It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism In The Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Greetings and Salutations-

"In the beginning there was Adam(u) and Lilith, created from the same dirt...." When Adam tells Lilith "Hey do the dishes and iron My shirts..." Lilith balks and then leaves... If this is the case why read on? And along comes 'Eve' created from Adam's rib, thus sticking those who 'squat to pee' firmly behind the 8-ball before the party starts...

What would TheGideons™ and their 879 orifices world-wide to "Better fleece the flock" distribute to rooms rentable by the hour? Little pamphlets like the J.W.™ that get wet and run like a track star???

The One Infinite Creator is FREE!!!

namaste

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

You and me both bud. Brainwashing is what it is. They get people when they are the most emotionally vulnerable to warp their thinking. Even the most rational thinking people can fall for this trap.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Yeah, Buddha and Jesus both represent the same idea. All myths originate from the same source: nature. They allegorize and "supernaturalize" very natural processes and phenomena in order to blind followers to the truth in my opinion.

Name any supernatural myth or god and it will have a natural counterpart. Zeus' attribute is lightning, this represents the electrical impulses in our brains. Jesus' attribute is that he is the image of God, this represents the image of light that those electrical impulses create forming our vision. The Virgin Mary represents the Earth and our bodies. Zeus' (Jesus' Father) electrical impulses are implanted into a "virgin" body (baby) within the womb.

Life came about through immaculate conception, how does a lifeless rock "raise up children for Abraham" and turn from an inanimate object into the diversity of life we see today? That's the biggest mystery of all.

These are only a few examples off the top of my head. Religion turns reality into myth through metaphor and euphamism.
edit on 11/13/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think that the Sprite of it remaining the same is a very very good thing .Can you imagine if it had actually been changed ,like some would lead us to believe ? a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ever seen the man from earth?.

kinda touches on the subject.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Basically if some of the Abramic information within the bible is associated with ancient information associated with say the ANNUNAKI LORDS and the LORD of the Abramic faiths basically LORD ENLIL. Then its not too much of a challenge for 1 to try and tie the many religious and scientific strings (in theory) together to come to the conclusion that who mankind has been perceiving as GOD may in fact be an Advanced EXISTING CREATOR CREATION GOD SEND... A GOD SEND that may also carry ASTRAL-ETHEREAL like attributes and abilities associated with the Metaphysical realms of which the HUMAN Soul-Spirit-Internal Energy at times comes in contact with or finds itself inhabiting within. So to immediately deny LORD JESUS CHRIST to 1 is a naive move, especially if those who attempt to deny the are not in possession of OBJECTIVE Reality data and awareness levels. Also who is to say the LORD JESUS CHRIST when speaking to FATHER when THE was on the Cross, wasnt speaking to??? Considering the LORD JESUS CHRIST being a potential ID (inter dimensional) or hybrid with some human attributes...

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It wouldn't be unlike the God of the Bible to not have His message written in all of what He has created now would it ? The Bible is more about patterns and what they actually say .Read it enough and after awhile you start to see them . a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'll make some basic observations that help me understand myths and history.

Humans tell stories about the world around them, and how things come to be.

We have always done this, there's really good evidence that our hominid near relatives also did this and perhaps therefore even before "language" (though not before symbol systems).

This could have evolved out of all members of a troupe needing to react similarly in crisis or critical situations.

If all members have a common "understanding" or way of interpreting the world, they can more easily act in concert.

All the ancient gods have families in direct mirror of the troupe/tribal unit's organization.

Every god is a father or a brother.

Every goddess is a mother or a sister.

Every god and goddess controls or embodies one or more of the elements of a basic hunter-gathering existence (later on agricultural): wind, rain, fire, lightning, day, dark, water/life, water/flood, water/ocean, home/hearth/campfire, hunting tools/weapons,good luck, bad luck, etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well since no one can say what is and isn't a metaphor in the Bible, I'd say that the Bible never has to change. You can constantly update it along side the god of the gaps argument (or just flat out science denialism depending on your fundamentalism).

But if it had changed, it would be just as untrustworthy as it is now. Maybe the untrustworthiness would be a bit more obvious, maybe a bit less obvious. That would depend on how much it changed, who was allowed to change it, and how often it is allowed to be changed.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: puffinkron247

If you're truly interested about your questions you'd study it for yourself. You can't expect everyone to do the work for you, you should see this thread as a springboard, that is of course if you're legitimately trying to understand.

You've gotta be pretty dumb or think I'm dumb to think a website like that (list verse) gives creedence to your claim to knowing anything about these religions.

What other scholarly resources have depicted the evidences you have claimed above and in this thread?

Can you name any historians that repeat your claims in any of there writtings?

Ohhh icharya s and list verse both said it's true,

All hail the mighty list verse. Who needs books when you can just base all your beliefs on the first page of your Google results.

You people need to hit up a library at least once in your life or maybe just read something other then what you find on the net lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

fantastic movie....
good call

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am not so sure that I agree with you about it can be used a a metaphor but will agree that there are plenty that do . Rightly dividing it makes for a challenge and can be quite enlightening . a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The natural world came long before any book or myth. There were no stories 10, 20, 30 thousand years ago. Man plagiarized these truths then weaved them into their myths, not the other way around as you suggest. God didn't mirror myths into the natural world, man did the exact opposite.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So the line of the serpent provided us with dozens of the same miracles

Could you provide textual support for these claims, and include the dating of these texts? If they were written after Christ, then they could be copying the bible.

This is my issue, the son of Satan is supposed to bring about the apocalypse...he's already been around according to what you've said thousands of years before Jesus then with really no ill affects.

The son of satan, Apollyon was the first of 7 fallen kings. The first recorded king in the bible was Nimrod. His first advent brought a unified world order. His fall resulted in the dispersion of the people into nations. When he returns, he will re-establish his world order, which will result in the apocalypse.

Just as Christ has two advents, so shall the antichrist. Apollyon's 2nd advent is the 5th trumpet of Revelation.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Did I miss where you provided evidence for Satan having a son?

If so, could you provide it again?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Great movie.

Enjoying some of these responses, it's interesting to see how several people share similar interpretations and beliefs.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well can you show me proof of that . I can appreciate that that is what you believe but I may not agree with what your take on it is .Faith is a wonderful thing that we all have .Proff seems to be in short supply for most of it . a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well if you don't use it as metaphors, then you have to read it literally. There is no other option. You could also have a mix of the two. Well if you take the bible literally, then it is immediately easy to discount anything you believe since science has already done that (just pick any story from the Old Testament, none of them could have happened as described). It's the people who use it as metaphors that I have a tougher time discounting. But that's why I stay agnostic, I can't disprove their accounts if they are extremely abstract.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Or if Satan is the serpent, How can he impregnate a woman? Assuming he is a spiritual being.

Angels have the power to incarnate and impregnate human women, Gen 6:4.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz
First and foremost, I believe in a higher power...whether it be a form of a universal higher consciousness, I'm unsure. I'm a person of science and facts.

***Note***: Anyone participating in this thread, I ask you please don't turn this into a flame fest. I am genuinely interested in an individuals faith towards Church and Religion.

Through research over the course of a decade still can't fathom as to aside from "faith", what drives individuals to defend the Church and Christianity.

They're defending the club to which they belong. In a sense, they're defending their own identity. The vast majority of Christians have no idea that much of the Bible is plagarized and certainly don't want to believe it. In fact, most of them have never read the entire Bible and only have the vaguest idea about what it contains. You'll see the same syndrome involved in defending your country right or wrong. Denial is a very powerful state of mind.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join