It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Problem With Roswell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I find it really hard to believe aliens crashed at Roswell. If they did, then others would have come to pick them up and clean up the mess so we wouldn't even be discussing it now. s either it didn't happen or they had some really really bad aliens they wanted to get rid of so they sent them out in a dodgy ship. Who's with me on this? I mean, they have the tech to come to earth and yet still crash? Or maybe the resvue and clean up party are still on the way?
Then again, it coulda been alien teenagers on a joyride have an accident and their parnts are still looking for them?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

I'm willing to bet that even interstallar/interdimensional aliens, regardless of tech level, still maintain the capacity to make mistakes. To think otherwise is, in this one's humble opinion, foolhardy. After all, they are just advanced not perfect. They are (probably) not gods.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Who's to say their that much more advanced than us? Perhaps they could have a natural resource on their planet that enabled space travel or perhaps their only a hundred years or so in front. After all, look how much we have advanced in the last hundred years ourselves. I'd wager a guess that we will be out and about in space within the next few decades.
edit on Saturday2014101149999 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

My take on the is the GREYS "Avatar" bodies(CONTAINERS),run from another dimension.
The loss of equipment was apparently negligible,at least to them.
They evidently have no PRIME DIRECTIVE against it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why not do some real research and present your findings here instead of what seems to be a random thought that popped into your head?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
I mean, they have the tech to come to earth and yet still crash?

Irrelevant. Look at human beings for example... Even our best technology is subject to failure due to simple causes. Airplanes have crashed just because they hit birds.
As I understand it from listening to various witness testimony, the Roswell craft crashed because our radar systems interfered with the control of their craft... Much like how a bird might interfere with the control of an airplane.
Besides, there have apparently been several ET crashes on Earth. How many of them have you heard of, besides Roswell? Seems to me like tptb are doing a pretty decent job of keeping things under wraps.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18584908]taoistguy
Then again, it coulda been alien teenagers on a joyride have an accident and their parents are still looking for them?

unfortunately the one surviver is dead now, and their parents are here.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I'm willing to bet that even interstallar/interdimensional aliens, regardless of tech level, still maintain the capacity to make mistakes. To think otherwise is, in this one's humble opinion, foolhardy. After all, they are just advanced not perfect. They are (probably) not gods.

When people think of extraterrestrials and ufos, they generally think that these beings must be infinitely more advanced than us... But an interesting thing to consider is, what if they're not? What if they're only ahead of us by maybe 50 years, or even essentially equal? Alot of advanced technology has been developed long ago and subsequently hidden away by people who didn't want it released to the public. Who knows what we have in secret?
If we as a race had diverted attention from various trivial things into technological development, who knows what we could have accomplished by now? Maybe if the dark ages hadn't happened, we'd have already colonized and terraformed Mars.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Apparently lightning is one of the few things that can take them down.

Some say it was done on purpose and they sacrificed themselves to initiate contact, as other attempts had been ignored.

I know one thing, physicists are some of the smartest people on the planet. And when one comes out one day saying he (Major Marcel, a physicist) found pieces of a metallic disc and non-human bodies one day, as published in many newspapers, and the next day the story is radically changed, either Major Marcel is insane or someone lied.

Did they institutionalize Major Marcel after this? No, he continued on with his duties. So, unless you are extremely gullible and cannot follow logic, his original story was true. I would start there.

Original Roswell newspaper article

There is some good info here:

Roswell coverup explained

edit on 25-10-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

edit on 25-10-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

My problem with Roswell is whatever it was that crashed, it crashed in an isolated area.

Therefore it wasn't something from outer space. Why would aliens be flying around over desert? If they ever came to Earth, there are far more interesting places to observe.

The weather balloon explanation is far more feasible, as balloons are launched from areas such as where the crash occurred.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Isolated areas are usually where the secret bases are, nuke and other tests happen. If they have any kind of rule about minimizing contact of course isolated areas make sense. I don't think you'd make a very good alien!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Maybe they want to treat us like equals but we have issues with our selfesteem.
Also I believe our tech is way more advanced than we think, but it is kind of hard to share that as long as people still think ghosts and demons are real. Or are afraid their goverment is trying to kill them, or vaccine is witchcraft, or channeling money is a good way to spend their sundays, or Obama is a cloned pharao, or ancient aliens and reptilians exist, or...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: alldaylong

Isolated areas are usually where the secret bases are, nuke and other tests happen. If they have any kind of rule about minimizing contact of course isolated areas make sense. I don't think you'd make a very good alien!

I think my explanation is more plausible.

If i visited from another planet, the last place i would want to be would be in a nuclear test area. May never get home again.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I have a severe problem. It is your thread. What constructive purpose backed with any shred of data or info does it provide? How long did it take to type that, about a minute?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

the problem with research and data is that i can't kust walk into the offices and start loking through the iles. and i dont have a time machine. my premise is based on common sense.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I think Roswell was a red herring to draw attention away from the real UFO's that seem to be composed of transdimensional energy...I call them demons riding around in their merkabahs.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

When people think of extraterrestrials and ufos, they generally think that these beings must be infinitely more advanced than us... But an interesting thing to consider is, what if they're not? What if they're only ahead of us by maybe 50 years, or even essentially equal? Alot of advanced technology has been developed long ago and subsequently hidden away by people who didn't want it released to the public. Who knows what we have in secret?
If we as a race had diverted attention from various trivial things into technological development, who knows what we could have accomplished by now? Maybe if the dark ages hadn't happened, we'd have already colonized and terraformed Mars.

I've argued that point several times with people.

The other thing to consider is that, where they're from, there could be elements that don't exist on Earth which made it possible for them to develop interstellar travel fairly early in the the evolution of their civilization.

Maybe their civilization made space travel a priority and, species-wide, they worked together toward a common goal instead of fighting among each other.

Imagine what humans could have accomplished by now if, historically, we were more interested in advancing and sustaining our species instead of focusing on religious and cultural divisiveness.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Maybe their civilization made space travel a priority and, species-wide, they worked together toward a common goal instead of fighting among each other.

Imagine what humans could have accomplished by now if, historically, we were more interested in advancing and sustaining our species instead of focusing on religious and cultural divisiveness.

That's a beautiful answer, answer.
Sorry couldn't resist.
Maybe we are already more cooperating than we're told, because of all the doomers and patriots fearing a NWO? Maybe our future is bright and not so grimm as some believe? Imagine what and how fast we could achieve a lot of usefull things if we were. All the companies are international and with the UN, club of rome, etc. we could actually be on our way if people weren't so scared...
So if I think about it, I could totally understand if someone would declare ignorance and stupidity a crime...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm (lately anyway) leaning to the "weird found tech from a higher civ in prehistory crashed by a secret group of human savants trying to back engineer/drive it" camp.

It answers some questions regarding the scenario that have bothered me... the little guys might have been constructs/androids from yesteryear.

Heh, dunno, but I AM pretty sure Roswell "happened" ... the bare bones story, anyway... as long as we're spit-balling from the back row with nothing to go on but hunches and postulations...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

I know one thing, physicists are some of the smartest people on the planet. And when one comes out one day saying he (Major Marcel, a physicist) found pieces of a metallic disc and non-human bodies one day, as published in many newspapers, and the next day the story is radically changed, either Major Marcel is insane or someone lied.

There was a suggestion that the crash was of the military testing of top secret altitude or spying equipment and that Major Marcel simply used the 'flying saucer' story as a cover - it might seem laughable but I bet there wasnt a lot of sophistication in cover stories back in the 40s.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Brazen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join