It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase your IQ by 10-15 points with a drug you already bought, you already have it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: signalfire

Actually a pretty good post you had explaining one of the possible reasons in detail. There are more possible reasons for his feeling better though.

I think most deficiencies wouldn't be repaired in three days flat; most of the effect he's feeling is strictly from induced ketosis, and any high fat, medium protein (in a high protein intake, the excess proteins are turned into carbs and slow down the response or kill it) and very low carb diet will do it.

The 8 lbs of water weight that BFFT mentioned is from dumping the water (attached to the glucagon stores in the liver) in the process of going into ketosis; you burn your available glucagon first because metabolically that's easiest; getting into ketosis is rather difficult metabolically and the body resists it and produces those carb cravings we are all used to. Work through those and your reward will be an instant 5-10 lb weight loss (only water weight but still feels good) and a ketone high that's a lot like that glow you get when a glass of wine first kicks in, only it's permanent as long as a state of mild ketosis is maintained. Strong ketosis is another beast entirely and can vacillate between a highly 'spiritual' (40 days in the desert comes to mind) state and one of sleepiness and mental fog. You need to burn the ketones out with strong exercise and ample water intake or you won't feel all that great on them. They're a metabolic byproduct and in high amounts, rather toxic.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard
This is simply idiotic.
Yes, you ate peanut butter for 3 days and then were somehow able to determine that your IQ had raised by 15 points. Well congratulations, this thread has lowered mine.
To anyone saying "oh yeah you probably cleared some deficiency" take a basic biology class. Chemical/vitamin deficiencies take months to clear up at massive doses of the deficient chemical, if it clears up at all.
I know I shouldn't be surprised being that this is ATS, a site designed to propagate ignorance.

You aren't going to cure a deficiency in three days, but you can identify a deficiency in as little as one day. Sometimes boosting niacin in the diet can lead to a deficiency and lockout of B12 as the free B12 is used up to correct things. This usually only occurs if you take nicotinic acid supplements though. But B12 deficiencies are happening in this country with some people not consuming enough or having a low enzyme level needed to utilize the B12 properly. Peanuts are a good test actually, but identifying what is causing the actual better feeling is more complicated. Levels of things in the blood can be pretty normal but a deficiency at the cellular level can occur from long term low consumption of some things or improper stomach acid chemistry. A balanced diet is hard to do without a knowledge of all the properties of foods. Many of the nutrition specs do not take into consideration the phytic acid, phytates, or oxalic acid contents of foods. These bind nutrients so they cannot get absorbed.

Deficiencies can take years to develop. Others, like the minerals and vitamins that are regularly excreted can take only a week. The condition of the kidneys can cause a deficiency within a week, especially in the electrolytes and some minerals. These don't even show up on the blood tests sometimes as the sodium and potassium are robbed from the cells to replenish the blood. The deficiency still exists even though tests do not show a deficiency some times. As you can tell, I do not have complete confidence in the tests that doctors use because of the knowledge I have of these issues. Knowledge that is accumulated from actually studying scientific evidence on these things. I do not like to parrot others without analyzing the evidence myself and have the time to research these things in details.

If he eats the peanut butter for too long he will have problems. overconsumption of one food can have bad effects. What the OP should do is try to figure out what is actually happening in his body, but that takes months of testing on oneself. I know, I have been doing this for a long time now and sometimes the results seem negative but actually restoring a deficiency causes another deficiency to occur. A balanced diet of more natural foods is best. But what foods to choose is genetic and metabolically specific. If you pee out salt, you need more salt or you get weak. A potassium deficiency is different, a deficiency at the cellular level causes weakness. This takes longer to correct than salt deficiency, with a salt deficiency you notice strength in half an hour after consuming salt. It takes days to correct a potassium deficiency and start feeling better.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
There's two kinds of ketosis, the one from diabetic ketosis which is a disease state and dangerous; that's the one that will cause negative symptoms. Ketosis that is dietary in a nondiabetic is a NORMAL HUMAN METABOLIC STATE much like our ancestors were in a great part of the time when their only food intake was meat, dried meat, or fasting state, which would have been a goodly part of the year. Carb sources are seasonal in most climates. We're designed to store fat for times when food is not available and burn it for energy both body and mind; this is a state of ketosis. It's only starvation when the fat stores run out.

Note that ketosis is not confined to simply eating peanut butter; a combination of any foods high in fats firstly, then proteins and very low in carbs, no more than 20 grams a day of carbs, will keep you in ketosis. It's a fascinating mental state and everyone should learn what it is and how it works. It also gives your cells a break from a constant influx of toxic sugars and makes you metabolically more dynamic.

Carb sources i.e fruit were abundantly available in our natural environment, it's only now that we are scattered and some of us are living in colder climates that our natural fodder has become harder to come by. That said though, rice, potatoes etc are available to most and whilst starch is not optimal for us frugivores it is a fine second best. Excess overt fats are not only unnecessary to humans but toxic.

If you what to see an example of modern day indigenous peoples living from a high fat diet you need look no further than eskimos who solely live of off animal derived calories thus being very high in fat. They suffer from a very high rate of diabetes, these peoples live most of their lives in ketosis and their health evidently suffers greatly because of this.

For those interested read the china study, it may save your life, further more look at how the leanest fittest healthiest cultures in the world eat, carbs>sugar>glucose, it's what your cells run on and it makes them very happy.

Interesting side note, if i was to replace a significant amount of my calories with fat sources my cardio vascular fitness would suffer dramatically, my run times and distance for instance would lose a very significant chunk, as much as 30+% in less than a week.......no thanks, pass the bananas!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

actually its not the peanut butter making you smarter...its the lack of sex haha

george costanza anyone?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: One_Love_One_GOD

The majority of humanity, at least that which derives from a Eurasian heritage, survived the ice age while living in Europe.

So while ice sheets marched forward over period of thosuands of years....fruit trees were abundant?

No, man only "switched" to a carb rich diet when the agricultural phase began. Before that, most humans had celiac disease and were lactose intolerant. They could eat fruits, but not grains. On a side note: i think the genetics to be able to process lactose and gluten came from the levant.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Are you kidding me????

Why the heck would i want to do that??????????

Sex, is a primal thing, not an intellectual thing.

Instead of going into details, let me put it simply. Sex won't lead you to enlightenment, thinking abut thinking will.

Not the way I do it! My lovers tell me....after we finish....it's all they think about for days afterwards. Perhaps it's the peanutbutter we use in such creative ways!!!

Just curious....What visual image do you have in your mind after reading my post?
edit on 9-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We absolutely all originated in a tropical environment from a singular gentic "ideal" and a supply of fruit at that time was constant and abundant, then for whatever reason we left, then came the ice sheets and the ice age etc.

Celiac disease an auto-immune disease is a result of cross breeding and has produced many hybrids that have nearly if not completely taken over our heritage agriculture and caused disease and health problems a'plenty, GMO's, stay well away.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Why would I want my sex drive cut by 75%? I enjoy sex, I want more drive, not less... hahaha

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Any excuse to eat more peanut butter is brilliant... (cut a plain donut like a bagel, spread some peanut butter in the middle) Make mine Organic, avoid the pesticides. Namaste.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Next time do it with coconut butter, sometimes called manna. That'd have more nutrition, and healthy fatty acids.

....and should spare you the stuffed up bum I'm sure you had.
edit on 130000000101pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Where you lose that eight pounds of fat is very important. Loosing it inside your gut area helps to relieve pressure on the organs and allows the blood reserves to increase in the liver and other reserve places. Increasing blood volume makes it so that the veins and arteries can dilate without having a shortage of blood. This can actually help to regulate BP better. They are right about the fat in the gut, I think they call it visceral if I remember correctly. This fat is necessary to some extent but too much causes problems. I would never want to lose too much of that, it would cause me problems with my hypoglycemia. I seem to make lots of insulin, actually too much. That is a negative side effect of eating only once a day for years, the pancreas gets weird properties. I do lots better if I eat a high protein and moderate fat diet. Carbs are a definite problem for me, except potatoes for some reason. I don't know why the potatoes do not effect me as bad, maybe they contain chemistry that dampens insulin a bit.

Being in ketosis is actually good for you unless you don't have fat stores that aren't full of toxins from years of not processing those toxins properly. Some get stored in the fat cells and should be slowly released unless you are doing something to sweat them out. Your skin is a good organ, it can help to get rid of these improperly processed chemicals. Now, any chemical that is higher than it should be in the body can become a toxin. Some foods and meds lower the excretion of these toxins. consuming them a lot is not good. Even natural foods can do that. Consuming things that stimulate the kidneys and liver and gull bladder helps to rid the body of these too.

I know a lot of guys who eat mostly meats, their brain does not function as broadly as it should. It may be the beta blockers in the meats that do that, they dampen the adrenal function. Now, these guys are very good people, some may be a little overzeleous with sports and trying to be strong, but they are good friends to have. The reason for their inability to broadly access a subject is because they don't eat enough green veggies. They want to feel good about what they are doing and broadening their perspective may lead to self evaluation that shows they aren't comprehending things right. I sort of classify mushrooms and yeasts as a meat in this aspect too. It shares some of meats properties. The nice thing about working with guys like this is that if you tell them to do something, it gets done, they don't spend all day thinking about it.

I suppose my being a boss/foreman most of my life shows well.
There is good and bad properties to all foods. It isn't a problem if our bodies know what to do with these foods, that is genetic. All foods change the way we think and some do it very quickly. We just haven't paid attention well to the changes they cause. Some are quick, some take longer. It is the interaction with the foods with our bodies and genetics that cause this change, the genetics creating proteins and enzymes to do this properly. Most problems with health come from our environment, the food we eat is a very big part of environmental factors in all life forms.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Possible cure for Alzheimer's, "take 4 peanut butter pills a day and see me in 3 months."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join