It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heebie jeebies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I believe we have the ability to bring these things upon ourselves. Im not talking about imagination, but an ability that is not known or accepted by the majority of people. I think that if you concentrate hard enough on anything eventually you will get a result, It may sound crazy. I can relate to you on this, and have had similar experiences. Especially recently, in my house, My wife and I would hear weird noises and bangs, and sometimes see a white figure just out of the corner of our eyes. The figure was usually in the same place , and we would never see a face only the body. One day I was sitting on the couch with my daughter when I saw the figure, I didnt say anything, I just looked over at my 3 year old, and she asked "was that mommy" I said I dont know, let me check. So I get up and see if she had walked by the window, and was outside. I kept saying please be mommy. Nope she was in a different part of the house, and had not left that room. So I kind of got validation from my 3 year old, That something was there. She doesnt know what ghost are, and I didnt delve into that with her, nor will I. Not until she asks me, and I hope that isnt until she is old enough to understand. We just leave it alone, and it leaves us alone.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

For a really dumb thread that I instantly regretted making there have been some very interesting replies.

I'm going to make dumb threads more often

edit on 11uam11America/Chicago2014Tuesday20141114 by duaneology because: typooooo

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nope, just ginormous egotistical rage.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

The way I look at it is... If you can say: "Maybe I am crazy". Then chances are you're not crazy. Well, that's how I've always reasoned out my sanity!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I listened to this incredible radio documentary on CBC about a young schizophrenic man. He was a very creative and articulate fellow and he kept a very detailed journal chronicling his decline into insanity right up until hours before his suicide.

I'd always assumed that people going crazy didn't realize that it was happening. Apparently that's not true. At least not in this guy's case. The documentary moved between readings from his journal and interviews with his parents. It was really heartbreakingly sad. Also very disturbing to hear the agonizing desperate words of someone losing his mind and knowing it.

Great now I'm depressed.

Thanks ATS

edit on 11000000pm11America/Chicago2014Tuesday2014114 by duaneology because: butter

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
a reply to: and14263

Great now I'm depressed.

Thanks ATS

Depressed, crazy, AND paranoid.

Wow. Well, you're in the right place, my fiend!

er, "friend"...
edit on 11/21/2014 by Outrageo because: add "dyslexic" and "Freudian"

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You are right, the Hermeticists call it The Principle of Mentalism, focusing on this type of thing can make weird things happen.

Embrace it, or not.. it is not always risk free.
edit on 21-11-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join