It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keystone XL pipeline bill fails to pass US Senate by 1 vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yes But it brings revenue for America. That's the important part. Soros and Adelman energies doesn't bring any revenue at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

They would need 2/3rd majority of both Houses to override Obama's veto. I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I must admit, this does not make any sense whatsoever to me.

I know, I know, I am in Australia and am possibly missing part of the story.

Now, the tar sands are in Canada. They should benefit Canadians!

Is is not sensible to put a big ass refinery, right next to the tar sands and refine as you go.

Then Canada gets ALL the profits from HER natural resource and Canadians should get much cheaper fuel.

Now, where am I wrong?

....... Oh, ............. I didn't know that part.

Oh, this has nothing to do with Canadians, it has to do with the oil industry and bribes.

I see, so, same as every where else then.

Canadians, they are not your natural resources, they belong to ABC oil.

I wonder how that happens, oh crap, we are back to the bribes.

P

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: buster2010

Yes But it brings revenue for America. That's the important part. Soros and Adelman energies doesn't bring any revenue at all.

The only revenue it will bring will go to the people that own the oil companies that's it. America won't even get any taxes from it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Soros and Adelman energies doesn't bring any revenue at all.

You are wrong. Soros owns Soros Fund Management which has large investments in transportation, energy, retail, financial, and other industries. All of this means jobs in America and jobs means revenue. Who is this Adelman you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good for that. Though, only by one vote really? Who voted for it:The Yeas and Nays

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I live a few hours drive from the "tar" sands. The cesspool of waste and destruction isn't just confined to the tailing ponds. The allure of greasy money has pacified the political landscape of this province for more than 30 yrs. The conservative government has been in power and in the sack with the oil magnates for that long. Now the federal government is also hooked on the cash crack in transfer payments from this province to their coffers in oil revenues. Environmental concerns are just cheap bull# talk for the masses. They're tearing this place to hell. Their reclamation efforts are as about as effective as the reforestation of clear cuts in BC ( British Columbia ). Practically nonexistent when the ratio of what gets dug up per day to land reclaimed is compared. The health affects on populations of native and non native peoples is suppressed information. Most leaks and line failures go unreported publicly. Our environmental policy is a joke. Just lip service to the masses as most people do not go to see for themselves. This is what concerns me the most about corporate and government culpability regarding the oil industry. There really is none. Only corporate oil pimps and the political whores who service them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cprnicus
a reply to: pheonix358

I live a few hours drive from the "tar" sands. The cesspool of waste and destruction isn't just confined to the tailing ponds. The allure of greasy money has pacified the political landscape of this province for more than 30 yrs. The conservative government has been in power and in the sack with the oil magnates for that long. Now the federal government is also hooked on the cash crack in transfer payments from this province to their coffers in oil revenues. Environmental concerns are just cheap bull# talk for the masses. They're tearing this place to hell. Their reclamation efforts are as about as effective as the reforestation of clear cuts in BC ( British Columbia ). Practically nonexistent when the ratio of what gets dug up per day to land reclaimed is compared. The health affects on populations of native and non native peoples is suppressed information. Most leaks and line failures go unreported publicly. Our environmental policy is a joke. Just lip service to the masses as most people do not go to see for themselves. This is what concerns me the most about corporate and government culpability regarding the oil industry. There really is none. Only corporate oil pimps and the political whores who service them.

Thank you for sharing. I learned about the location through Megaloads, aptly called truck loads of this waste, while it literally is shipped through my town(ID, US) on it's destination to the tar sands.
Tar sands was displayed in the recent national climate change march, thought seemingly mostly ignored against the main climate change concerns.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Good. I am helping my brothers in the battle against the pipelines north of the border myself. Keep fighting the good fight.
edit on Wed, 19 Nov 2014 02:56:26 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
They have been trying so hard to get that pipe line going in Canada, but it crosses over many different native lands and national parks.
It will destroy so much. The oil economy is not worth it by a long shot.
edit on 19-11-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: cprnicus

I live in Alberta too, I love this provience, but the tar sands absoutley diguest me.
We are ripping apart so much land it can be seen from space, just to squeeze out every last little drop of oil. Its really time to focous on clean sustainable energy.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
When you follow the money ,or at least the people that lobby for them you get a good picture by considering Jim" Prentice . He was in the Conservative Govt. and was Indian Affairs Minster . He left politics and went to work for the Bank of Commerce I believe . When Harper first started pushing the pipe line to the west coast they hit a snage with the Native Tribes they needed onside to get it through .Prentice came out of CIBC to lobby the Natives to get the pipe line through .The Natives at that time said "Too little too late and a waist of a good man" . Prentice then moved into Provincial Politics and took over the Alberta Conservative's . At the time I thought to myself that he must be up to something . I suspect he will use what ever legal mechanisms to create a way to force the pipe line through .

Time will tell what might happen but you can bet safely that tptb are not going to drop it .

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There are US oil fields just across the border in the Formation of Montana and North Dakota.

In fact they need the light Bakken Formation oil to thin the thick tar sands oil so that it can be pumped.

The keystone pipeline will also connect these to refiners.

by blocking the keystone Obama is blocking US oil to rise the price of gas in the US.

Obama wants high gas prices to drive down driving in the US and rise the prices industry has to pay to make products in the US.

Fuel prices are a big part of what drives the Made in the US products to china.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The XL pipeline isn't worth the risk in my opinion. Just look at the pipeline in Arkansas neighborhood that leaked. The leak destroyed property value in that neighborhood. The greed of the few is not worth the risk to our environment.

The tar sand oil not going to do jack to lower US gasoline prices. Obama doesn't want high gas prices. If we want lower gas prices in the US. We need to put restrictions on oil speculation. Another thing that would help is to limit US exports of gasoline and diesel fuel.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't know how true this is or isn't but Lindsey Williams has said quite a few times that it won't get built unless the price for oil is above a certain point. Maybe they are waiting for the next oil spike?
I highly doubt that a few indian tribes talking war would have changed anyone's attitudes.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Good for that. Though, only by one vote really? Who voted for it:The Yeas and Nays

Landrieu (D-LA), Yea

Gulp

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Landrieu (D-LA), Yea

Gulp

You sound shocked that a Democrat is in the pocket of the oil companies. Democrats and Republican politicians are just like whores on a street corner they will hop into bed with anyone that will give them enough money.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Pipe Line vote failed? GOOD ! Instead of spending all that $ for yesterday energy, let's strat working on tomorrow's energy source. It's NOT fossil fuels. Stop trying to squeeze every last drop of oil out of the planet, and start tryuing to figure out a better way. Just an opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

I respect your right to work. But you're laboring in a dying industry, one whose death is LONG over due. Maybe contact Lockheed to see if they're hiring in their Fusion Reactor division.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Far from dying.

It's so very ironic that 90% of the materials in the computer from which you typed that came directly from a chemical plant that processes hydrocarbons. The ignorant hypocrisy we have while we blow our trumpets loudly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join