It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (Coxsackievirus A-16)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That facility isn't even open yet, so nothing is going on there. It was supposed to be opening early in 2015, but it has been delayed by NIMBYism and other states trying to grab the facility away. I know because my husband has seriously considered applying for a job there as it is in my parents' neck of the woods and we would like to move closer to them as they age; plus, we are K-State alums and it would be nice to live in our college town.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think I had an outbreak of this when I was in high school. I got a mouthful of open soars that took half the skin off the top of my tongue. I spent two weeks living on protein shakes and multi-vitamins because it was during the height of the competitive track and field season and I was near the top in my three individual events in the state and the anchor for our school's 4x400 relay. It was during league, regional and headed into state so I couldn't take off to convalesce and lose condition.

I remember the time I tried to eat a hot dog because I was starving and the ketchup burned like acid! I was in tears from the pain and frustration.

I don't envy you and I sympathize.

Just know this, as someone who worked with kids, once you get through the initial period of being sick with everything all the time, your immune system becomes like iron and it takes almost an act of God to make you sick.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dreamingawake

That facility isn't even open yet, so nothing is going on there. It was supposed to be opening early in 2015, but it has been delayed by NIMBYism and other states trying to grab the facility away. I know because my husband has seriously considered applying for a job there as it is in my parents' neck of the woods and we would like to move closer to them as they age; plus, we are K-State alums and it would be nice to live in our college town.

Thanks for your info on it!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join