It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lauren hill our local celebrity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is a local story for me, but it has gone quite national.
I thought those of you across the pond might enjoy this story too.
Being local, she is on the news almost daily. It is sad for me to watch this girl on the news, she started off so full of life and week by week you can see how this is taking a terrible toll on her. My heart goes out to her family and friends, but I also give her praise for trying so hard to raise awareness and hanging in there so hard.
Lauren Hill is a 19 year old mt. st. joseph college student dieing of a brain tumor.
She is not expected to live through December.
IT is called DIPG, Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma

wiki

"A glioma is a type of tumor that starts in the brain or spine. It is called a glioma because it arises from glial cells. The most common site of gliomas is the brain.[1] Gliomas make up about 30% of all brain and central nervous system tumors and 80% of all malignant brain tumors"

This is the original local story that started everything.
If you can get through this without tearing up something is wrong with you

local story12

Everyone went sooo out of their way to make Lauren's final wish come true. It was called 'One last game'. The opening basketball game was not only moved up, but took place in a larger arena than the college could handle. Needless to say the game sold out.
Lauren made the first and last baskets of the game. Mostly due to her teammates making sure it happened.... But incredible none the less seeing as she could hardly run the court at all.

lau rens game

Lauren continues to steam on. Last night she dropped the puck at the cincinnati cyclones game. She was in a wheelchair, but still going strong.

cyclones game

So it's a sad but feel good story too. Kudos to Lauren for pushing on.
'never give up' she says.

Such a brave girl. Rock on, kid.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I saw this on National news. It was a feel good story. I was happy to see the participation from the "opposing" team as well. My kids play sports and sometimes it isn't just about winning or losing. Sometimes it's about making someone else's life a litlle better. Bringing joy!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I agree, it was really kind of the other team to let it happen. although it was a college game, that game was not really about winning or losing. sure it counts, but score sheets aren't everything.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wish she got more attention than the woman who publicly off'd herself. I'm ok with her decision (not that it matters), I just don't think we should glorify it. This young lady is far braver, and worthy of our attention. A love of life! I truly believe the other girl was obamacare propaganda to glorify her death so it would become the cheapest form of cancer treatment. You're gonna die, take this leathal dose and die with dignity. Complete Bull sh ! T. That's just my conspiracy mind running though.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

I'm from your same area, but south of the Ohio River. I get all the Cincinnati stations, though, and this is a pretty cool story. Good job sharing it here...it definitely beats the type of story that encompasses assisted suicide, IMO. (that's not meant to spark a debate, just a comment)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
RIP Lauren.
Lauren passed away last night at the age of 19.
She raised almost 1.5 million dollars for DIPG research.
Such a very brave girl and I hope her work goes a long way.

new topics

top topics

join