It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Wrench Demonstrates Government Inefficiency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here is the rest of the story.

I call a friend that is a retire NAVY EOD officer.

The air force only had one wrench.

BUT every navy EOD team had two wrenches one for navy nuke weapons and one for air force weapons.
all navy EOD teams in the US have someone trained to take care of Pinnacle -Broken Arrow

In at least one case the navy recovered and made safe a air force nuke. this was the 1966 Palomares B-52 crash.

The navy and air force use special bolts to hold the warheads on missiles to keep down any chance of a Pinnacle - Empty Quiver incident.

This is so no one can steal a nuke warhead they have to take the complete system.
A nuclear warhead can weigh as little as 150 pounds a missile will weigh a ton or more.

The USS Pinnacle (MSO-462) was the ship that found the lost nuke.
and the navy CURV-III devolped by NOTS China Lake recovered the weapon.
www.chinalakealumni.org...=1&zoom=80,400,974

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is his way of claiming that they need money. This is an excuse that will be used to increase taxes. Because the American people need to give more money to this clown.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: links234

That's what Net Neutrality is. Or do you still believe that the ACA is about lowering your health care costs and giving you more choice? Anything they tell you is about the opposite of what they claim. The net will be neutral? What's the opposite of that because it's what you get.

You need working Internet? Well, remember they have one working server farm ...

You know about as much about net neutrality as that idiot Cruz and that is next to nothing. The net was neutral until the fat cat companies got their whores in congress to change things so they could blackmail their customers for more money like Comcast did to Netflix. For many people the price of their healthcare did go down.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I get the feeling the US arsenal is unreliable. Yet another way Usama Bin Laden has won. We now are spending trillions chasing ghosts and spying on ourselves rather than maintaining our strategic defensive systems.

If Russia fired it's nukes at us today, I doubt much of our equipment could respond.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Let me put this in a realistic context. In the eighties there were complaints about 'government' inefficiency over specilized $800 hammers and $600.00 toilet seats. The government addressed that issue. Now not having enough of these high priced speciality wrenches is government inefficiency and the answer is to buy more.

So how one instance any more, or less, inefficient then the other.

Let's put this in a realistic context.
In the 80's say a Navy Helicopter Squadron needed a ball peen hammer. They would look up the National Stock Number for that hammer and place an order with Supply.
In order to get that hammer, Supply had to create a specification for a hammer, then put out a request for bids. They had to accept a bid and then issue a contract to have the hammers manufactured. The hammers then had to be received, inspected and transported to where they were needed. That's how you ended up with a hammer that cost $800.

Now if a Navy Helicopter Squadron needs a ball peen hammer, they send an AK (Aviation Storekeeper) to Home Depot with a credit card.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join