It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatically get tabs from YouTube videos using Riffstation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
TL;DR, you go to the website search for a video it automatically pulls it all out.

How does it work?

Just search for any song or artist and Riffstation will give you the chords for any song synced with the YouTube video! You can view the chord diagrams in sync with the music for guitar, ukulele and piano.

Where do the chords come from?

Riffstation uses an automatic chord recognition algorithm to "listen" to the music and figure out the chords for you!

How accurate are the chords?

The chord recognition algorithm detects major, minor and 7th triads with about 85% accuracy in typical rock/pop music. The chord positions shown are in root position only. The chords will always be detected and shown in the actual key the song was recorded in. If the song is in difficult key to play in, you can use the capo tool and play in any key you like with a capo on your guitar.

Can I edit chords which are not correct?

Not right now, but we are working on it!

Are there any advanced features?

For more advanced players we have Riffstation for Mac and PC. You can load in any song from your music collection and do amazing things. In addition to giving you chords, you can also slow down and pitch shift the music, isolate or mute the guitar to create your own jam tracks and lots more.

play.riffstation.com...
Just found this like 10 minutes, freaking way too cool,

Hope this can be of use to some.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Man thats cool-I gotta try some led zepp!

I like the way it shows you the chord finger positions in real time as well as the time bar.
A good way to learn for people like me who only know a few basic chords.

Thanks for the heads up Lysergic.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This can be handy for beginners to get in the ballpark of what key a song is in.
It doesn't seem to be very good at picking up more complicated chord voicings.
It's a good idea, but there is still some polishing to be done.
I can do it just as well with my ears.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Noboby likes to figure things out by ear anymore?

That's the coolest part about being a guitarist, people are getting lazy even with music.

Why not use ultimate guitar? There will be far better tabs on there that are 100% correct. Why would you want some thing that is wrong 15% of the time. I have better accuracy with my ears then this program.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Personally for me I am hard of hearing thanks to working around oilfield machinery for a good while, I had found this and just thought it was nifty since it can pull it from any video on youtube. I am still relatively new to playing the guitar, about 7 months or so, coming from no musical background whatsoever, its fun to witness the progression, and know there is still so much further to go.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Riffstation is great. I use it to isolate drums to play along to.

new topics

top topics

join