It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Attacked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: gortex

This isn't the case and this is why you have to read the abstract.

He talks about the face on Mars after he goes over the Scientific evidence that a nuclear explosion may have occurred.

What he's simply saying is there may have been a similar civilization to the Egyptians that may have lived on Mars in the past and most of them were wiped out by this explosion.

Again, it would only be about his beliefs if you blindly ignore the first half of the abstract.

He lays out a strong Scientific case in the paper that a nuclear explosion may have occurred on Mars. I don't see any problem with him talking about the face on Mars after he has laid out his initial evidence.

that's a possibility
Martians might have been a big part of that era
probably more so than beings from another star system

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

You're just fishing for any excuse.

No I'm not. I'm looking at exactly what he is presenting and how he is preaenting it. He seems to be following a pattern. I am actually very interested in his "nuclear explosion discovery" but am a little turned off by the rest of it. I am just commenting on why I think he might not be believable.

if he has real evidence then he has real evidence and it should stand on its own.

First you said it's because he's writing a book and now you have switched to a new argument that makes even less sense when you read what he actually said

I read what he actually said and that's why I think he is just trying to sell a book.
edit on 22-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

indicate a possible 180 million year or earlier age for the eventTaken together, the energy released in the explosion are all approximately 1025J or on the order of 1 Billion megatons of energy..

journalofcosmology.com...

I`m wondering why all this radioactive stuff is still there 180 million years later. It doesn`t decay? it doesn`t get carried off somewhere by solar winds or whatever?
These faces and pyramids that he thinks he sees have to be at least 180 million years old,by his own admission.even assuming that they survived the 1 billion megaton blast, that`s still 180 million years of erosion and yet they still haven`t eroded away to nothing? They have retained so much detail after being subjected to a 1 billion megaton blast and 180 million years of erosion that he can clearly see the eyes,nose,mouth and helmet ornaments.

meh, I`m not buying it.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There's too much information. It'll be difficult to erase the fiction and stick to the facts.

Let's wait and see if any government sources say something.

Fiction or not we'll have a nice time reading the news.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have found a picture that shows what the Martians would use for transportation...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Is there an atmosphere on Mars? Would this would offer protection?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

If you believe this guy what do you think of this posted on another thread about this subject now closed by a member on here called wildspace

First, I can't find anything about xenon-129 being produced in nuclear explosions. In supernovae, sure, those produce pretty much everything. They're an alchemist's dream. But not a nuclear weapon. The only stuff I could find on the production of xenon-129 is from the decay of radioactive iodine-129 into xenon-129. Iodine-129 has a half-life of about 16 million years, meaning that within 160 million years, less than 0.1% of the original amount of iodine-129 will remain. Meaning that all the iodine-129 originally part of any planet will have decayed by now into xenon-129 unless you're a young-Earth creationist. So, again, problem #1 so far is that unless this is top-secret knowledge or Google has failed me, xenon-129 is not produced in nuclear bombs. Which pretty much is the foundation of his idea.

edit on 23-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

You have a U2U in your inbox.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When a person or idea is attacked as vigorously as this, it makes me want to know more. The sheer amount of logical fallacy employed in this thread, on the first page alone, is staggering! O.O

So, are there these two concentrations of nuclear isotopes or not?

I guess this link shows an image with THORIUM concentrations coresponding to the 2 areas where he postulates some nuclear explosions... anyone know anything about Thorium?

Here is some more information about the man, for those interested.

This geologist seems to agree with his hypothesis of natural reactors on mars similar to Oklo on Earth which exploded 150million years ago. scienceblogs.com...

Oh but he has a book, so, "nuff said". Lets not even bother examining this any further. He has a book like all those other "sheisters" like Stephen Hawking, and anyone else whos ever written a book. I hate books. Why can't we live in a world like Fahrenheit 451? Cmon, who's with me!?

This link says his book is about meteor strikes or something? Can meteor strikes cause nuclear explosions, radiation and all? www.astroreview.com... Maybe this is a different book? I don't know. All I know is this guy is sayin stuff I don't like, so I'm gonna make fun of him and discredit him no matter what... as dictated by the scientific method of course! All of my slander and trolling has been peer reviewed by an accredited institution backed up by several instances of accolades poured upon me by other people in various positions of authority.

Here's another link www.bookbrowse.com...
edit on 11/23/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

Edit to add- Greyer, you are loved, trust me!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I love the sarcasm!

You're exactly right. Who said that Brandenberg was correct. We were just saying based on his credentials there's nothing wrong with listening to what he has to say and examining it with an open mind.

Sadly, people have decided before they even click the link that this guy was going to be a kook or he's just lying to sell books.

I don't know how anyone can be that closed minded.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

indicate a possible 180 million year or earlier age for the eventTaken together, the energy released in the explosion are all approximately 1025J or on the order of 1 Billion megatons of energy..

I`m wondering why all this radioactive stuff is still there 180 million years later. It doesn`t decay? it doesn`t get carried off somewhere by solar winds or whatever?
These faces and pyramids that he thinks he sees have to be at least 180 million years old,by his own admission.even assuming that they survived the 1 billion megaton blast, that`s still 180 million years of erosion and yet they still haven`t eroded away to nothing? They have retained so much detail after being subjected to a 1 billion megaton blast and 180 million years of erosion that he can clearly see the eyes,nose,mouth and helmet ornaments.

meh, I`m not buying it.

The Journal of Cosmology is where scientists with wacky theories go to pretend to be published in a peer reviewed journal.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Wacky Scientist?

So any Scientist who dares to think differently than someone posting on a message board is wacky??? That doesn't make any sense.

The Journal of Cosmology looks at life originating in space vs. the convoluted idea that life miraculously was started on earth.

Panspermia isn't a crazy idea, many Scientist have supported it. Panspermia is also supported by things like finding building blocks of life in comets and meteors.

Why are these Scientist crazy because they don't accept Abiogenesis? Let's look at some of the CRAZY papers in the Journal of Cosmology.

Arsenic & Life Origins: Life in Extreme Environments, or Arsenic Fool's Gold

Wow, this sounds NUTS!!

FLUID DYNAMICS IN COSMOLOGY

Somebody try to raise Einstein from the dead because this is madness according to draknoir LOL!!

THE STRUCTURES OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE STRUCTURE OF BLACK HOLES

Yep, this sounds like a WACKY TOPIC!

Panspermia: Transfer of Life Between Stars, Galaxies & Planets

Someone needs to call the thought police and stop this!!

I say these things tongue in cheek but it illustrates an important point. Some people are so closed to ideas that run contrary to their own beliefs, they act like just talking about these things is absurd.

Like I said earlier, I just don't understand how anyone can be so closed minded.
edit on 23-11-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So any Scientist who dares to think differently than someone posting on a message board is wacky???

Well they aren't really scientists and its not real science. I guess we can call it wacky science?

edit on 23-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

So any Scientist who dares to think differently than someone posting on a message board is wacky???

Well they aren't really scientists and its not real science. I guess we can call it wacky science?

Bad science will suffice.

Safe from scrutiny on Chandra Wickramasinghe's blog.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Panspermia isn't a crazy idea, many Scientist have supported it. Panspermia is also supported by things like finding building blocks of life in comets and meteors.

The building blocks that's not life just the means for it to start and EVOLVE!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

a reply to: draknoir2

Wacky Scientist?

So any Scientist who dares to think differently than someone posting on a message board is wacky??? That doesn't make any sense.

The Journal of Cosmology looks at life originating in space vs. the convoluted idea that life miraculously was started on earth.

Why are these Scientist crazy because they don't accept Abiogenesis? Let's look at some of the CRAZY papers in the Journal of Cosmology.

Arsenic & Life Origins: Life in Extreme Environments, or Arsenic Fool's Gold

Wow, this sounds NUTS!!

FLUID DYNAMICS IN COSMOLOGY

Somebody try to raise Einstein from the dead because this is madness according to draknoir LOL!!

THE STRUCTURES OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE STRUCTURE OF BLACK HOLES

Yep, this sounds like a WACKY TOPIC!

Panspermia: Transfer of Life Between Stars, Galaxies & Planets

Someone needs to call the thought police and stop this!!

I say these things tongue in cheek but it illustrates an important point. Some people are so closed to ideas that run contrary to their own beliefs, they act like just talking about these things is absurd.

Like I said earlier, I just don't understand how anyone can be so closed minded.

Just because the title of the subject is fine DOESN'T mean the logic of the their theory is!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ok i read the "paper", so here are some few things

Therefore, the answer to Fermi’s Paradox may lie on Mars: that intelligent technological forces are loose in the universe that wipe out more primitive species.

He speaks of isotopes distribution and compare them to earth calling earth "natural" distribution, as if earth and mars started in the same conditions. He reach this conclusion

Thus, several lines of evidence point to a massive thermonuclear explosion on Mars. Based on the absence ofcraters in Acidalia Planitia or Utopia Planitia , the devices detonated in midair. This would have increased shock wave damage via the MachStem effect over large areas. The locationof the explosions would have, by prevailing Coriolis driven winds to the South East,have delivered most of their radioactive fallout to Cydonia Mensa and Galaxias Chaos, two locations of previously reported artifacts.

Now he goes to examine the evidence of civilization in Cydonea and Galaxias, at best so far evidence of nukes in complete unrelated areas of mars, no sign of foreign intervention on the planet.

We are guided in our consideration of new imaging data from Mars by Mediocrity. That is: our assumption that archeological relics found on Earth are not remarkable. That is, if Mars was like Earth in climate for geologically long period, as it seems to have been, we would expect Sphinxes and Pyramids, similar to those found in Egypt
and Mexico.

Ok them what is the model? no model presented just a visual comparison of what he thinks is the normal wear of megalithic structures. now how similar are earth and mars in reality? well mars is 4.5 billion years old, life on earth started after the first 700-1000 million years after earth formation, and was single cellular for about 2 billion years more before the first eukaryotes. Mars lost its atmosphere 4 billion years ago, so in .5 billion years it must have cold enough to develop life, (1b for earth), develop single cellular organism, and them multicellular (3b years for earth), and from that to our day (4.5b latter) humanoids that makes pyramids 4.5 b/y in earth only is .5 on mars, really comparable conditions between mars and earth.

Lets assume its all good, 4b/y ago humanoids made a pyramid/ face on mars before mars lost atmosphere and life supporting oceans, 4b years of low atmosphere erosion how exactly compare to 5k years of earth conditions to say they are comparable?

Based on evidence that Mars and Earth evolved with a liquid water environment on their surfaces for most of their history, as evidenced by an ocean bed on the youngest part of Mars, the high oxidation state of Mars surface and sediments, plus evidence that biology began early on Mars, as on Earth, and persisted for most of its geologic history

Where is this evidence? the consensus is mars lost its atmosphere 4b years ago while earth maintained till this day, most of mars geologic history has been a barren dry rock. so having isotope distribution and a sketchy correlation between earth and mars, out of nowhere here are his conclusions

Given the large amount of nuclear isotopes in Mars atmosphere resembling those from hydrogen bomb tests on Earth, Mars may present an example of civilization wiped out by a nuclear attack from space, such as seen in the movie Dark Star.

Really? not a single evidence for this, not one and he comes with this; you know if you assume all you did on life on mars you should have not stooped at bronze age civilizations, after all 10k years in geological terms is nothing and mars civilization could have been as us, with nukes and all, no need of a external species to wipe out the martians

In short the guy deserve no consideration, this is no scientific research its just crap, a turd from the mind of a scientist, a human like everyone else capable of exist outside his work and not entirely defined by it, just because a scientist says it don't make it science, for christ's sake mathematicians are part of the Simpson writing staff, does that makes it science?

just to see his appreciation for fantasy movies, from his "paper"

Such hostile forces could range from things as alien as AI (Artificial Intelligence) ‘with a grudge’ against flesh and blood, as in the movie Terminator all the way to things as sadly familiar to us as a mindless humanoid bureaucrat like Governor Tarkin in Star Wars,eager to destroy planet Alderann as an example to other worlds.

Good fantasy J. E. Brandenburg, not science

edit on 24-11-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teye22
IF this did indeed happen, it would have been ages ago....and there is almost no way to verify this with any certainty from our location.

Is it possible? I think so because I beleive there must be intelligent life out there, but that is just me. He may not be able to provide any proof about this, but no one can prove otherwise either.

Interesting post, Thanks OP! keeps my little hamster going...

The crust of Mars is -much- thinner on one side of the planet.

Scientists have ruled out another planet hitting it as impossible and other natural explanations don't make sense so few speculations remain such as some sort nuclear war.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, I don't know very much, but the odd clues about nukes on Mars makes this one "out there" theory that's not totally out there... maybe it has one foot in the door? A threshold theory?

Of course, certain folks have extrapolated a bit too much (*cough* Hoagland *cough*) and let their imaginations run wild, but this is not impossible... it would be a hoot if Glen Larson became Earth's premiere historian.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join