It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis County prosecutor organizing news conference to announce decision on Ferguson shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The grand jury weighing whether to charge a white police officer who shot dead an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, was still in session on Friday, the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office said. Although no date or time for the announcement of its decision was known, the prosecutor's office said it had started to organize a news conference.

It seems to me that if they're organizing a news conference, that a decision has been reached. I'm watching the Alex Jones show and they were talking about reports that area schools will be closed next Monday or Tuesday.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Interesting too is that the P.O. is thinking of quitting the force...so CNN has been reporting this morning. The reason given is that so things will be easier for his fellow officers...which I think is not really the real reason.

I have been thinking too...why not wait until (Thanksgiving) is over with...then announce the verdict. I just keep thinking that...but then again on the other hand...people have waited long enough to hear the news.

As I have mentioned before...I think no matter what the outcome is...I think there is going to be major civil unrest.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The way information is being manipulated in this case make it plainly obvious what the outcome will be.
he authoritarians and their thug supporters gain further advantage with more time to prepare.

This is another flash point for the abused underclasses. As such, it's managed at the highest levels in the USG executive branch. Obama and Eric Holder are probably looped out completely. The FBI, DHS, local PDs and KKK implants will be controlling the narrative.

To be clear, open protests shortly after the announcement is exactly what the oppressors want. Effective, tactical response is what they want to prevent.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I was thinking the other day that a decision might not be reached (or announced) until after the holiday, but everyone has been waiting long enough. The grand jury is probably anxious to finish serving their term and get home in time for Thanksgiving.

I agree that no matter what their decision is, there will be major trouble in/near Ferguson. I'm still watching the Alex Jones program and they had mentioned that a local hospital is devoting a significant amount of space to those who will be injured during upcoming protests - a floor for the police, another for demonstrators.....and I was in the other room when I heard this, but I think that another one will be for journalists?

That's what I get for briefly getting away to check something in the oven!

On a related note, the Jennings school district, which was going to close on Wednesday through Monday, 12/1 for the Thanksgiving break, decided to add Monday and Tuesday as well. I assume other districts will follow suit?

Source

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I'm sure that the powers-that-be at all levels (inc. Federal) will get what they want from this.

Like Rahm Emanuel once said (or was it Hillary?): "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

As I have mentioned before...I think no matter what the outcome is...I think there is going to be major civil unrest.

i agree with you.
i think it is only going to be measured in varying degrees of bad...

there are people down there that want wilsons head.

if they announce they are going to charge him then the good ole boy klan folk are gonna be pisses and start it off.
if they announce they are not going to charge him then the citizens that are siding with brown are gonna start it off.

its going to be bad...only real question is how bad

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's a link to a "National Action Network" live press conference. I think it's about to begin.....still haven't heard about the prosecutor's office:

www.kmov.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: caladonea

i agree with you.
i think it is only going to be measured in varying degrees of bad...

there are people down there that want wilsons head.

if they announce they are going to charge him then the good ole boy klan folk are gonna be pisses and start it off.
if they announce they are not going to charge him then the citizens that are siding with brown are gonna start it off.

its going to be bad...only real question is how bad

Ita. I think it's going to be very bad.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The way information is being manipulated in this case make it plainly obvious what the outcome will be.
he authoritarians and their thug supporters gain further advantage with more time to prepare.

This is another flash point for the abused underclasses. As such, it's managed at the highest levels in the USG executive branch. Obama and Eric Holder are probably looped out completely. The FBI, DHS, local PDs and KKK implants will be controlling the narrative.

To be clear, open protests shortly after the announcement is exactly what the oppressors want. Effective, tactical response is what they want to prevent.

^^^^^^^

So this!

This situation has been masterfully played by those who operate on such levels.

Personal opinion follows, I think it was a good shooting, but I think the police and other authorities in the area reacted extensively overboard and purposely escalated the tensions emplaced by societal interaction between an out of touch police force and an abused demographic.

These heightened tensions have brought in people now who will be used by one 'side' or the other all of which will reult in even more heavy handed tactics by police.

This angers some people more while others think, "well they're getting what they deserve."

All the while, most on either side of the conflict never see that those pulling the strings are working the whole crowd, supporters and those in opposition, the entire time only to the benefit of themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They're about to hold a press conference re. security for the grand jury announcement:

cbs12.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

first thing he said was he is not there to announce the grand jury decision.
not his responsibility and he does not know when they will announce the decision.

for 3 weeks they have been meeting to set a proposed set of rules for after the announcement.

all working together to maintain peace

want activist to focus on the change that must take place

gonna do whats right and be respectful of the protestors rights and their right to protest.

cops have to protect themselves at well

a legacy of this country that people have free speech no matter how you feel

respect all opinions even if i dont agree with you

understand all americans have laws that must be upheld
----------------

now the mayor

------------------

do not know when the decision from grand jury will come out

eirc holders office is currently investigating wilson and the department
vast majority of cops across the country honorably defend public safety
calling on protestors to conduct themselves peacefully

browns dad called for peace and change in a couragous video
dont want my sons death to be in vain

it would be imprudent not to plan for protest
in similar situations in other cities things ended badly

both sides have met 5 times to address codes of conduct.
we did not agree to some of the proposed rules cause it would have limited cops to eep people safe
cops instructed to protect protestors rights...
we expect some of the protestors will be disruptive. they will try to inconvenience people. if protestors are not violent then cops will not be agressive.
when protestors are being civilly disobedient they will be given a chance to follow the law before they are arrested. might be allowed to occupy public spaces longer than normal. will be on a case by case basis.
police tactics will not change based on protestors words, only actions..
their goal is everyone goes home safe. no damage to homes and business. to close racial divide and begin to heal.
we support law enforcement. the vast majority is well trained professionals. during ferguson oct cops were a target. protestors tried to bait cops into taking aggressive action. not one officer took the bait. they showed incredible restraint.
important to remember that we have much work to do together to make st louis to be more just and fair for everyone
our goal is to protect the protestors rights and to protect people and their property.

quoting truman
-----------------

now public safety director///he is former police chief

this is a good thing when people dialogue.
city/county/highway patrol has been involved in discussions...direct lines of comms have bene set up to make sure citizens and cops are talking.
to protestors that want to be heard....we hear you..we will protect your right to speech.
to property owners who hope and want to be safe. we will protect your business.
---------------

questions
------------

if things get out of hand in a bad way what happens...take it on case by case basis based on the situation and will protect everyone

will there be assurance to business owners who felt police stood down and let people destroy property.
all things will be protected. people and business will be protected

what message sent to people that want to disrupt...case by case basis...
violence will not be tolerated....example. if someone is j walking we will not arrest. if it is something harmful to people or business we will take appropriate action.

is there a reason for people to worry about what happens after decision...we need to be prepared for whatever happens. we have no info that would cause us to advise citizens to be in fear of danger to themselves or their property. we want to make sure people know if there is unrest we will be prepared to handle it.
during the last situation nobody was seriously hurt. no life taken. people saw 5 hours of a 12 hour shift and that was not indicitive of what happened.

you said cops would not take the bait but the last 2 nights cops took the bait and acted with overkill.....no matter what happens people will think cops are acting aggressive or over reaching...

why did police respond in full gear wed and thurs......i cant say why. i dont know why..what i can say is we are discussing it.
were they incorrect in responding in full gear...i dont know they were incorrect. we are trying to get both sides to understand.
is unified command making preparations by comments/threats by kkk......not going to discredit what you said. there are rumors flying. investigating some. one of the problems we have is the media..a lot of times what people here is far from the truth. step back and take a breath...we will act responsibly and according to whatever presents itself.
resource wise, what about crimes in other areas...are there resources to deal with it..the city will be protected. part of why the national guard will be here to help back up the cops. to make sure people are safe

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
how will you protect portestors and not collectively punish people outside..cops have been going through sensitivity training..we have been dialoguing with the community.

what new things have cops learned from training...the biggest thing is to try to work on restraint. try to understand peoples perspective. we need to have empathy and patience. that is what officers are learning.

what is the chain of command.....mayor will make decisions in st lous. police cheif reports to me as well as director of public safety.
------------------

that was the jist of the conference. sorry for the mis spelled words and bad format. i was trying to tye out as much as i could from what i heard as they said it..
i substituted the word officer for cops cause it was faster to type

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We have a thing called due process in America, the grand jury will hear all the evidence and render a decision to indict or acquit.At that point the "peaceful protesting" ends because the laws were adhered to and due process was served.
Any protesting after that point will be nothing more than a lynch mob and should be considered illegal terrorist activity and dealt with accordingly.

The "good" citizens of ferguson MO. don`t have to agree with the laws or even like them but they damn sure have to abide by them or face serious consequences.Due process and juries are the law of the land not lynch mobs and terrorism.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Thank you for posting this! I was unable to watch the entire press conference and just got back online a short time ago.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: Grovit

Thank you for posting this! I was unable to watch the entire press conference and just got back online a short time ago.

i was wondering if i typed like 6 thousand paragraphs for nothing.
youre very welcome.......
that was pretty much all of it...

they answered a few questions that i didnt type out cause they were the same answers.
priority is to protect people and their property....dialogue, blah blah

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, here we are, early Saturday morning and still no word on the verdict....at least from reliable sources. I was on Twitter several times Friday evening and some posts claimed that the jury had reached a verdict but it won't be announced until Sunday. Has anyone else heard this?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Assuming there is no indictment announced, then I think the timing of the announcement may tell us quite a bit about how 'they' really want the results to play out ('they' being whoever may have the power to influence the timing of the announcement for better or worse).

There seem to me to be a lot of people on all sides who want to provoke a bigger confrontation and more problems. If that's true, then I would expect the announcement to be timed to make for the biggest crowds while people are most angry soon after such an announcement. They missed Friday night, but there is still Saturday night tonight, so perhaps it will be announced this afternoon.

But if they want to minimize confrontations, they will announce it when the crowds would most likely be smaller and there would be more things to distract attention. Wednesday night or Thursday morning when people are more likely to be focused on the Thanksgiving holiday and family activities would be likely timing in this case.

And if they are most concerned with not affecting Black Friday Christmas sales, they will wait until after this next Friday to make the announcement.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am starting to really enjoy the Anon/KKK subplot...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join