It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul voted against the USA FREEDOM Act of 2014

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

Your not voting against the initial repair but all the pork they stuffed into the bill. The rainbow repair was going to cost 2.3 million and now there is another 85 million in pork added to the bill so you have to vote against it.

I have always thought instead of bundling everything together to get crap passed in secret most the time that EVERY SINGLE bill should be submitted on it's own, no sticking 3-100 different things into one spotlighted bill.

Couldn't agree more!!

One thing at a time people!! Wish they would change that.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh you know...2016 is fast approaching. He's gotta get in line.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is an interesting read on why several civil liberty groups where against the bill. It sounds like a farce designed to look like they did something, with out actually doing much at all. It was designed with many loop holes, and in some cases expanded the NSA's power. It extended the patriot act, and Harry Reid also slipped in SOPA legislation at the last minute.

Civil Liberties Advocates, Organizations and Whistleblowers Tell Congress to Oppose the USA FREEDOM Act
edit on Novpm04pm302014-11-20T16:47:12-06:0004America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on Novpm04pm302014-11-20T16:48:57-06:0004America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

That makes perfect sense and something I haven't thought of. I forget how ridiculous these bills can get. Add more and more crap to the bill and force people to vote against it.

God I hate politics.

I have always thought instead of bundling everything together to get crap passed in secret most the time that EVERY SINGLE bill should be submitted on it's own, no sticking 3-100 different things into one spotlighted bill.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

so voting no means he is against renewal of Patriot Act Provisions....and they called this bill the Freedom Act? As nutty as calling it the Patriot Act.

Did Joe Biden come up with that name? I think Paul did good and exactly as what we would expect him to do.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Sremmos80

Apparently this legislation would have somehow extended portions of the Patriot Act. What exactly is still unclear but Paul is an avid opposer of the Patriot Act so it does make sense he would oppose anything that would somehow empower it.

But as seen already, the PA isn't going anywhere so voting this down did it really help America or hurt America, the people that is.

Yeah, the text is pretty clear. He won't vote for the freedom act as long as it has clauses that extend parts of the patriot act. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

How can a vote for the freedom act actually be a vote for its antithesis the patriot act? I would say "only in America" but it sounds like much of Europe, Canada and Australia are just as bad.
edit on 23-11-2014 by johnnyBgood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join