It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason For America's Collapsing Labor Force

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Wanting a job can only go so far in creating one.... we did lose 8 million jobs 2007-8. And we also lost probably equal that in good job to bad job transitions. I doubt all those people just got lazy and wanted less money all of a sudden.

Millenials? After seeing their parents screwed again and again, kinda hard to believe the corporate PR about working hard and you'll get your due.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBoomersRBusted

You said it quite well. My father is the epitome of the middle class worker. He did manage to carve quite a nice place for himself but it's far from secure. He was forced to retire by his boss because his wages were too high and it's cheaper to hire kids fresh out of college. This was after he denied my father his promotion to vice president (that he promised numerous times) a few years earlier. He gave that position to his son.

Our so called capitalist system (which was never truly capitalist) has failed. This will become clear to everyone soon enough if it isn't already. A society with greed as not just a virtue, but a cornerstone, is destined to become corrupt. There's a reason that nobody ever includes greed on the list of virtues. It isn't one. We are paying the price for pretending for so long that it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IrVulture

ummm..
I worked in a screen printing shop for years. The average age of the employees was probably around 40 with some as old as 90. I've had a few tape balls landing in the screen from time to time! The games aren't restricted to the young. And well I listened to those old timers talking about the good ole days! Hiding TV's under the boxes when the supervisors started heading their way. stashing work in strange places at the end of the day just so they could leave early. Heck they even had bottles of gin stashed around the shop! Unfortunately by the time I got there the person who was one of the primary players had become my supervisor and so she not only knew of every trick in the book she expected such behavior from everybody which well occasionally led to some baseless accusations.
but the point I am making is that it isn't just our young folks of today that played.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join