crimes. If you join a gang, that exists to conduct criminal activity, you are participating in those crimes.

Can we apply that same logic to anyone that works on Wall Street is a Financial Terrorist?
Lock em all up

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: baburak

I think it is a little unjust to just use an album cover for a reason to investigate a gang, but this scenario reminds me of Breaking Bad if anyone's heard of it. Where you have Hank, being the DA who knows for a fact that Gustavo Fring who owns a restaurant chain has got something unusual going on but can't find concrete legal evidence to prove they are affiliated with this illegal activity they are suspecting, seeing as though they have a guy with who is a clean well respected businessman who is at the forefront of this cartel.

I don't know much about this rapper and his affiliation to the gang but he must be the smokescreen being used for this illegal activity. You can still be a criminal and not have any record, that's just someone who's never been caught is all. If you profit, promote, fund, etc. then that is conspiracy. The DA popping this guy off of an album cover is just a petty excuse to justify an investigation on this whole fiasco... a little messed up but we all know what goes on in the "street life" rap game some of them are no different than a politician trying to promote same sex laws

edit on 0SundaySunday15bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 23 Nov 2014 18:15:38 -0600pm3015 by Illiberation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illiberation

You can still be a criminal and not have any record, that's just someone who's never been caught is all. I:

very good point. i had to argue the definition of criminal in another thread...

i said a criminal is someone who commits crime(s)....the person i was debating said a criminal is a person convicted of a crime....whatev...

your point is valid.....also, this tiny doo bastard has arrests....no convictions.....not yet

he was arrested for pimpin since been pimpin since been pimpin[/day day]

its in the article...arrested for something else too. i forget...

of course arrested does not mean he did it...
then again, not being convicted does not mean he didnt do it

im thinking a guy that hangs out with bangers, especially from a gang that is apparently on a tear is no angel...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I actually have no problem with this. He belongs to a gang, he runs with criminals, he does benefit. America has a gang problem, as far as I am concerned willfully joining a gang is enough. If you join a group that robs banks and you drive them around you are participating in those crimes. If you join a gang, that exists to conduct criminal activity, you are participating in those crimes.

Can we apply that same logic to anyone that works on Wall Street is a Financial Terrorist?
Lock em all up

No, but anyone who is aware of wrongdoing (as gangmembers are) could face charges if they let it happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst

dats plain ignerent !!

A rapper would get smacked upside the head for wanting to do so much as shoplift, cuz that would be stupid, they gon be somebody, and that is exactly why this kid has. NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

YALL STRAIGHT TRIPPIN.

that post was pretty funny...
what set you claimin yo

he'll have quite the record pretty soon

Westside VLP

What of it

F#&@$ jail.
Throw me in jail !!
Throw away the key !!
I aint affraid of jail !!
I aint affraid of shankin a m@#&@ f#$&@ !!
I aint affraid of f#$!&n another man in the........

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hold up hold up......

Yall never been in the showers, .......and you see the soap bubbles slidin down tha crack of......

Im playin
Im playin....... Wooooooooo

Dat was funny, uh, I gotta go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join