It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse Me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

It is interesting to me that chat does not grow. If it were so all inclusive, then why aren't there crowds up there? It is always the same few people. Also it is called chat, because that is what people are supposed to do there, not park and leave to do other things. If you are not there to chat, why not just leave.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thank you for posting Des, it means a lot to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I've went into Chat during a few ATS radio shows and never had an issue. Everyone seemed very nice. I have seen cliques form in other chat rooms in general though. Chat is not really my thing though because it ends up being a bunch of mindless garble because everyone is typing at the same time. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am really slow at typing , one finger wonder normally with my tongue sticking
out trying to remember how to spell the word , So i only ever went in once and felt like i had walked in on someone bonking .

Walked out pretty dam quick

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Iamschist

I don't go into 'chat' and once I unintentionally entered a 'chat' thread, I commented but I sensed how unwelcome I was from the atmosphere.

There has been and probably still is a lot of cliquery on ATS, which I do not care for but I also don't care for being part of a clique as I prefer individuality and won't compromise on my opinions nor follow others, especially when it comes to bullying. Thread stalking has happened to me often and cliques of haters have descended upon my comments, I say they are weak and if they need such behaviour then they need psychoanalysis.

I agree I sense that feeling in some long running threads(I've not visited the chat room) where it becomes a handful of posters...definitely a not wanted feeling.
I just move on to another thread.
there has to be a way of nipping it in the bud(chat room) although I don't see how?
edit on 2-11-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ha ha for some odd reason I think you would set them straight,
Is there a mod just for the chat room?
edit on 2-11-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Not that I am aware specifically, but during the radio shows there are often several in there.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Yeah keeping up can be an issue if there are lots of people in there chatting, it kind of becomes a blur. I often have spaz fingers and must back up to remove extra letters, and I am a speller's nightmare. lol

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

Not that I am aware specifically, but during the radio shows there are often several in there.

maybe they should have one there at least until the gangs realize it's not a private session just for the few
I'm really glad you brought this up. I'll make time later to visit chat just to see if I get any warm fuzzies...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well currently we have no chat. lol SO is looking for a new provider. Hope you do get warm fuzzies when we have one again, everyone should have warm fuzzies. lol

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Most (well, a lot of them) sites have chat rooms and from all the sites I am on I have no desire to read others inside jokes, etc.
As a ham radio operator, it's common to break into a bunch of hams talking and I have always been treated like they knew me for years.
I'll just continue to act like chat or shout boxes doesn't exist and be happier for it!

edit on 3-11-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wulff

I have no experience, but I have heard ham radio enthusiasts are a friendly outsider group. Not outsiders in the sense of weird, just that it has always been uncommon. Lots of stories where hammers have saved people, even perhaps the world. lol
I am pretty sure the quality of conversation on ham radios is superior to the average chat room. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I guess if you hit the down arrow to the right of the log in button and hit the chat icon .... I didn't know there was a chat ! , it's a bit too social media for me.

WELL You taught me something.... thanks..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So that's why I get treated like "The red haired step child", I wondered about this several times.

Huh.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join