It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peltier Removal & Testing from mini drinks chiller & food heater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hey folks,

I have liked the idea of peltiers for a long time so i thought i would create a youtube video series of peltier removal and testing from a mini drinks chiller and food heater.

They are my first youtube videos so i hope you enjoy them if you are interested and have the time to watch.

I think that peltiers have a lot of potential, so i hope this is food for thought.

PT.1 (Component removal from the mini fridge)

PT.2 (Component removal from the mini fridge Cont..)

PT.3 (Testing Phase Cold / Hot / Power Output)

PT.4 (Testing Phase Cold / Hot / Power Output)

PT.5 (Testing Phase Cold / Hot / Power Output)

PT.6 (Testing Phase Cold / Hot / Power Output)

PT.7 (Testing Phase Cold / Hot / Power Output)

Unfortunately my keyboards "e" key has stopped working so i will add more details here shortly

Ps - For this thread i have been copying and pasting every single "e" key using ctrl + v and i'll tell you.... Its been hard work lol

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Pretty neat. I will watch these later when I have a little more time. I heard about Peltiers a year or two ago on the Overclockers.com forums, where some were experimenting with Peltier cooling solutions for CPUs. They're interesting little gadgets that I'd like to learn more about.

Also, it sucks when a key stops working on your keyboard. I had that happen to my space bar once.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Peltiers are awesome. I use one for charging batteries

It runs on tea light candles.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: the2010apprentice

Very interesting.

A tip too, most words will be corrected by spell check if they are just missing and "e" so no need for such a copy and paste ordeal. Must have been a real PITA!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Helpful hint - you can buy all you want, and heat sinks and thermal goop too, at Digikey, even onesey-twosey.

Unless you just happen to have a cooler you don't want anymore, it'll be cheaper to buy them ala carte than to buy coolers.

Also, I've gotten pretty good deals on them from ebay.

Peltiers are very very inefficient, though. Fun to play with, not overly practical.

new topics

top topics

join