It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POPPY ABUSE: Adelso Saws charged after cadet selling poppies is told he will be "shot by Taliban"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
A tasteless act but breaking a law?

He was charged with "using threatening, abusive, insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of or provoking violence."

Whether he broke the law will be up to the Magistrates to decide when he reappears before them in January.

He'll end up being told off and bound over to keep the peace. He won't be sent to gaol or fined. He may even be compelled to apologise to the boy, which could be quite humbling for such a macho dikhed.

Regards

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
para phi

That is the best punishment a knobhead like this guy should have.
He should be forced to perform a public apology AND be made to stand in the middle of King Street in Belper for the day wearing a Sandwich board telling everyone what a berk he is and how juvenile he is.......

It is that sort of public humiliation which makes people think and just think of the comments he would receive from the passing public....

STUMASON....... Apologies for my poorly researched 'sonic boom' post ref the mini Mansfield earthquake..... My excuse was I was away and didn't look at the full facts......silly boy!

PDUK

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Threatening a child in a roundabout way or not..bad idea if it would be my kid. This is one of the few instances where I wouldn't be upset if this pos fell and bumped his head while in custody.
Nobody messes with Remembrance Day.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
How is "the Taliban will shoot you" threatening someone?

Sounds more like information since Taliban do tend to shoot people.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Stu. It's something I read. The Taliban was originally a group of extreme religious fundamental university kids that were seeking to bring cohesion to a country ravaged by war lords.

The person that wrote the biography I attempted to reference but can't remember the name of, wrote that. He may be lying. If what I said is incorrect then forgive me. I personally have no interest in going to google and typing out, "how did the Taliban start." You are welcome to though

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I'm not defending the actions of the moron by any means. He should choose his targets more intelligently, charity workers and children are not valid targets. However, how many times have our forces bombed other countries on their religious holy days? And killed innocent people, even when they knew they were innocent? They show no respect for their customs or lives. So its only to be expected that they have no respect for ours.

Personally I refuse to wear a poppy or honour remembrance day since they included fallen from all wars, not just the ones where people had no choice to fight for our freedoms we are having removed from us slowly but surely, but including the corporate resource wars, where our forces were not defenders or liberators, but invaders and oppressors. I think its a complete farce and a massive insult to those who did give their lives up for our freedoms and liberties.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

I don't know if anyone here has heard but another cadet has faced a hate crime, this time he was approached at a bus shelter where he was selling the poppy's on behalf of the charity when he was attacked with an aerosol that was ignited, he suffered burns to his face and singed hair, the man who attacked his was described as dark skinned, black or Asian but also staggering as if possibly drunk.
www.independent.co.uk...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
This has now become a matter of identity and just like when people started wearing cross's openly after government and minority's started to persecute British Christianity we will now wear our poppies with the pride we always should have, indeed many will wear them wanting to be attacked so that we can identify those scum responsible and show them what we are REALY made of but then they will only single out the kid's and the elderly won't they as they are nothing but a bunch of hardfaced cowards. but there are today growing numbers of British men and woman willing to tell the hypocrites behind law's that take away our freedom and rights of free speech and then give it to strangers that enough is enough, this is our country not an Islamic state and IT NEVER WILL BE, if it ever is we will turn this our own country inside out and wash there filth from our street's once and for all, history will be my judge on this, we stood alone against a conquered Europe and a tyrant with the greatest army and air force in the world so we will not bow to this scum.

Let them bring there swords and we will bring a boiling vat or hot tar, they want medieval I say lets give them medieval but I do feel for the innocent who are simply wanting to live there lives in peace and of all minoritys I like the seikh's as they truly are among the best with truly decent people and a great humane spirit, they also have truly fought with pride in our armys and military for the last two hundred years.

I don't mind the Indians, I love the gurka, The west Indians (A very wrong and misleading name, the Jamaicans etc) are us anyway though the blind will not see that most of them have british ancestry from the shameful practice of house slave making by which a black girl who was deemed attractive was raped by her white masters, even without that we OWE them for the slavery there ancestors suffered).

But what may I ask do we owe the Pakistani's, what did they ever do for us, we did displace them and brought the Moghul empire down but they persecuted and tormented the majority hindu and Buddhist populations of the indian sub continent, historically the people actually lined the streets cheering in many of there former kingdoms glad to see law and justice arrive with the British (not much but much better than they had previously had under there muslim overlords) and if must be pointed out we did not in fact conquer india except after the Indian mutiny in which once again more Hindus and Buddhists died at the hands of the Islamic Maddrasah schooled fanatics back then.

Yes there were crime's toward the end of British rule such as Peaceful demonstrators being machine gunned by trigger happy officers and that has sadly never been properly addressed but the truth is we modernised india and when we left that slowed almost to a stop, today the indian government is at last trying to provide electricity to all I it's villages realising that modernisation is the key to that great nations success.

edit on 2-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Aye - thread here

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Ye well said...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
UKIP

top topics