It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi denies knowing key Obamacare architect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Mrs. "We have to pass it to see what's in it" Pelosi is know claiming that she never knew Jonathan Gruber, the MIT health economist and key architect of the Affordable Care

During a press conference Thurs., Pelosi stated she had never heard of Jonathan Gruber

“I don’t know who he is. He didn’t help write our bill. And so, with all due respect to your question, you have a person who wasn’t writing our bill, commenting on what was going on when we were writing the bill who has withdrawn – withdrawn some of the statements that he made,” the House Minority Leader said during a press conference Thursday. “So let’s put him aside,” she added.

Source

I believe it's around the 1:05 mark where she stutters and says something about not knowing him.....a lot of stuttering and hand gestures

But according to here webpage here from 2009, her memory is definitely in question

I know her District is Democratic....but it would be nice for another person to run against her as a DEM and beat her out of office

She really needs to go
Her senility is showing I'm afraid

edit on 13-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Well, she never did vote for it, and has never heard of Obama.

In other news, unicorns have been found in Pelosi's office.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Well, she never did vote for it, and has never heard of Obama.

In other news, unicorns have been found in Pelosi's office.

BTW, you have to watch out for elves, they have a thing for Unicorns
I think they have erased Pelosi's memories

edit on 13-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Even her reptilian masters say "damn, she ugly"

All kidding aside, Pelosi is like every other political "lifer"... (Left or Right)... so many lies, it's tough to keep 'em all straight...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Even her reptilian masters say "damn, she ugly"

All kidding aside, Pelosi is like every other political "lifer"... (Left or Right)... so many lies, it's tough to keep 'em all straight...

Yes, so very true

I liked how near the end after all the stuttering around she tried to shift focus back on the Rep.....typical

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Funny how things are quickly forgotten....

Elizabeth Fowler, a former staff member for Senator Max Baucus of Montana and a chief architect of the Affordable Care Act

Source

But while conservatives are all but labeling him the giver of Obamacare in their effort to wring political points out of his statements, Gruber wasn’t the first to suggest such central components as the law’s exchanges, mandates, insurance subsidies and Medicaid expansion.

And, the law’s proponents point out, he was more of a scorekeeper than an actual creator of the law.

“Was he in the administration, was he in the Congress, did he draft provisions of the law?” said Chris Jennings, a health care consultant and former White House aide on health policy. “The answer to all those questions is no, so just by definition he was not the architect of the law. He wasn’t a member [of Congress], he wasn’t an elected leader, he wasn’t [a] staff member to those members, he was not a political or career appointee to the administration. He was a private consultant.”

Gruber hasn’t tried to tamp down the impression that he was one of the law’s primary influencers. He’s described as “one of its principle architects” by the speaker’s bureau LeighBureau that represents him. His MIT biography calls him a “key architect” of the Massachusetts health reform law and says he helped “craft” the federal law. Numerous articles have used the term architect to describe him.

Source

So, in truth, Gruber was the key player in Romney care but one of dozens of consultants used in drafting the ACA.

As for Elizabeth Fowler:

hen the legislation that became known as "Obamacare" was first drafted, the key legislator was the Democratic Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Max Baucus, whose committee took the lead in drafting the legislation. As Baucus himself repeatedly boasted, the architect of that legislation was Elizabeth Folwer, his chief health policy counsel; indeed, as Marcy Wheeler discovered, it was Fowler who actually drafted it. As Politico put it at the time: "If you drew an organizational chart of major players in the Senate health care negotiations, Fowler would be the chief operating officer."

What was most amazing about all of that was that, before joining Baucus' office as the point person for the health care bill, Fowler was the Vice President for Public Policy and External Affairs (i.e. informal lobbying) at WellPoint, the nation's largest health insurance provider (before going to WellPoint, as well as after, Fowler had worked as Baucus' top health care aide). And when that health care bill was drafted, the person whom Fowler replaced as chief health counsel in Baucus' office, Michelle Easton, was lobbying for WellPoint as a principal at Tarplin, Downs, and Young.

Source

... she went from being a health insurance lobbyist, to the main player in the ACA, and then onto a key and cush job at Johnson and Johnson - yet another company who benefitted from the compromises ( no single payer system ) bred into the ACA due to opposition from the other party.

Cirlces within circles - theater designed to revise and mask the truth while making the few wealthy.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

A circle jerk...

Like everything else from D.C.

Guess who gets to be the "pivot man"?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

She lives in her own private Hell.

Hope-less Change.

or is it Hope and Chains

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

She lives in her own private Hell.

Hope-less Change.

or is it Hope and Chains

More like "hope for brains"!

LOL...

My cat even laughed at that one...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Their next move will be to claim Gruber is really a made up person invented by the republicans.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I suppose after a few hearing on this mess we will know how involved gruber was.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ole Stretch Pelosi is at it again! And it could be she's just her delusional self or she drank her damn lunch again...

Now I'm not a big fan of the Dems, however watching her have a press conference is almost fun. Even the mass amounts of Vodka she puts down can slow her frazzle... But take a look at her home district. I'm not certain, but isn't that Twenty Nine blocks of the highest priced real estate on the west coast? Lets just put it this way, several square miles of fringe lunatic millionaires parked right next door to Corporate whore houses.. Do you get the strange vibe that I don't approve of her? If so your right on the money! Here's why...

1). Pelosi runs a political money syndicate, if you don't kiss her hand you get zero money for your campaign
2). She actually died in 1995. However due to skills in fund appropriation was brought back to life
3). Keeps Letterman and those late night hosts in big ratings!
4). Dominates the old lady poodle demographic for the Dems.
5). A valuable tool for Obama. She opens her mouth and people are distracted from his slip ups
6). Proof that you can escape a nursing home and make it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Some political talking heads said that the only way to get her out of office is if another Dem. were to run against her in her District

Surprised no one has taken on that task yet, they would have all kinds of ammo to use against her

Dem vs. Dem---that would be okay I suppose

edit on 13-11-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeeling

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
More from Gruber....

The damage to Obama is immense.

Jonathan Gruber Admitted Obama Was In the Room When Cadillac Tax Lie Was Created

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I guess that the only good thing I can say about her is that she hasn't left a trail of "suicides" like hilary clinton.

Yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Dope and Stains"

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

]So, in truth, Gruber was the key player in Romney care but one of dozens of consultants used in drafting the ACA.

So in TRUTH!

Romney wasn't good enough to be Potus, but hell 'his' healthcare plan was good enough for the current administration to plagerize!.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

LOL. Its a rainy chilly night in D.C. The phone rings in the oval office. "Sir there is a bus waiting for you outside". LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Maybe she needs to sleep with him before she knows him?

That would be punishment enough for him.
Wait a second she knows the rest of Obamas cabinet and the republicans!!!!

edit on 171130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 19:17:35 -0600up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Maybe she needs to sleep with him before she knows him?

That would be punishment enough for him.
Wait a second she knows the rest of Obamas cabinet and the republicans!!!!

OMG....that's almost traumatizing!!!
Oh horrors...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join