It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorkote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
About a year ago, I inherited a 96 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab, with only 108,000 miles, a perfect body and interior, so it's been my goal to make it last as long as possible. Looking for a better way to protect the engine, I went full synthetic with the oil and recently found a hyper lubricant [ Not an oil additive ] that's seems to do a very good job. The stuff is called Motorkote.
motorkote.com...

Now, like I said, this stuff can be used in engines, but it is a hyper lubricant, not just an additive like Slick50 or similar products meant only for oil. This can be used on anything that needs to be lubricated. I even use it on my guns, along with door hinges, tools, etc. I have had a noticeable improvement in gas mileage, smoother/cooler running engine and much longer periods between oil changes. With the full synthetic and Motorkote, I'm getting 8500 miles between changes. I use it in both our vehicles [ 96 Dodge - 2007 Chevy Equinox ] and noticed similar improvements in both. It is a bit pricey, [ $33 a quart ] but you don't need much [ 2 oz per quart of oil ] and you don't have to use it at every oil change, like with additives. One quart will treat up to 4 cars.
Has anyone else used this and gotten bad results? I'd like to know, as I've been running the stuff for about 12k and don't consider that long term use.

Those of us with older cars are always looking for ways to make them last longer and get better performance, so I wanted to pass this along.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Never heard of it. I bet my Sonic would love it, so long as it stands up to the heat of a turbo.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Jeez, another big secret, an additive that oil companies don't know about.

Don't waste your money. Zink, PTFE, chlorinated parafins, solid moly....whatever. All it will do is poison the other real additives in your oil. Those additives are in a specific ratio, portions that you do not want to mess with.

If you want a high-tech lube additive that's real, Kendall and Castrol both use the new liquid Titanium additive.

Conoco.

www.phillips66lubricants.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Did you even read the info on the link I provided? Or just jump in with a smart a$$ remark?
Oil companies have no reason to make their oils last longer, selling as much as possible is the name of the game.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They certainly do have a reason to make their oils last longer. They could charge more for it and essentially have a monopoly forcing out the smaller companies making additives (many of whom have been successfully sued).

It's recommended I change my oil every 7,000 miles. Before synthetics that would have been considered very poor maintenance. I still do it far more often than that (even though I've only got 9,000 miles I think I've changed oil 5 times).

Don't add things to your oil. The vehicle manufacturers and oil companies have far more intelligent people with far more to gain from longer lasting engines and insane budgets. If you could guarantee car A would get 300,000 miles you could sell it for far more than car B that was otherwise identical. Oil companies would be making money hand over fist if they could prove their brand was so much better. Also factor in increased MPG which would be a huge selling point and increased performance which would be a fairly good selling point and big business has every reason to make oil last longer in engines.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

as a former GM employee,I know for a fact that the auto makers do NOT want cars to last 300k miles! They WANT them to break down,so you buy a new one.Granted,they must have a degree of reliabilty,but not 300k.In the 50's and 60's,GM made special engines for taxi's and police cars.All the bearing surfaces were hard chrome plated.Those cranks would almost never wear out,up to 300k.When they stopped doing this,the cab companies would swap the old engines into new cars and keep on going.I believe it was Hudson,used a high nickel content cast iron block,almost too hard to bore out,the cylinders would never wear out.

new topics

top topics

join