It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Wants To Replace Europe's Dependence On Russian Gas With A New Pipeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I read this article and my conspiracy hat nearly jumped off my head. Israel is trying to sell oil to Europe in what they say is an effort to get them from dependence on Russian gas. The plan is to build a pipeline from Israel's Mediterranean Coast to Cyprus and they want EU investment to help build it. Israel already has Natural Gas deals with Jordan and Palestine

The TV report said Cyprus, Greece and Italy were all supportive of the idea, and that Israel would make a formal presentation of the project to European representatives in Brussels in three weeks’ time.

It would be cheaper for Europe to work on a supply route with Egypt, but this could expose the Europeans to instability because of the unpredictable political developments in Egypt, the report noted. Similarly, a pipeline from Israel to Turkey would be less expensive, but bilateral relations rule this out so long as Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a prominent critic of Israel, holds power there.

I'm confused, ATS. Aren't wars started over this type of thing? What makes Israel think that they can take Russia's EU customers without Russia having something to say about it? I don't think encroaching on Russia's cash cow is the smart thing to do. Further does this pipeline have to be built through Palestinian ocean territory? Will Israel have to do another land-grab( Ocean-Grab) from Palestinians? What says ATS?

uk.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The original idea was to run it through Syria and Turkey. I guess TPTB realized that they can't get Syria because Russia wised up to the game.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Israel Discovers New Giant Off-Shore Oil and Gas Field
Another off-shore oil and gas find buries even deeper the old joke that Moses took the wrong turn. Stepping into the Red Sea a good sign?
www.israelnationalnews.com...
I remember starting an article on this topic a while back, now it rings a bell, Russia wouldn't like it another country in prophecy some say, a massive army will gather against Israel, Gog, and Magog

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I like the idea, but I seem to be the only one, promoting Israel should join the EU, or at least in a half-arsed British-style...
Russia has no say in it, who cares, what thy would have to say, nobody keeps them from selling their Gas and oil to China, for next to nothing...

Syria, Libanon, etc. are already in the middle of a proxy war Russia wants to drag everybody else in, so it is decission time, for them, I guess.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I read this article and my conspiracy hat nearly jumped off my head.

Israel is trying to sell oil to Europe in what they say is an effort to get them from dependence on Russian gas.

I'm not seeing the connection to oil?

But the natural gas part makes sense since neither the Iranians or Saudis/Qatars can't get control of Syria.

Russia will sabotage however.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Israel grabbed a lot of Palestinian gas fields back in 2009 when they carried out 'Operation Cast Lead', so I doubt it will go through Palestinian waters, it's Israel's now.

I really hope this plan doesn't go ahead, they have enough power dictating our foreign policy. To be reliant on them to supply our gas? No thanks!!
edit on 21/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This has been the game plan for some time.....
Israel has contracted to develop the huge Cyprus gas field which lies off Cyprus and is a natural source of gas for Europe....
They have gas off their own coast which they share with Lebanon.....
They have the above sources also tied up (Palestine et al)
The push for this pipeline is overdue.....
I would imagine this source of revenue could bring some very needed upgrading in war torn infrastructure for many suffering peoples, but I doubt that will be the case....
Russia? meh...they have their own agenda.....I doubt they'll give anything away...but ww3 ? nobody wants that....
edit on 21-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The original idea was to run it through Syria and Turkey. I guess TPTB realized that they can't get Syria because Russia wised up to the game.

As far as I know, it is Erdogan who said no.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

um, competition? what makes you think Russia has sole rights to sell oil to Europe? Tells me a lot about your ideology - you hate freedom.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's economic warfare. nothing more, nothing less. The Russian Gov't had best get their act together real quick. They are surrounded both economically and militarily. Doubling down on stupid will do them more harm than good.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And Serbia and Hungary want to push on with the South Stream...

BELGRADE, November 21 /TASS/. The whole Europe has a common interest in building the South Stream gas pipeline, Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic and his Hungarian counterpart Peter Szijjarto said after talks on Friday. “We are going to implement this project because we are convinced that it will considerably improve the safety of gas supplies to Central Europe. That is why we believe that the South Stream project is of European interest,” Szijjarto said.

Source

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I'm confused, ATS. Aren't wars started over this type of thing? What makes Israel think that they can take Russia's EU customers without Russia having something to say about it? I don't think encroaching on Russia's cash cow is the smart thing to do. Further does this pipeline have to be built through Palestinian ocean territory? Will Israel have to do another land-grab( Ocean-Grab) from Palestinians? What says ATS?

uk.businessinsider.com...

It's very smart. Russia can do nothing about it, it would be a win/win for everone involved except Russia.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
DIsrael isn't defenseless Ukraine.Moscow would be smoke and ash.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
UN adopts resolution on Palestinian sovereignty over natural resources

JERUSALEM -- The United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday adopted a resolution demanding Palestinian sovereignty over natural resources under Israeli occupation.

The draft solution, “Permanent sovereignty of the Palestinian people in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and of the Arab population in the occupied Syrian Golan over their natural resources,” was adopted with 164 votes in favor and five against.

Member states that voted against the measure included Canada, Federated States of Micronesia, Israel, Marshall Islands, and the United States. Ten other states abstained from the vote.

The resolution is the latest to be adopted through ongoing efforts by Palestinian leadership to take measures against Israel in the international arena following decades of failed peace talks.

The adopted resolution demands that Israel cease the exploitation, damage, cause of loss or depletion and endangerment of Palestinian natural resources, and recognize the right of Palestinians under military occupation to claim restitution.

A recommendation report for the resolution discussed Israel’s “extensive destruction” of Palestinian agricultural land and the economic and environmental repercussions of the policy.

The report cited the destruction of Palestinian water pipelines, sewage networks and electricity networks, noting that the elimination of “vital infrastructure” was at its most severe in the Gaza Strip during Israel's military operations in the summer of 2014.

Originally aimed at water resources, this resolution also includes all other non-renewable natural resources.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If the EU had the balls to put their money where their mouths are, they'd insist on a payment arrangement in which Palestine was paid direct for any gas that is being extracted from seized gas fields as well as insist some sort of reputation/rent if the pipeline passes through Palestinian waters. Might help the poor bastards rebuild a few hospital/artillery targets.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Israel grabbed a lot of Palestinian gas fields back in 2009 when they carried out 'Operation Cast Lead', so I doubt it will go through Palestinian waters, it's Israel's now.

I really hope this plan doesn't go ahead, they have enough power dictating our foreign policy. To be reliant on them to supply our gas? No thanks!!

How is that being reliant on Israel gas? As I understand, it would bring another player in the game. I say do everything to destroy the russian monopoly, leave the competition to bring down the prices and let Europe choose where they want to buy the gas from in the future.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke
Thanks for the link you posted on the other thread. This 'deal' has been in the works since at least 2006.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join