It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographic Zoo in Dubai - This Is Getting Way Too Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
7-D Holographic Zoo

Sorry I can't seem to embed the video, if anyone else can it would be appreciated...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Here you go.... (I hope you don't mind?)

And another one that shows a bit extra...

That is amazing!!! Thank you for sharing it. Dubai certainly has and is continuing to make a huge name for itself. These things look like living, breathing creatures!!!
edit on 11/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've heard of this, it's in Bahrain.

The way I understand it, the participants are filmed & combined with the critters on a screen. So not even really holograms, so much as a really good CGI souvenir film. Watch the peoples' gazes as they "interact", they're clearly looking at a screen to get the idea of where the "faux projections" are.
edit on 11/6/2014 by Nyiah because: screen, not camera lens. derp

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Okay, thanks and thanks for the embed.

I couldn't tell if it was holographic or something else and the link was light on information.

I would hesitate to do this with little kids, it seems like the stuff of years of nightmares.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Depends on the kid, I'd think. I'd take mine to this kind of thing in a snap, especially for the dinos. The both love animals and would think it's a cool camera trick to be on screen with these animals. One kid is a dino nut, she'd love this, it would be one of those things hard to top for her.

edit on 11/6/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmmm........ Aren't we humans clever......
To quote a song lyric......

"........ We cut all the trees down and put one in a tree museum............. You don't know what you got till it's gone......put up another parking lot....."

Regards
PDUK

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The way this works is by showing the animated content superimposed on the background (filmed and analyzed by a camera) on a big screen which the participants are looking at. You can see the guy filming the video in the scene. It is therefore NOT holographic or even 3D. If you look close you will also see them all looking forward and not directly at the placements of the animals, since there is nothing to see other than ON the screen.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, this was already explained by this member:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on -06:00amThu, 06 Nov 2014 03:16:40 -0600am112014Thu, 06 Nov 2014 03:16:40 -060011amThursday by ParanormalGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A hologram inside a hologram. How deep down the rabbit hole?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow. I remember watching a show on the the science channel about 5 years ago called 2050. It was a fictional show broke down into 1 hour segments that gave a picture of the earth, related technology and such by the year 2050. It was almost told like a story with characters amd showed through the storyline the changes and interaction. Everything in the show was either being developed or in development at the time-and expected to be fully used by 2050.

One of the things was holographic imaging. In the show it was in its infancy. Basically a still image projected in a cloud of material. Obviously the episode showed a far more adavanced version in 2050. This wasn't supposed to be anywhere near perfection until then.

Now here we are 5 years later and it looks almost near perfection. As most of the things they showed in the series are. Imagine another 35 years from now.

Still so crazy to see this.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
the fact that Saudi Arabia has one of these and Disney world doesn't makes me sad...I guess they are spending too much on making comic book and harry potter theme rides to make room for a virtual zoo. maybe they have one in one of those top-dollar VIP attractions in las vegas haha.
edit on 6-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

You are good for an entertaining post SingalFire - this is pretty awesome. Impressive stuff they're doing with holo these days.

Can't wait to have one in my living room

edit on 6-11-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I really am looking forward to the day when these things become tangible, rather than superimposed after the event. It'd be absolutely awesome (although I have to say that even if I knew the Tyrannosaurus Rex wasn't real but I could physically see a full size one in front of me, I'd probably still want to run away). Cool post though!

new topics

top topics

join